IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

The trouble with VAR is they seem too scared to override any refs decisions and only want to rule on offsides from what I have seen. There have been blatant fouls that are never given even after being reviewed. I thought it would make the game better in general but the way it is being used is farcical.

Well i haven't really seen much of VAR this season, but they maybe need to improve the use of it. And it shouldn't be hard to do. Obvious reason goal should not stand should be disallowed.

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

The trouble with VAR is they seem too scared to override any refs decisions and only want to rule on offsides from what I have seen. There have been blatant fouls that are never given even after being reviewed. I thought it would make the game better in general but the way it is being used is farcical.

Happy to use a laser to spend 5 mins to work out someone's big toenail was 1mm offside to disallow a brilliant goal.

VAR is a good concept being poorly implemented imho.

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Happy to use a laser to spend 5 mins to work out someone's big toenail was 1mm offside to disallow a brilliant goal.

VAR is a good concept being poorly implemented imho.

Haha for some reason this reminded me of the chant towards zach clough.

"Your ears are offside!, your ears are offsideeee! Zach clough, your ears are offside!"

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

The first can't be "stone wall" because there is even some confusion over what it was given for.

AW handball, stone wall and inexplicable why he did that.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

What exactly was the first "stonewall" penalty given for?

Okay... so when I watched it (TV) live it looked clear that Massengo had kicked the guy that went down. From the replay now it looks like he doesn't touch him. I'd need another angle to be sure.

So, not stonewall. Uncertain. 

Williams though... what the hell was he doing?!

I think Johnson will tell the lads that we had enough chances to seal the game but we lacked quality in the final third (except from set pieces, weirdly).

20 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Haha for some reason this reminded me of the chant towards zach clough.

"Your ears are offside!, your ears are offsideeee! Zach clough, your ears are offside!"

and for Phil Thompson (were he still playing) your nose is offside etc etc

and for Dion Dublin (were he still playing) your       ,  uh maybe not

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We could of scored 7 on your own patch mate,your fans think this is the best side you have had in years and with your good home record this season we tore you apart at times,good crowd for you tho wasn’t it 12 thousand 

Hard to disagree thought you where excellant today in all areas of the pitch , the best City side to visit Deepdale for many years IMO , no idea why you would mention the crowd , that’s about our crowd size ? no relevance at all 

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A Preston fan has just told me all three of our goals should have been disallowed for fouls...

Apparently the referee got us a point.

Funny how people see things differently

Just got back and watched the highlights.

There was pushing and shoving in most of the goals in truth. First penalty, I think Messengo just catches him? Really difficult to tell from the replay, but it’s a really unnatural way to fall if you have not been touched at all. I thought it at the time, but the main issue for me was the clearing header back in to the middle rather than pushing it wide. Difficult header in fairness.

Their third goal. He certainly climbs, but Baker gives him no choice. He stands his ground, does not jump and backs in a little. Probably a foul but not as shocking as the picture tells. One of those we all shout about in the middle of the park whatever way the decision goes and on another day we get away with it.

Having said all that, the one I am most salty about is the disallowed Fammy one for 4-3. Defender just beaten and slips. 

Feel like we have gone to Preston who are doing really well without half our team, the really big calls have gone against us, and still got a point. Feels like there are a dozen teams in this league at the moment with very little between them, and these moments become doubly important. 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A Preston fan has just told me all three of our goals should have been disallowed for fouls...

Apparently the referee got us a point.

Funny how people see things differently

Just been reading the matchday thread on their forum.

Some of their lot are honest enough about the decisions that went in their favour today, but most believe they didn't enough decisions their way.

First time in ages Fammy fairly out-muscles a defender, and to top it off, ne scores, but surprise, surprise - its disallowed.

Defender dived (and made a splash).

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

There was pushing and shoving in most of the goals in truth. First penalty, I think Messengo just catches him? Really difficult to tell from the replay, but it’s a really unnatural way to fall if you have not been touched at all. I thought it at the time, but the main issue for me was the clearing header back in to the middle rather than pushing it wide. Difficult header in fairness.

Their third goal. He certainly climbs, but Baker gives him no choice. He stands his ground, does not jump and backs in a little. Probably a foul but not as shocking as the picture tells. One of those we all shout about in the middle of the park whatever way the decision goes and on another day we get away with it.

Having said all that, the one I am most salty about is the disallowed Fammy one for 4-3. Defender just beaten and slips. 

Feel like we have gone to Preston who are doing really well without half our team, the really big calls have gone against us, and still got a point. Feels like there are a dozen teams in this league at the moment with very little between them, and these moments become doubly important. 

I'm on board with all of that. 

I think if we can maintain that attitude and intensity at Brentford we'll bag at least a point.

