IGNORED

Derby County Drink Driving charges (merged topics)

WhistleHappy

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Totally agree.

Obviously the buck totally stops with the players.

Regardless of the driving incident which could have ended far worse heaven forbid, they are professional athletes and team bonding or not they should not be getting smashed a couple of days before a game.

If I were a Derby fan I would be utterly livid.

If you were a Derby fan we'd all be utterly livid!

It's possibly an OTT view but to me, players drinking alcohol at any stage of the season- at most a glass of wine or 2 with a suitably healthy meal, but beyond that during the season?

Shouldn't be happening, in order to perform at an optimum level. I'm certainly not anti alcohol, but even before we get onto the seriousness of this incident, players out down the pub getting on the drink, etc during the season? Unsure I agree with it!

@Davefevs Agreed- like nothing ever happened!

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's possibly an OTT view but to me, players drinking alcohol at any stage of the season- at most a glass of wine or 2 with a suitably healthy meal, but beyond that during the season?

Shouldn't be happening, in order to perform at an optimum level. I'm certainly not anti alcohol, but even before we get onto the seriousness of this incident, players out down the pub getting on the drink, etc during the season? Unsure I agree with it!

Are they due in court or anything like that?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some are I believe.

I can’t believe how it appears to have been brushed under the carpet.

I think that says a lot about Derby County Football Club & those in charge there & Ryan Giggs (in terms of Lawrence’s Wales selection)!

I can already see what’s likely to happen, as soon as the two drink drivers are found guilty in a court of law, Derby County & Giggs / Wales will come out saying they don’t condone these players actions but until they were found guilty in a court of law, they were still innocent! Sod the moral stance that these two are ‘dead men walking’, it gives these teams the right to use these players as they could be innocent (and Santa Clause could be real)!

We already know Derby are stuffed financially & losing these two players will affect them further & they can’t afford that!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I mean, yeah court wise I'm sure that will come down the track- just thinking about how quickly they were brought back into the first team fold, even though.

It sends the wrong message imho.

i hope our club never stoops this low.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not sure about banning alcohol full stop. If  a couple (note the word couple) of glasses of wine or pints of Gold helps a player unwind in what is a stressful job whether we like it or not then I don’t see the harm whatever Sports Scientists and Nutritionists say. However, I do understand the 48hr no drinking prior to a match rule that is standard at all clubs is sensible.

What I don’t agree with is binge drinking during the season full stop as that has clear and proven effects on performance.

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sod the moral stance that these two are ‘dead men walking’, it gives these teams the right to use these players as they could be innocent (and Santa Clause could be real)!

We already know Derby are stuffed financially & losing these two players will affect them further & they can’t afford that!

Oogh, @Tipps69 ?.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yes, I know - Predictive Text ?

No, haven’t you heard, it’s a new Clause that Mel Morris has input into all the Derby players contracts, it’ll mean it will be Christmas Day for Morris every time one of his players behave like naughty little boys, hence, The Santa Clause.

And he won’t have to keep buying his stadium cheap & selling it expensively to please the EFL & FFP.

?

26 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

No, haven’t you heard, it’s a new Clause that Mel Morris has input into all the Derby players contracts, it’ll mean it will be Christmas Day for Morris every time one of his players behave like naughty little boys, hence, The Santa Clause.

And he won’t have to keep buying his stadium cheap & selling it expensively to please the EFL & FFP.

?

Sounds great, and I see you have changed your avatar to show your little puppy ☺️.

On 01/10/2019 at 08:50, luke_bristol said:

Paint-balling, go karting....there must be hundreds of non booze related team building activities they could have done, especially with the sort of money they’re on!

Longstanton Spice Museum, a cracking owl sanctuary...

• Admin
10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Been fined 6 weeks wages just now reported by BBC - “ as much as their contracts allows”.

Nope, sorry , should be sacked for Gross Misscoduct in my view.

That is most certainly what I would expect if it was our players.

I understand the sentiment, but if it was after the clubs event had finished and they were getting pissed in their own time, it may be hard to enforce.  If it’s not in their contract that they must have a driving licence, then a DD conviction probably isn’t gross misconduct.  Depends if they have  a clause in the contract of bringing the club into disrepute, if not, maybe there isn’t much they can do unless they are carted off to the nick.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Releasing a statement 10pm on a Friday night, talk about trying to brush it all under the radar 

IMG_20191004_233049.jpg

To me it’s all bullshit! Why has it taken them so long to act & for the players to come out & accept the responsibility?

Feels like to me that having had a backlash from their own fans for coming back into the team after just one match that someone has decided that the club had better be seen to be doing something & Bennett has had something prepared for him!

Still no word from the more senior Lawrence though!

10 hours ago, CiderHider said:

I would like to make an apology for my posts as I was not in the right frame of mind.

Everyone person (inc footballers) have their own agency, they should take responsibility for their actions.

It's just.. where was the responsible person that night. 

I don’t think you need to apologise mate - it’s a very emotive subject - you were totally entitled to an outburst about something that ruins lives ...

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some are I believe.

I can’t believe how it appears to have been brushed under the carpet.

Exactly, and I may be wrong but didn’t B.Silva get a 6 match ban for that social media post about his good friend Mendy, even though Mendy wasn’t offended?! Why hasn’t this drink driving duo been given a football ban? And I notice Lawrence has even been selected by Wales in the midst of all this - so Giggs also couldn’t care less about his antics it seems ...

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Exactly, and I may be wrong but didn’t B.Silva get a 6 match ban for that social media post about his good friend Mendy, even though Mendy wasn’t offended?! Why hasn’t this drink driving duo been given a football ban? And I notice Lawrence has even been selected by Wales in the midst of all this - so Giggs also couldn’t care less about his antics it seems ...

Screenshot_20191005-071253_Twitter.thumb.jpg.591132083b1e0c67325ad8404f9a0f0a.jpg

Archived