IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

The trouble with VAR is they seem too scared to override any refs decisions and only want to rule on offsides from what I have seen. There have been blatant fouls that are never given even after being reviewed. I thought it would make the game better in general but the way it is being used is farcical.

Yep. Based on how it's being used in the PL, none of the contentious decisions today would have been overturned.

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I know the game is all about options but this from their forum.......

A good point in terrible conditions and Bristol playing with 12 men”

WTF!

Was listening on the radio, could hear distinct chants of "2-0 to the Referee" at some stage and he seemed to be getting some flak.

We need a bit more of that at AG at times tbh, not always necessarily in line with the rights and wrongs.

24 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Seen highlights on Quest think our first two goals are fine. 

Their 2 pens are pens. Both stupid by City. 

Their 3rd goal should have been ruled out for climbing. 

Fammy shoved their lad down so correct decision.

So overall I think only their 3rd goal was incorrect decision - and we’ve got benefit of watching incidents multiple times . Really tough job out there for refs. 

Have to agree. Watched Quest waiting to be ******* annoyed at the incompetent Ref.

The only one he got wrong IMO was Preston's third. How people think Fammy's goal should have been allowed can only be down to one eyed watching.

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Have to agree. Watched Quest waiting to be ******* annoyed at the incompetent Ref.

The only one he got wrong IMO was Preston's third. How people think Fammy's goal should have been allowed can only be down to one eyed watching.

To be fair when I first saw it I thought he had just outmuscled him but the extra angle on Quest shows a clear shove. 

Like LJ said, the first pen is 50/50  but odd how they got it so easily after complaining about our two legit goals

I'll give you that Fam pushes the guy, but again how do you justify giving THEIR 3rd then? Answer...you can't

What did the bloke on Colin Murray say? He's good in the air, but not that good

In no way am I having that this ref was OK, he was crap.

37 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

What a ***** Alan Browne was after their 3rd, getting in Borownhill's face celebrating.

He plays for Preston and as long as that bloke is manager up there, things are unlikely to change much. Niggly. horrid lot and I really, really, really hope we put them to the sword sat AG this season. BIG TIME

I also wonder how much the ref made allowance for the conditions. My guess is not enough!

The water coming off the pitch for Diedhiou's disallowed goal was evident. I question whether the first penalty happens on a sunny,dry day.

Part of me also wonders whether the disallowed goal happens in the same way on a clear day, but certainly Massengo on Johnson- if you factor in the conditions then the first penalty especially becomes even worse IMO.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I also wonder how much the ref made allowance for the conditions. My guess is not enough!

The water coming off the pitch for Diedhiou's disallowed goal was evident. I question whether the first penalty happens on a sunny,dry day.

Part of me also wonders whether the disallowed goal happens in the same way on a clear day, but certainly Massengo on Johnson- if you factor in the conditions then the first penalty especially becomes even worse IMO.

I wouldn't trust this bloke to know which hole to stick his whistle in tbh...  God forbid we get this tosspot reffing a City game again this season.

I really don't know why any City fan tonight would blame Baker for that equalizer and not the referee. Even if the defender just stands his ground and doesn't jump. you cannot climb on his shoulders in that way, and press him down... It's a free kick EVERY TIME  :laugh: as LJ said 100% foul, and in the end it cost us 2 points

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So defenders have to jump in order to avoid being fouled? That logic is pretty bizarre. 

No...defenders have to jump to avoid letting the opponent win the header (fairly / unfairly).  It’s a bit weird I know, but getting up that little bit early makes it harder for the opponent to win the ball.  They’ll usually foul you too and not score.

Little Jay Dasilva is good at it.  Doesn’t necessarily win headers himself, but his opponent doesn’t either.  Never lose goals at his back post.  Nor did Ayling.

Look at Wright v Jutkewiecz at Brum.  Allows Jutkiewicz to get all over him.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No...defenders have to jump to avoid letting the opponent win the header (fairly / unfairly).  It’s a bit weird I know, but getting up that little bit early makes it harder for the opponent to win the ball.  They’ll usually foul you too and not score.

Little Jay Dasilva is good at it.  Doesn’t necessarily win headers himself, but his opponent doesn’t either.  Never lose goals at his back post.  Nor did Ayling.

