IGNORED

LJ Post Match - injuries and international break

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Nagy is a key player for Hungary 

You seem to be taking this quite personally.

Not at all, I just think players should show the same commitment to both club and country. He clearly wasn't fit to play in the last international and would not have played for us had there been a league game instead.

3 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

When you sign foreign players there loyalty is with there homeland first and us second 

LJ knows that so if he makes such comments it's for a reason. If a national team doesn't take care of a player then the player has a decision to make. If he decides to shit on his bread and butter then  don't expect the provider of that bread and butter to be happy. 

You never know it could work in our favour for a change.

Bench for Brentford, run out against Reading and full game for Hungary. With no more set backs would then come back fit and ready to go.

His game seems to be about getting about the pitch so he needs to put in the hard yards somewhere.

Ok he needs to totally get over his injury, but if gets game time for us before the break then he's  going if he plays and comes back fit then we will see the player we all want to see.

21 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes,and if you sign an international and they get called up, then there is a risk of injury, but it goes with the territory unfortunately 

Of course there is but there is a difference if a player is injured before he joins his national team but plays and makes it worse.

By all accounts he had a poor game, which is hardly surprising if he wasn't fit. In that respect he did neither his country nor his club any favours.

58 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

From his interviews Nagy comes across as someone with integrity and 100% committed to the cause and if asked to do a job he'll do his utmost for the team.

When he's with City he's 100% committed to City.  When he's with Hungary he's 100% committed to Hungary.  And I don't think there's any contradiction in that.

I don't think anyone should judge Nagy, but you do wonder if the national manager is comprising his long-term fitness for the national cause.

This exactly. And he does ( the Hungarian manager). Besides club and country he can be a victim of this as well and it's not good for anyone. City has to learn how to handle international duty and Rossi has to learn to manage club expectations. A club manager will never be happy if his player gets injured on international duty. It will be harder for Ádám to get to the starting 11 but he will work for it. He never took anything for granted so nothng changed really. 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Should have a severe pay cut

We obviously don't know who we sign.

Man, You did. Well LJ did for sure as he said to his agents that "don't tell me anything about him, I know him better than his mum". This whole international nonsense is a nightmare TBH. For every single club with international players. As for Ádám he'd die for his country, that's for sure. And for his club for that matters....

Ok, I just listened to this interview. No beef at all, it just seems like LJ wants Nagy to Bristol City, BC only...He seems to can't wait to get him back, there are no hard feelings at all, only the weird concept of nationality. He seems to hate having these international games to start with and I can't blame him for it. I mean even for me it seems pointless to have Nagy just for playing a game (closed doors match due to our "racist behaviour") against Azerbaijdan in front of 6000 kids....I mean come on if we can't beat them without him we're doomed. 

2 hours ago, Henry said:

I think you’re all reading too much in to it, he could be fit for Brentford or Reading. I think Johnson was more frustrated that the timing of his return will coincide with the internationals. The player has to be assessed by a national doctor, that’s a FIFA rule.

Did you listen to it ?

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

Clearly. Johnson is isn’t a stranger to digging players in the press. I don’t think he is this time but who knows for sure

And for anyone who watched the Hungary game Nagy wasn’t even close to being fit

Theres one thing trying to make yourself available for your country but he was clearly way off and if Johnson is pissed off , including with the player , I don’t blame him 

You can hear it in every comment he’s made about it since 

Archived