Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

MC RISK77

Brentford Away - Live on Sky Red Button (Merged)

Recommended Posts

Hi all, can anyone confirm if this is the main game on sky or is it just on red button...on hols at moment with no bars to watch on red button so if main game I can watch on ipad.

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Hi all, can anyone confirm if this is the main game on sky or is it just on red button...on hols at moment with no bars to watch on red button so if main game I can watch on ipad.

thanks in advance

Would be on the red button mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

I see City v Brentford is live on the red button. Does anyone know if you can record games that are on the red button

 

Yes. Just press record on the game that's on Sky Sports Football and it will give you a choice of what game you want to record. 

It only records in SD though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/09/2019 at 13:24, MC RISK77 said:

Hi all, can anyone confirm if this is the main game on sky or is it just on red button...on hols at moment with no bars to watch on red button so if main game I can watch on ipad.

thanks in advance

Could you watch via RobinsTV? Works on iPad and the game is available for a tenner.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/domestic-livestream-for-brentford-test/

Actually, they've made this game available to all on RobinsTV. Everyone can cancel their flights to Dublin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes. Just press record on the game that's on Sky Sports Football and it will give you a choice of what game you want to record. 

It only records in SD though. 

Yep, records in SD, but if you watch live it’s HD.

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Could you watch via RobinsTV? Works on iPad and the game is available for a tenner.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/domestic-livestream-for-brentford-test/

Actually, they've made this game available to all on RobinsTV. Everyone can cancel their flights to Dublin.

Luckily hadn’t booked mine to Frankfurt. 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, records in SD, but if you watch live it’s HD.

Luckily hadn’t booked mine to Frankfurt. 👀

Montreal one week and Frankfurt the next, what a life you live 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 To access the red button, go to any of the Sky Sports channels on your television and then press the red button to select that match you wish to watch. ... Sadly NOW TV users are unable to access the feature on their streaming devices - but if you're a Sky customer, matches are shown live on the Sky Sports App.

 

does this mean you can watch on sky go if in uk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

 To access the red button, go to any of the Sky Sports channels on your television and then press the red button to select that match you wish to watch. ... Sadly NOW TV users are unable to access the feature on their streaming devices - but if you're a Sky customer, matches are shown live on the Sky Sports App.

 

does this mean you can watch on sky go if in uk?

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Only if you have Sky Q though. If not, it brodcasts in SD too! 

 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, records in SD, but if you watch live it’s HD.

I thought he meant "live" as in being at the ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing it doesn't work on Virgin media? Will there be a stream up that someone can link me to?

Edited by Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm guessing it doesn't work on Virgin media? Will there be a stream up that someone can link me to?

 

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Experience tells me that not a lot works on Virgin, but no harm in trying.

It does work on Virgin, I had to try and talk my dad through it the last time we were on there (I'm with Sky), but it doesn't seem as easy to do. Mind you that could just be him over complicating things....

 

@wendyredredrobin I know what you mean, was with them for ages and including when thr V6 box went live. Slow menu systems, channels that never worked (youtube was a write off), made it an awful system. 

We moved a while ago to a new build so Virgin not available, wasn't too disappointed although miss the broadband. 4mb max speed is not good!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does work on Virgin, I will be watching on it later. Also very simple to use, find the right channel, press the red button, select the match you want to watch. Simples!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Seen it mentioned above that you can watch the game via Sky App, but has anyone done this before and how easy is it?

Yes, I’ve done it....just make sure you use Sky Sports app rather than Sky Go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taz said:

We moved a while ago to a new build so Virgin not available, wasn't too disappointed although miss the broadband. 4mb max speed is not good!!

Isn't decent broadband provision (i.e. FTTP) a pre-requisite for new builds? If not, it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Isn't decent broadband provision (i.e. FTTP) a pre-requisite for new builds? If not, it should be.

We have FTTP (fibre to the premises). Openreach has the rights to provide this service which means that only BT can provide you with the internet. However, after 18 months, you are then allowed to swap to another provider. This is certainly the case for all City fans here in Northern Ireland!

PS flying to Dublin or crossing the border a few miles away, so I can watch City on International Robins TV, is a non-starter. International in this case means outside of the UK and the whole of the island of Ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

We have FTTP (fibre to the premises). Openreach has the rights to provide this service which means that only BT can provide you with the internet. However, after 18 months, you are then allowed to swap to another provider. This is certainly the case for all City fans here in Northern Ireland!

PS flying to Dublin or crossing the border a few miles away, so I can watch City on International Robins TV, is a non-starter. International in this case means outside of the UK and the whole of the island of Ireland.

Openreach provide the physical connections for 90% of suppliers (BT, TalkTalk etc.), the only ones that don't use it are Virgin and some of the smaller City based providers.

I was under the impression that the whole point of Openreach being split from BT a few years back was to stop BT having a monopoly on providing the service.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Openreach provide the physical connections for 90% of suppliers (BT, TalkTalk etc.), the only ones that don't use it are Virgin and some of the smaller City based providers.

I was under the impression that the whole point of Openreach being split from BT a few years back was to stop BT having a monopoly on providing the service.

I thought that as well. Apparently, fibre to the premises is different to the normal fibrebroadband that's offered by most providers, which has fibre commencing at the green box somewhere near your house at best.

Competition? Not here in Northern Ireland. We can't even buy a phone battery on Amazon or eBay because the contents aren't suitable for delivery (ie it might start a fire).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Experience tells me that not a lot works on Virgin, but no harm in trying.

Rohypnol is pretty effective

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Isn't decent broadband provision (i.e. FTTP) a pre-requisite for new builds? If not, it should be.

Should be, but their excuse is that as we are in a semi rural area, it will "take time".

They are doing work in the area, but seem to cause disruptions for about 2-3 days at a time, then disappear for a month or so.

I sometimes get better download speeds on my 4G :disapointed2se:

Can stream stuff fine, so long as we're not doing too much more online. Downloading to the Xbox takes days at a time....

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...