IGNORED

Nagy injury (Merged)

FrozenRobin

Got to ask a serious but controversial question.......do we look to cut our losses on Nagy and get a replacement in January? He’s not giving two shits about the club that is paying his wages. Coming across as a selfish little bellend to the detriment of Bristol City FC.

I’ll put my tin hat on!!!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Got to ask a serious but controversial question.......do we look to cut our losses on Nagy and get a replacement in January? He’s not giving two shits about the club that is paying his wages. Coming across as a selfish little bellend to the detriment of Bristol City FC.

We can't stop him being called up for international duty when its competitive games, when he's there the Hungary coaches are probably putting him through fitness tests which (probably) in our opinion he shouldn't be doing. Got to look at it another way, if he went there and refused to do what was asked by national coaches would he view it as risking his place for the next squad (when he could be fit) if they don't think he's committed for them.... Tricky situation

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

We can't stop him being called up for international duty when its competitive games, when he's there the Hungary coaches are probably putting him through fitness tests which (probably) in our opinion he shouldn't be doing. Got to look at it another way, if he went there and refused to do what was asked by national coaches would he view it as risking his place for the next squad (when he could be fit) if they don't think he's committed for them.... Tricky situation

Kalas took a different course of action and will be playing in the next couple of weeks. He faces the same selection issues as Nagy but put his long term health and fitness before country. I think it’s pretty clear what Johnson thinks on the subject.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Kalas took a different course of action and will be playing in the next couple of weeks. He faces the same selection issues as Nagy but put his long term health and fitness before country. I think it’s pretty clear what Johnson thinks on the subject.

Beleive me he's the most frustrated in this matter. This time he was only training just like he did the week before international break with BCFC. That Slovakia game is the main culprit here: he maybe should've told Rossi that he can't / won't play but make no mistake: not a single player says this not to his club and especially not his country. What I would really like to know is what kind of ankle injury it is? 

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:06, redsquirrel said:

this was what we were discussing the other night, I agree its fine and good to play for your country but not when you are in recovery from injury or not 100% fit.

hes already cost city a packet in wages and not earned them on the pitch,why risk paying him for more.all well and good for hungary isn't it. they can risk it,if he gets broke,send him back to parent club to get mended then break him again. all free of charge.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

ive quoted myself first as we share the same opinion, im liking your idea of replacing him too, Kalas did the right thing, if he can say 'sorry,im not fit'  why couldn't Nagy?

The fan base is entitled to be a bit p****d with Nagy over this and perhaps rightly point the finger at him for playing in that game. I think the club should do a bit PR work with him re this to get him back in the good books.  He simply should have said no. So at least another 10 days. Perhaps he might be playing again middle November then  

33 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

The fan base is entitled to be a bit p****d with Nagy over this and perhaps rightly point the finger at him for playing in that game. I think the club should do a bit PR work with him re this to get him back in the good books.  He simply should have said no. So at least another 10 days. Perhaps he might be playing again middle November then  

What, the next inter break ? :grr:

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It is annoying but we have Massengo. Nagy needs to come back 100% fit to displace the shaggy headed wonder boy . 

The club will be doing everything possible to get the Hungarian up and running. 

Perhaps this injury will leave him fresher at the business end of the season.

this is very true and we might not have seen how well he can cope if the other one was playing

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really? He doesn't seem that type at all. It's perfectly possible he's just been badly advised over the injury. 

And let's not forget he got injured playing for us. 

Yes, he may have exacerbated it by playing for Hungary when he was only 75% fit but in his short time here he has already said he loves playing for his country and who wouldn't? Its not as if we didn't know he was an international when we signed him.

Besides, when he's fit he is an excellent player and will make us stronger without doubt.

Not a pop at you KITR btw, as I agree with you and wanted to continue your positive thoughts on him.

Let's not do our normal. Build him up knock him down. It's apparent we need him, crying out for his nous and vision.

If come the end of the season he's played 8 or 9 games then **** it's so disappointing when we thought we had a new star.

But let's give him the benefit, he must be as disappointed as us fans, comes across as genuine.

Hopefully we can get him up and running,and we can keep on the coat tails of the leaders.  As long as were in the shout come January this will show our intent, will  we go for it?

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really? He doesn't seem that type at all. It's perfectly possible he's just been badly advised over the injury. 

Genuine question ...how do we now 'he's not that type ' ...other than interviews we don't know anything . 

Apologies if there is a genuine reason u know more than me (quite likely!!)

Is super frustrating situation with Nagy regardless of whose fault it is . 

20 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Well, any bona fide third-party medical would've shown that he wasn't fit

You'd have thought. My guess is that it was agreed he'd go to still be part of the squad and do some light training. When he got there their medical team or coach thought he'd be alright to do more intense stuff and he's broke down again. 

On 19/10/2019 at 20:56, Hare Island said:

Big question mark over his commitment and attitude since he was at Bologna. I want him to succeed but very worrying times.

First i've heard of it. Everything i've heard about him has been the exact opposite.

Really hope he can come back and play alongside Massengo and move Brownhill to a more advanced role.

Not many other options. Rowe is a central midfielder. Taylor Moore has played there before. Might do a good sitting job like Webster did last season. 

I would probably stick with Massengo and Brownhill for now though. I don't really agree with people saying Massengo needs a rest. He looks naturally so fit and has been superb for us so far imo.

On 19/10/2019 at 22:27, stephenkibby. said:

Let's not do our normal. Build him up knock him down. It's apparent we need him, crying out for his nous and vision.

If come the end of the season he's played 8 or 9 games then **** it's so disappointing when we thought we had a new star.

But let's give him the benefit, he must be as disappointed as us fans, comes across as genuine.

Hopefully we can get him up and running,and we can keep on the coat tails of the leaders.  As long as were in the shout come January this will show our intent, will  we go for it?

More than not on here , we just knock them down don’t bother wasting time with the building up part.

Archived