IGNORED

LJ Post Match - injuries and international break

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

'Time his fitness for international break'?

I heard the Kalas bit, good to hear. The Nagy quote though, that unless I've misinterpreted doesn't sound too desirable given that playing for Hungary helped to exacerbate his current one!

Yep, but not a lot you can do if he is fit.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

On BBCRB:

Nagy - could be back Wednesday and probably gonna time his fitness in time for international break.  Suspended for first game, so likely to be fit for second.

Kalas - not going with Czech Republic as he knows it would be the wrong thing to do.

If those were his exact words, does it imply that LJ is not impressed with Nagy's priorities?

I think you’re all reading too much in to it, he could be fit for Brentford or Reading. I think Johnson was more frustrated that the timing of his return will coincide with the internationals. The player has to be assessed by a national doctor, that’s a FIFA rule.

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

I think you’re all reading too much in to it, he could be fit for Brentford or Reading. I think Johnson was more frustrated that the timing of his return will coincide with the internationals. The player has to be assessed by a national doctor, that’s a FIFA rule.

If he is fit enough is very much up to the player and his loyalties. A doctor can only guess from what he is told.

We need to take a small step back here. Club vs Country has been an issue for a good 20 years now, especially in the last 15. We have been to an extent fortunate enough that it hasn’t really effected us. So I do feel therefore, given that it’s a bit fresh for us there’s a slight tinge of overreaction. 

That said. It doesn’t stop it being frustrating and I don’t blame LJ being frustrated, we pay his wages and he’s going to Hungary when you have Kalas staying. Nagy isn’t doing anything wrong though and as others say, playing for your country is massive for a player. 

Annoying, but we gotta swallow it and hope it doesn’t go wrong...again.

From his interviews Nagy comes across as someone with integrity and 100% committed to the cause and if asked to do a job he'll do his utmost for the team.

When he's with City he's 100% committed to City.  When he's with Hungary he's 100% committed to Hungary.  And I don't think there's any contradiction in that.

I don't think anyone should judge Nagy, but you do wonder if the national manager is comprising his long-term fitness for the national cause.

Archived