Look at Wright v Jutkewiecz at Brum.  Allows Jutkiewicz to get all over him.

Dave, do you think that was a legit goal? Seriously

and in the same game where the "experts" are questioning Taylor Moore's antics in the box too ?

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Dave, do you think that was a legit goal? Seriously

No, it was a foul...100%.

All I’m suggesting is that if Baker gets up earlier, the ball probably doesn’t end up in the net, and Bauer’s foul might look EVEN MORE obvious.  Bauer basically got up earlier than Baker which stopped Baker jumping.

Baker will rightly feel hard done by.

I was taught this by one of the best CBs I played with...and he’d played at Wembley (and I’m not talking brassband).

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, it was a foul...100%.

All I’m suggesting is that if Baker gets up earlier, the ball probably doesn’t end up in the net, and Bauer’s foul might look EVEN MORE obvious.  Bauer basically got up earlier than Baker which stopped Baker jumping.

Baker will rightly feel hard done by.

'swat I like about you, you're so level headed.. me I'm hating that bastard ref tonight :laugh:

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

'swat I like about you, you're so level headed.. me I'm hating that bastard ref tonight :laugh:

Yes, he was awful.

He changed after the second goal.  The fans were irate over the push on their keeper (by D.Johnson), the ref didn’t see it, nor did the lino.  But the ref could only assume he’d missed something obvious, and from that point needed to even it up.  There were 3/4 decisions right after that, that were very questionable.

I really don’t understand a ref who behaves like he did.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As I said pre match 

A horrible side ,  and the worse I’ve seen at AG each season for last few seasons 

Plenty of cocks in that side

And what's their problem with BCFC, Bob? They seem to have it in for us for some reason . 12,000 something today too... That 's quite impressive :laugh:

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Just to throw a spanner... What if NB get up earlier and is STILL fouled but the guy scores..  looks less of a foul then

btw, who is this centre-half that played sat Wembley? let's go Louis?

You’re gonna have to Trust me (?), when he jumps early, Bauer either can’t get leverage legally and he doesn’t score, or he has to push Baker, rather than hands on shoulders.  It becomes an easier foul to spot....even though it wasn’t that hard was it.

No, not Louis.

An older guy I played alongside that had played for Almondsbury Greenway in FA Vase Final.  He was probably 40 and I was about 19.  He just used to talk me through the game....made it so easy for me.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’re gonna have to Trust me (?), when he jumps early, Bauer either can’t get leverage legally and he doesn’t score, or he has to push Baker, rather than hands on shoulders.  It becomes an easier foul to spot....even though it wasn’t that hard was it.

No, not Louis.

An older guy I played alongside that had played for Almondsbury Greenway in FA Vase Final.  He was probably 40 and I was about 19.  He just used to talk me through the game....made it so easy for me.

I get that Baker could have jumped, but a lot of the time lazy defending can get you a free kick too, if you make it obvious the bloke is climing and he was climbing 99 times out of 100. Shite ref as you have agreed

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

And what's their problem with BCFC, Bob? They seem to have it in for us for some reason . 12,000 something today too... That 's quite impressive :laugh:

In fairness I think the PNE supporters who post on here come across as generous and knowledgable fans. And if you compare the size of Preston with Bristol I'm not sure that 12,000 is such a poor turnout compared to us down the years.

That said they do always seem to have have some right ones in their playing squad!

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

In fairness I think the PNE supporters who post on here come across as generous and knowledgable fans. And if you compare the size of Preston with Bristol I'm not sure that 12,000 is such a poor turnout compared to us down the years.

That said they do always seem to have have some right ones in their playing squad!

the reality is that every club has good people who follow them. PNE as a whole, I reckon have a bit of a  we're northern, we're historic, little Bristol who? etc etc thing about them and it totally gets on my tits tbh.12,000 in the championship. Poor, piss poor

Just back. For me the turning point in the match was their first penalty. Anyone who has followed the game must know that the scoring of any goal in injury time in the first half will have a significant psychological impact on the course of the game. You'd surely have to be 100% certain to give such a penalty. He couldn't have been. To award such a soft penalty, and gift Preston a lifeline in first half injury time, was inexcusable. It was directly the result of home fans getting on the ref's back. Weak...good to see LJ calling to out.

Archived