IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

A very decent point despite the refereeing controversies. But more than that it was a brilliant match. Ridiculously open but LJ really went for a win. 3 points would have been nice but waiting at Preston station I can't help but feel that it's been an entertaining afternoon. 

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

I completely agree that the pens were stonewall. 

However, you were playing like the away side for large periods of the game and we were so close to scoring several others that you have be honest and say the draw was much better for you on the day.

The first can't be "stone wall" because there is even some confusion over what it was given for.

AW handball, stone wall and inexplicable why he did that.

42 minutes ago, TomF said:

We scored 3 and had two disallowed. I think on any other day we probably win the game comfortably but this is a) PNE and b) the ref was a homer 

I’ve seen the highlights and my oh my that was never a pen the first one!

Second pen, no idea what Williams was doing with his hands up like that

41 minutes ago, mozo said:

I completely agree that the pens were stonewall. 

However, you were playing like the away side for large periods of the game and we were so close to scoring several others that you have be honest and say the draw was much better for you on the day.

What exactly was the first "stonewall" penalty given for?

13 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-bristol-c/409452

Highlights here, perhaps the blinkered myopic PNE fans reading can explain WTF the 1st penalty is for and anyone who does not think that is a foul on Baker, must normally watch rugby. Shit highlights do not show Fam's disallowed goal.

That is seriously amazing to score like that and get away with it. Reminded me of a rugby line-out

11 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-bristol-c/409452

Highlights here, perhaps the blinkered myopic PNE fans reading can explain WTF the 1st penalty is for and anyone who does not think that is a foul on Baker, must normally watch rugby. Shit highlights do not show Fam's disallowed goal.

Their player chested the ball down, was about to strike the ball and was tackled from behind by Massengo, who didn’t get the ball. Marginally contentious because there were other players around and no guarantees he would have got his shot away, but you’re kidding yourself if you can’t see any reason why it might be given.

Couple of other observations; I think Bentley will be disappointed with the first pen, having dived over the ball.

And what on earth was Williams up to?!

But, a good point all in all I think.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Their player chested the ball down, was about to strike the ball and was tackled from behind by Massengo, who didn’t get the ball. Marginally contentious because there were other players around and no guarantees he would have got his shot away, but you’re kidding yourself if you can’t see any reason why it might be given.

Couple of other observations; I think Bentley will be disappointed with the first pen, having dived over the ball.

No view on the foul on Baker and  the soft disallowing of Fammy's THE TWO big decisions today. It was a 2-3 or a 3-4 if you're being consistent and he wasn't consistent. He was poor.

I watched on TV and though the officials were very poor in favour of PNE I think their major faults aren't the ones being widely discussed here.

Few mention Williams 'handball' in knocking the ball to TM for our opener. I didn't think their first was a pen but the second was but only after the ref gave a free kick the wrong way (which he seemed to do throughout.)

Haven't seen a replay of Wiemann's disallowed goal (looked tight in real time,) but given he was offside a fair few times that may well have influenced the officials. The Bloke From Knowle's was close but he did overstep with his right foot in the challenge and that's what the foul was given for. It's no foul for their 3rd, Baker poorly positioned and as a consequence didn't get off the ground.

That said a point away in those conditions is a decent result and I thought we created enough chances to have won it. Enjoyable for the neutral - far too open for those my age.....

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

not sure who's kidding who, but watched it many times and Massengo did not touch him

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I watched on TV and though the officials were very poor in favour of PNE I think their major faults aren't the ones being widely discussed here.

Few mention Williams 'handball' in knocking the ball to TM for our opener. I didn't think their first was a pen but the second was but only after the ref gave a free kick the wrong way (which he seemed to do throughout.)

Haven't seen a replay of Wiemann's disallowed goal (looked tight in real time,) but given he was offside a fair few times that may well have influenced the officials. The Bloke From Knowle's was close but he did overstep with his right foot in the challenge and that's what the foul was given for. It's no foul for their 3rd, Baker poorly positioned and as a consequence didn't get off the ground.

That said a point away in those conditions is a decent result and I thought we created enough chances to have won it. Enjoyable for the neutral - far too open for those my age.....

You're having a laugh. It's still a foul whatever Baker's position. It's blatant.

Anyway, if you allow that, how could any fair referee disallow Fammy's for marginal contact,  in the same game?

Shocking, referee.

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You're having a laugh. It's still a foul whatever Baker's position. It's blatant.

Looked to me and the officials as though Bauer runs and jumps to head the ball, doesn't use his hands to lever himself and that in the modern habit Baker fails to jump then looks to claim a foul when his opponent falls over him. Never a foul in my book.

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Looked to me and the officials as though Bauer runs and jumps to head the ball, doesn't use his hands to lever himself and that in the modern habit Baker fails to jump then looks to claim a foul when his opponent falls over him. Never a foul in my book.

Now i know you're joking.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

As a defender, in that situation, you just have to jump early so the player behind you doesn’t lever off you.  If Baker jumps early, Bauer doesn’t score and probably genuinely has to push him.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As a defender, in that situation, you just have to jump early so the player behind you doesn’t lever off you.  If Baker jumps early, Bauer doesn’t score and probably genuinely has to push him.

This is true, but none of this stops it being a blatant foul when a guy uses two hands on the shoulders, enabling him to get up so high. Foul.

Look, allow both (Fammy's too) or none. That's consistency / fair refereeing, and is all i ask for.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I really think VAR will help us. There's too many awful decisions in this league. I hope it comes in. I'm a fan of the right decision being made as it means too much.

The trouble with VAR is they seem too scared to override any refs decisions and only want to rule on offsides from what I have seen. There have been blatant fouls that are never given even after being reviewed. I thought it would make the game better in general but the way it is being used is farcical.

Ironically you opened us up a few times but all the goals were set pieces with shite keeping.

Not complaints from me for the goals. Horrendous keeping, Rudd has been a liability for a while now. Hans't been bad lately but looks to me like he dives on the second one to try and get something from the ref after the first one, which also wasn't a foul. He also has to save the third.

Archived