I’ll try and post as I always do without my rose tinted specs on ? I thought frankly we robbed a point today in what was a superb advert for the Championship and the best City performance v us I can remember in years , had to smile when I posted earlier in the week that our keeper Rudd has commanded his area well this season and we have looked a lot better from set pieces !!! , no complaints at all with either of the goals from you , good delivery , crap goalkeeping and well worked same for the third , your two disallowed goals , not seen the first one back but looked offside , the other was IMO a foul on your player who was simply stronger should have stood or if he had blown a pen ( we got away with one ) our pens I thought where both pens especially Williams ( superb for you IMO ) where warranted and for our decent spells we created little else and I was relieved and happy to have got a draw at FT , probably our worst performance of the season , we seemed first half especially lethargic but I prefer to think that was more down to your pressing play and movement the us so full credit , thought Bauer simply got up earlier for the equaliser although seem those disallowed , think our time wasting ( not a lot IMO ) showed where we stood in the game and whilst this is our strongest squad for years , bodes well for you with your injuries and you should be a genuine contender for the top six us maybe one / two key players short but we will finish higher than last seasons 14th and will surprise a few , that’s about as impartial as I can be , as a Preston fan happier with the predicted point than you perhaps based on the game but a point at Deepdale is not a bad one !!!! All the best Morts 

4 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Home to Leeds, bloke is offside until the ball comes off Moore, and then he is onside again. Today, Weimann may have been offside, the ball is pushed to him by the keeper, but he is still offside. Is that just?

It may not be just, but it is the correct interpretation of the law. The only time an opposing player does not play you onside now is a save by the keeper.

35 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Hard to disagree thought you where excellant today in all areas of the pitch , the best City side to visit Deepdale for many years IMO , no idea why you would mention the crowd , that’s about our crowd size ? no relevance at all 

That was a honest question,why so small,you have had a good start and are playing well

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

928EF526-B42A-4720-988C-3700BFA43609.jpeg

Where's the ball? Video shows Bauer goes over and on top of Baker post heading the ball,  point being whether he used Baker as a pivot to gain greater height. In this image Baker is already going down and the video footage shows that being the case Bauer's already headed the ball (Baker is pretty much upright when he makes contact else Baker should be criticised for poor defending if he's bending over to defend a cross.) Makes no difference what you or I think, the officials saw no foul and I think they called this one correctly (unlike quite a few they called wrong in Preston's favour.)

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That was a honest question,why so small,you have had a good start and are playing well

We’ve not had top flight football since 1961 , Man City , Man Utd , Liverpool , Everton , Blackburn , Burnley , Wigan , Blackpool all had top flight football ( Premier League ) since us all within 40 miles , apathetic Preston public ( unless it’s a Cup game v City ) as in Preston don’t ever win anything so why bother and we are not a big city , away support is excellant , home support average will only ever increase eg Burnley if we made the Prem and stayed !! Or dropped out and retained another 3000-5000

2 minutes ago, Mortis said:

We’ve not had top flight football since 1961 , Man City , Man Utd , Liverpool , Everton , Blackburn , Burnley , Wigan , Blackpool all had top flight football ( Premier League ) since us all within 40 miles , apathetic Preston public ( unless it’s a Cup game v City ) as in Preston don’t ever win anything so why bother and we are not a big city , away support is excellant , home support average will only ever increase eg Burnley if we made the Prem and stayed !! Or dropped out and retained another 3000-5000

Your lot sound a bit like the rovers down here then

58 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Fam pushed the defender its quite obvious. Def foul on Baker though

On the Quest highlights, the camera view from behind the goal of Fam’s disallowed “goal” showed a clear push by Fam. Stupid really. A better player would have just held off the defender in a legitimate way 

Watched the highlights on Quest .

IMO.

First goal for us. Unsure, COULD have been disallowed but would be considered soft if so.

Their first penalty. Again could've been given as indeed it was, seemed a bit soft- don't give the ref a decision to make!

Second penalty. Clearly one.

Bauer goal- stunned it was allowed.

Disallowed Diedhiou goal. If their 3rd is acceptable then this one absolutely is. Amazed that was disallowed given the Bauer on Baker.

3-2 or 4-3 would've been just.

14 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

And why was Nugent holding on to Bakers leg for so long? PNE in recent times have been such niggly bastards against us at least. Maybe something to do with the manager. Gives no credit to the oppo ever, unlike Lee who said they are good. I just can't take to the bloke.

What's amazing is how the hell the lino didn't see it as it was so prolonged and obvious?

Seen highlights on Quest think our first two goals are fine. 

Their 2 pens are pens. Both stupid by City. 

Their 3rd goal should have been ruled out for climbing. 

Fammy shoved their lad down so correct decision.

So overall I think only their 3rd goal was incorrect decision - and we’ve got benefit of watching incidents multiple times . Really tough job out there for refs. 

Archived