IGNORED

Most bizarre red cards you have ever seen...

cityexile

47 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Beat this...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yeovil-town-v-bromley-referee-3372254

Just catching up on the footie news after my return from Preston, and had to go, wait, what?

1992-93 season, home to Southend; "Referee Vic Callow also ordered off an 11 year old ball boy after an incident with a Southend player. The lad was led away in tears by a policeman! "

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

1992-93 season, home to Southend; "Referee Vic Callow also ordered off an 11 year old ball boy after an incident with a Southend player. The lad was led away in tears by a policeman! "

I seem to remember the referee threatening to give David James a yellow card for time wasting and he turned round and blamed it on the ball boy in front of the old Eastend. As soon as the referee ran off, James turned around and gave the ball boy the thumbs up.

But going back to bizarre decisions, surely the most bizarre was the referee failing to send off  Famara after he spat in the face of a Birmingham player? :whistle:

I once got sent off for a foul throw and for spelling my name. 

Ref said my foot was on the line. I said that as long as part of my foot is on the line and not fully over it, it’s legal. 

He went to book me for dissent. Asked my surname and I spelt it, very slowly. 

He sent me off for sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And sold Dave Cotterill for a million quid on the back of his performance live on TV that night.

God knows why Sky picked Northampton v City for a TV game but I`m glad they did!

£2m even. Good work off back of one good game ?

I got booked for clapping the ref in what he deemed a sarcastic manner.

Best one was our goalie.  He took out the centre-forward, and as the ref reached for his card he said “c’mon ref that bollocks”.  The ref showed him the yellow and said “that’s for the foul’, and then showed him the red and said “that’s for the bollocks”.  Most of us wet ourselves laughing.

Archived