IGNORED

Their third goal

Charlie BCFC

The player held down Baker's shoulders and forced him to the ground, the goal should've been disallowed.

But I also feel Taylor Moore fouled their keeper for our first goal, so I guess it's all fair in the end.

Draw was a fair result, and what a cracking game for those who travelled.

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The player held down Baker's shoulders and forced him to the ground, the goal should've been disallowed.

But I also feel Taylor Moore fouled their keeper for our first goal, so I guess it's all fair in the end.

It was Daniel Johnson that pushed their keeper over. 

Even listening to the radio the description of the Preston goal sounded like a foul, it was really clear in the highlights.

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I thought their own player knocked over their keeper 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It was Daniel Johnson that pushed their keeper over. 

Even listening to the radio the description of the Preston goal sounded like a foul, it was really clear in the highlights.

Yeah, but that happened for our 2nd goal though. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I thought their own player knocked over their keeper 

For Weimann’s...

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Dunno.

1st goal- maybe maybe not.

If you disallow that though then giving Preston the penalty on HT shouldn't happen either.

Their 3rd goal definitely should've been ruled our.

If not though, disallowing Diedhiou's in that context is crap.

Dunno how fair a draw was- we created a fair few more chances and of course the officials, well we didn't get an even set of big calls from.

Very entertaining game though. Ultimately a good point, but felt a big chance to finally win there!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno.

1st goal- maybe maybe not.

If you disallow that though then giving Preston the penalty on HT shouldn't happen either.

Their 3rd goal definitely should've been ruled our.

If not though, disallowing Diedhiou's in that context is crap.

Dunno how fair a draw was- we created a fair few more chances and of course the officials, well we didn't get an even set of big calls from.

Very entertaining game though. Ultimately a good point, but felt a big chance to finally win there!

I would say a draw wasn’t a fair result as we were much the better side 

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann's "goal" was disallowed for offside? When we played Boro at home they passed forward to a player in an offside position but he was deemed not offside because the ball was diverted by Taylor Moore, the Boro player then went on to score. Yesterday when Semenyo shot Weimann was in an offside position but he received the ball from the Preston keeper when he made the save, however the goal was disallowed. I can't see the difference between those two incidents yet the decisions were given different ways.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not in terms of the ball, but all other areas yes!

Temporary due to injuries do you think- or more of a permanent shift?

This season I’ve decided to watch very little Premier League football and substitute that with more Championship games.  I would say that especially when we have a fully fit squad we are a top six side from everything I’ve seen so far.  

I struggle to name more than five teams better than us put it that way and wouldn’t have Preston in that despite their start to the season 

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Can anyone explain to me why Weimann's "goal" was disallowed for offside? When we played Boro at home they passed forward to a player in an offside position but he was deemed not offside because the ball was diverted by Taylor Moore, the Boro player then went on to score. Yesterday when Semenyo shot Weimann was in an offside position but he received the ball from the Preston keeper when he made the save, however the goal was disallowed. I can't see the difference between those two incidents yet the decisions were given different ways.

Not sure on the difference but I believe the correct decision is what was made yesterday ie it is offside 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

This season I’ve decided to watch very little Premier League football and substitute that with more Championship games.  I would say that especially when we have a fully fit squad we are a top six side from everything I’ve seen so far.  

I struggle to name more than five teams better than us put it that way and wouldn’t have Preston in that despite their start to the season 

Not sure on the difference but I believe the correct decision is what was made yesterday ie it is offside 

After the Boro game LJ said the ref had interpreted the new offside rule correctly although it meant we lost a goal, that would make yesterday's ruling incorrect?

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I agree, feels like a top 6 place should be within reach.

Regardless, the relative lack of possession in games is a new development- when we get a midfield 3 (hopefully!) of Brownhill, Nagy and Massengo that'll change, the control will increase etc.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

After the Boro game LJ said the ref had interpreted the new offside rule correctly although it meant we lost a goal, that would make yesterday's ruling incorrect?

The ball en route  (forward) to Assombalonga was played by TM (Don’t agree with this rule but there we are)

When Semenyo shoots Weimann is offside and the ball comes back to him from the keeper 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Regardless, the relative lack of possession in games is a new development- when we get a midfield 3 (hopefully!) of Brownhill, Nagy and Massengo that'll change, the control will increase etc.

Oh I get what you mean now! I think possession is becoming less and less relevant now in football. Managers don’t seem that bothered by it. One team in league two, forget which, won by 3 goals yesterday I think with 30% possession.

We had much less possession yesterday and against derby but controlled the game. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The ball en route  (forward) to Assombalonga was played by TM (Don’t agree with this rule but there we are)

When Semenyo shoots Weimann is offside and the ball comes back to him from the keeper 

Thanks. I remember it now. 

Certainly not identical incidents and both decisions correct for me 

Def a foul for their third. Think both pens you have seen given but still feel the first is harsh. Maybe our first is disallowed on another day. So guess a point is fair. 

What I want to ask about Fam’s goal is, if it was the other way around and the defender pushed Fam similarly and he went down that theatrically, would we have gotten the penalty? I don’t think so. Fam did give a slight push but I don’t think enough to push over a 15 stone 6’4 bloke onto his back. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So the offside rule is different depending on which direction the ball's travelling?

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mentioned it before but at one point last season LJ highlighted that we’d won only one game in a unbeaten run where we had more possession than the opposition and I think he had recognised that possession is not the be all and end all 

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

One of the joys of Championship football, occasional questionable decisions, and some inconsistency. Look on the bright side, way better than the sterile World of VAR

I like VAR they just use it far too much and they take away goals more than they give. Also they don’t correct clear and obvious if the ref has seen it. Which is baffling because it is why VAR is there. 

Needs a challenge per game per team imo. Might just get used for using it sake if a goal is scored but we will know that is it then. 

Archived