IGNORED

Mistake letting Eisa go?

BCFC11

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I take it you haven't watched us much recently?

I am replying to his comment that we are a side that create chances. And I know what he means, as generally we have under LJ.

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Cannot believe that this old chestnut is still going......why can't people accept the opinion of coaches who saw him in training for over 40 weeks, he scored for Peterboro against Blackpool and will continie to score goals at a level that is below ours.......he gets more space and time in the lower leagues, good luck to him, but people who know a lot more about football than forum posters decided that he wasn't up to standard..........just move on.

Posh manager said eisa is the most natural goalscorer he had ever seen.

Knows more than us forum posters too.

Woodrow had more space and time in league one, look at him in the championship now.

why should we accept the opinions of coaches?they make mistakes just the same as us mere  "forum posters"

Look at diony who thought he could cut it in the championship?

3 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Posh manager said eisa is the most natural goalscorer he had ever seen.

Knows more than us forum posters too.

Woodrow had more space and time in league one, look at him in the championship now.

why should we accept the opinions of coaches?they make mistakes just the same as us mere  "forum posters"

Go and read #169.......maxjax sums up many of our views on the subject of Eisa.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ said pre match that Watkins has been ‘working hard and impressing’ in training. He also said that MW never complains about not getting starts and simply ‘gets his head down’ and thought he deserved an opportunity.

Unfortunately he didn’t do enough last night.

Wheres he been for two years Al il tell you a thing i heard when i see you next.

Eisa scored more goals in League 2 than Semenyo, and is now scoring at a more than decent rate in League 1. Who’s to say that he couldn’t do similarly at a higher level. He certainly wouldn’t be alone as a late bloomer who just had a nose for goal (Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy).

I think what seems particularly galling right now is that we have a low chance conversion rate, and we are short on strikers. We play a “home grown” player who hasn’t scored for us yet, and brought in a striker from Spain who hasn’t played for many months, and even then had a pretty poor goal scoring record. We have got more out of Weimann than his previous clubs in terms of goals, plus Fam has a knack of getting a few scruffy goals, but without Adobe, at best we look pretty average up front. Hence the question of did we bail out on Eisa too soon? Possibly, and given his scoring record, I am pretty sure that someone else will take a punt on him and we see him back in the Championship next season. Just hope we have a decent sell-on clause...

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Eisa scored more goals in League 2 than Semenyo, and is now scoring at a more than decent rate in League 1. Who’s to say that he couldn’t do similarly at a higher level. He certainly wouldn’t be alone as a late bloomer who just had a nose for goal (Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy).

I think what seems particularly galling right now is that we have a low chance conversion rate, and we are short on strikers. We play a “home grown” player who hasn’t scored for us yet, and brought in a striker from Spain who hasn’t played for many months, and even then had a pretty poor goal scoring record. We have got more out of Weimann than his previous clubs in terms of goals, plus Fam has a knack of getting a few scruffy goals, but without Adobe, at best we look pretty average up front. Hence the question of did we bail out on Eisa too soon? Possibly, and given his scoring record, I am pretty sure that someone else will take a punt on him and we see him back in the Championship next season. Just hope we have a decent sell-on clause...

Afobe.

On 02/11/2019 at 07:24, 1960maaan said:

I liked Eisa, and was very hopeful he would make it, and he still might. Unlucky with injuries but lets not forget, he's scoring in the same League that Matty Taylor was ripping up before he came here. 
I think we did well to get our money back, and now the ones coming in are youngsters who can be moulded and nurtured. Janneh will be back and fully fit come January , I wouldn't be surprised if Semenyo goes on loan and he becomes the home grown one on the bench.

Home grown on the bench is interesting.

My concern though it is possibility a necessity, is that even though his loan expires then, to recall and give him patchy game time? If it's going well, perhaps extend it until May or alternatively find him a next level up half-season loan!

A full three levels up too, this combination could stall his development...much like IMO Semenyo recall possibly did last season.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Home grown on the bench is interesting.

My concern though it is possibility a necessity, is that even though his loan expires then, to recall and give him patchy game time? If it's going well, perhaps extend it until May or alternatively find him a next level up half-season loan!

A full three levels up too, this combination could stall his development...much like IMO Semenyo recall possibly did last season.

I did think it was optimistic to think he would go straight into the first team, but I did read that he would have got some games had he not been injured. When it was stated he was fit, it did say the loan was to get him fit and because of the level he could go to Torquay without having to wait for the Window to open, and coming back match fit. My Thinking was as Semenyo hasn't really shown enough to warrant a run, maybe they would use the Jan Window to give him regular games (hopefully at League 1 level ) to aid his progression, while getting Janneh around the first team and give him a chance, while filling the home grown spot.  I'd like to think we will sign someone in Jan (early please LJ) and it would just be bit parts for Jennah, but a good few months with the first team. LJ has had Academy players around and travelling with the first team before, Vyner and Morrell were I believe.

Currently Seymenyo is clearly not the answer, he has a long way to go.

As for Eisa, the step up to this league is huge and you have to trust the club that it was the right call to sell him.

The problem is we banked on Benik and he got injured, not enough cover results in where we are.

We are 6th. - fantastic given what we have been through, but we need to buy / loan in January 

On 02/11/2019 at 12:19, JonDolman said:

Rodri seems to be better on the ball and looks fairly strong for his size. Spanish 2nd tier is stronger than league one and Rodri played most games in a team that gained promotion from there.

Eisa being lightweight and not a good touch means he offers nothing for how LJ wants his strikers to play.

Semenyo probably offers more in his general game too than Eisa. At least Semenyo is strong and has decent touch. So far Semenyo has not done it when we have been sitting back, but Eisa wouldn't offer anything if he can't hold it up and doesn't press very well.

There's more to it than 'being strong....

Goals change games.

10 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Currently Seymenyo is clearly not the answer, he has a long way to go.

As for Eisa, the step up to this league is huge and you have to trust the club that it was the right call to sell him.

The problem is we banked on Benik and he got injured, not enough cover results in where we are.

We are 6th. - fantastic given what we have been through, but we need to buy / loan in January 

No hard and fast rules, no done deals on that front.

It is huge, but then Sheffield United were in and around the top for a good chunk of 2017/18 before injuries and deoth took a toll- went better in spectacular style last year.

Millwall are very hard to watch but lower midtable and 2017/18- playoff charge.

Luton are out of the bottom 3...Charlton are considerably better- Barnsley are considerably worse!

Blackburn last season started well and eventually held firm in and around midtable.

Not possible to say IMO unless they get a proper crack.

7 hours ago, Rob k said:

I never understood why we sold him rather than loaning him out to a L1 club first. He’s clearly a striker who knows how to find the back of the net 

I think the club could put this whole debate to bed by giving a hint as to why.

Archived