IGNORED

Bristol the City and Bristol City

Davefevs

I'm not a Bristolian, but I couldn't love her anymore. She's a chuffin' beaut, ain't she? 

That buzz about waking to the ground, never leaves you, does it?

Great video. Show it in the local schools, give them that buzz for supporting your local team. Hell, make one for the Blue Few as well. I'd rather see a kid in that monstrosity than a Liverpool shirt

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Great video. Show it in the local schools, give them that buzz for supporting your local team. Hell, make one for the Blue Few as well. I'd rather see a kid in that monstrosity than a Liverpool shirt

Absolutely agree. I’ve aleays said I’d rather see kiddies over the park in sag tops than Barça, Man Utd, City etc

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Love that sign in the video: 

More Dogs

More Blacks

More Irish 

That kind of thing is what sums up Bristol. Tolerant and subversive. Authentic and innovative. 

Bloody love it. 

You haven't been following the Brexit thread have you... ?

Come one, come all. Bristol! We loves it.

I've been to a lot of places, but Bristol is by far my favourite big city.

Like any large urban areas it has its share of problems, but it has history, some stunning city-scapes, but most of all the laid-back, dry humour of Bristolians themselves that wins it top prize in my books.

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I've been to a lot of places, but Bristol is by far my favourite big city.

Like any large urban areas it has its share of problems, but it has history, some stunning city-scapes, but most of all the laid-back, dry humour of Bristolians themselves that wins it top prize in my books.

I think you’ll find it’s Horizontal dry humour RR.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Love that sign in the video: 

More Dogs

More Blacks

More Irish 

That kind of thing is what sums up Bristol. Tolerant and subversive. Authentic and innovative. 

Bloody love it. 

It did say "No Cardiff" at the bottom. That's fine though.

8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Not a great fan of Ladbrokes...not a betting man, mugs game...but as a film maker myself...lovely film, beautifully made.

And having also travelled a lot, and having left Bristol aged 18, no finer city in the world....

Funny because I’m a betting man & do rather well out of it but I’m not a fan of Ladbrokes either ??

• Admin
1 hour ago, vslowone said:

Born and bread in Bristol lived in clifton went to Ashton Park school, left 20 years ago, me mum still lives there so visit regularly. No one could pay me enough to live there again

Not surprised going to Ashton Park, I couldn’t wait to get out of that hellhole.......

I know I am biased but have lived and worked around the UK Bristol is absolutely in the top 3 of places to live in this country, by any metric you care to use.

Culture, diversity, industry, commerce. 

When we turn right by the Lions, and look down at Ashton Gate, with Ashton Court to it’s left, the gorge and suspension bridge behind, then Clifton sweeping down and right toward the red warehouses and Bristol itself..........there is no ground framed more beautifully than the gate.

Oh my how I love it.

I'm proud as hell to be Bristol born n bred, and although i haven't lived in the area since the end of 1995, i still love coming back and seeing the transformation all around the city, new buildings n developments, cafes n restaurants, old buildings that have disappeared and old ones that have remained.....the look from the suspension bridge over AG is one of the finest views anywhere. As is the drive south on the M5 towards junc 15 at night, the city of Bristol lit up as the gateway to the South West, love it.

I only get back to the UK about once every three years and I always cherish the view of Ashton gate and the suspension bridge from many focal points around the Bristol Area. It’s a great City and every time I visit with others we are all impressed. It’s one of the best compared with others in the UK . It will always have its bad areas like other city’s in the UK and around the world but it will always be home for me.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

When we turn right by the Lions, and look down at Ashton Gate, with Ashton Court to it’s left, the gorge and suspension bridge behind, then Clifton sweeping down and right toward the red warehouses and Bristol itself..........there is no ground framed more beautifully than the gate.

Palmyra Rd. Used to love my old gaff down there when I practically lived in the Luckwell for a few years. Crazy days. 

Great video. 

I couldn’t be happier that we stayed at Ashton Gate. Yes the parking is a nightmare for fans who have to drive, but the ground is in a great setting overlooked by the Suspension Bridge and Ashton Court.  It’s also a lovely walk to the ground from the centre through the harbour-side, with some great pubs en route. 

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

I know I am biased but have lived and worked around the UK Bristol is absolutely in the top 3 of places to live in this country, by any metric you care to use.

Culture, diversity, industry, commerce. 

Oh my how I love it.

The Avon Gorge and Suspension Bridge is one of my favourite views in the world, especially when you drive over the Cumberland Basin. People who live and work in and around BS3 are so lucky to see that everyday 

Archived