IGNORED

Mistake letting Eisa go?

BCFC11

2 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes travelled up friday came back today did you?

Yep, and if you thought he was a camel off of that performance than I dread to think what you thought of O’Dowda. 

Watkins isn’t the technically best player we have but he was direct, ran at players, had some good touches and decent link up play yesterday. Out of the three subs he certainly wasn’t the worst 

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yep, and if you thought he was a camel off of that performance than I dread to think what you thought of O’Dowda. 

Watkins isn’t the technically best player we have but he was direct, ran at players, had some good touches and decent link up play yesterday. Out of the three subs he certainly wasn’t the worst 

They were all non efective subs and no need to change anything as we were left with no subs with half hour of the game left.

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

They were all non efective subs and no need to change anything as we were left with no subs with half hour of the game left.

I agree to an extent but both diedhiou and Watkins did have an effect on the game.

LJ should have waited another 15 minutes to bring them on though 

We were getting on top when he made the changes semenyo didnt do a lot but was linking up with weinmann .

And to be fair we scored our 3rd 5 minutes after the double sub. 

But I do agree the subs were made too early. 

However, belittling Watkins’ performance isn’t right imo. He put in a decent shift, gave us something different and caused them some problems.

We looked much better down the right with him than we did before I’d say

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And to be fair we scored our 3rd 5 minutes after the double sub. 

But I do agree the subs were made too early. 

However, belittling Watkins’ performance isn’t right imo. He put in a decent shift, gave us something different and caused them some problems.

We looked much better down the right with him than we did before I’d say

Hes the laughing stock of the club ive watched him play for the u23s if hes the answer il eat my hat explain to me what ellison has done wrong for watkins to get his place .

Hes the laughing stock of the club ive watched him play for the u23s if hes the answer il eat my hat explain to me what ellison has done wrong for watkins to get his place .

Yesterday was not the game for Eliasson (I presume that’s who you mean?) heavy rain against a physical side he’d have seen very little of the ball and been able to do little with it. 

Laughing stock of the club? I get you probably don’t think he’s great but that’s just unduly harsh imo

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yesterday was not the game for Eliasson (I presume that’s who you mean?) heavy rain against a physical side he’d have seen very little of the ball and been able to do little with it. 

Laughing stock of the club? I get you probably don’t think he’s great but that’s just unduly harsh imo

Getting a tombola il bet you couldnt pick his team for wednesday or be anywhere near it. Would also like to know why he keeps taking palmer off i dont think he looks that unfit.

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Here's a question then... If LJ could tell at Failand that Eisa wasn't good enough, why did he put him in the matchday squad numerous times and bring him on in those aforementioned 5 games? Surely that would be self-defeating?

Because during those weeks he impressed in training? From what I've heard tho he wasn't too consistent in training, he struggled to adapt to the training standards of a Championship player. 

Think of this, if your LJ and Eisa has arrived late for training, turned up unprepared, not put a shift in on the training ground, how do you justify giving him a place in the team over someone like Matty Taylor who has turned up on time, and prepared and put a shift in? 

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Watkins was our best attacking player against a very strong Leeds under 23s that were pretty much all senior players a few weeks back. Very impressive display.

He had a few good performances last season I thought. Got some attributes for sure and can score goals.

In a lower possession side, which we now are so far this season, it may suit Watkins more having more space to attack. 

'Hes the laughing stock of the club'

Some fans always need to find one player to laugh at. I don't know how some would have coped in our promotion season.

8 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Getting a tombola il bet you couldnt pick his team for wednesday or be anywhere near it. Would also like to know why he keeps taking palmer off i dont think he looks that unfit.

Palmer was ineffective when we moved to a midfield 4 on Saturday so it was the right call taking him off for a wide player

8 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

LJ explained post match that he felt that City needed ‘a bit more experience’  and why he made the changes.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ll give an example  one lower league player, John Akinde who was banging them in at Barnet but when he joined City simply wasn’t able to cope higher up. He goes back to Barnet and starts scoring again......now iirc he’s at Lincoln City but not scoring as freely.

Maybe Eisa is a similar example,

Bit late here, but we didn't buy Akinde from Barnet, he joined us from Ebbsfleet. He was a non-league punt that never quite worked out.

Did a magnificent job at Chernobyl mind :P

On 28/09/2019 at 20:40, Robbored said:

Eisa had ample opportunity when he was at AG to show that he had the ability to make the step up to Championship standard. Unfortunately he wasn’t quite good enough so he was let go. 

Agreed.

I'm not sure what's meant by "mistake". He'd still be in the U23s if we'd kept him, so we'd still be blissfully unaware.

2 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Where was the experience in his subs would have thought palmer was that he brought on fammy for semeyo ok but watkins or odowda no influence or experience 

Rob - I’m only pointing out what LJ said post match.........Fam was the most experienced Championship player on the bench and why, I assume that he came on to replace Semenyo.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Rob - I’m only pointing out what LJ said post match.........Fam was the most experienced Championship player on the bench and why, I assume that he came on to replace Semenyo.

Yes fair comment that one made sense Al. but tinkering around to give blokes games is not in the best interests of the team would have thought after the last couple of seasons he would have learnt.

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

We're perfectly entitled to point out that, increasingly, this looks a bigger and bigger mistake.

He wouldn't even get on our bench now so it really wasn't a mistake. Johnson didnt rate him at all.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He wouldn't even get on our bench now so it really wasn't a mistake. Johnson didnt rate him at all.

But given our current striker issues, it is reasonable to ask the question. We have recent experience of a striker who was good at League 1 level but not couldn’t cope with the jump up in quality at Championship level (Agard), but given that Semenyo looks out of his depth, and unlikely to score any time soon, while Eisa is scoring freely for Peterborough, you do wonder if Mo might be getting game time right now if he were still with us. I am sure the thought will have crossed LJ’s mind too, although he can’t allow himself too many regrets, mistake or not.

I liked Eisa, and was very hopeful he would make it, and he still might. Unlucky with injuries but lets not forget, he's scoring in the same League that Matty Taylor was ripping up before he came here. 
I think we did well to get our money back, and now the ones coming in are youngsters who can be moulded and nurtured. Janneh will be back and fully fit come January , I wouldn't be surprised if Semenyo goes on loan and he becomes the home grown one on the bench.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I liked Eisa, and was very hopeful he would make it, and he still might. Unlucky with injuries but lets not forget, he's scoring in the same League that Matty Taylor was ripping up before he came here. 
I think we did well to get our money back, and now the ones coming in are youngsters who can be moulded and nurtured. Janneh will be back and fully fit come January , I wouldn't be surprised if Semenyo goes on loan and he becomes the home grown one on the bench.

Posters overlook just how much of a gap in quality there is between L1, L2 and the Championship. Akinde, Taylor and Eisa were all bandaging them in lower down but couldn’t reach the required level to do the same higher up.

Bottom line is that none of them could make the step up in standard.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Posters overlook just how much of a gap in quality there is between L1, L2 and the Championship. Akinde, Taylor and Eisa were all bandaging them in lower down but couldn’t reach the required level to do the same higher up.

Bottom line is that none of them could make the step up in standard.

There are many players who have had great reputations in L1 & 2 who never managed the step up, there will be many more.

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Eisa was never given a chance how many championship games did he start ? 

Not just games it seems, it's what they show in training etc. Jack Marriot at Derby, I think he's only made 5 starts and the team is struggling and crying out for goals.  I did feel sorry for him, decent preseason and looked set to play a part until he was injured. 
He hadn't broken into the first team , for whatever reason, so it was a sensible move getting the money back.

Archived