IGNORED

Weimann's offside goal

Roe

Anyone explain this one? 

From seeing the replays it looks like he may well have been slightly off, however the ball wasn't directly passed to him and using the logic that allowed Middlesbrough to score after Taylor Moore had headed the ball, once the keeper touches isn't it a new phase of play?

Side note: how many goals is that now that Weimann's had ruled out?  Must be close to as many as he's actually scored, if not more.

1 minute ago, Roe said:

Anyone explain this one? 

From seeing the replays it looks like he may well have been slightly off, however the ball wasn't directly passed to him and using the logic that allowed Middlesbrough to score after Taylor Moore had headed the ball, once the keeper touches isn't it a new phase of play?

ref had a crap game

Every descision made in the game is questionable

4 hours ago, Roe said:

Anyone explain this one? 

Side note: how many goals is that now that Weimann's had ruled out?  Must be close to as many as he's actually scored, if not more.

Just shows you that the offside law, as it stands is a total ass. Weimann can't be gaining any more of an advantage than Assombalonga did. Their keeper parried it, so tough. As you say, a new phase.

Needs sorting out.

4 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

VAR disallowed a similar type goal in the Leicester - Spurs game a couple of weeks ago! 

I asked a referee in the pub I drink if he could explain the difference between that the Borough goal against us, he couldn’t, so I’m still none the wiser. 

Any qualified refs on here who can? 

It’s been explained on another thread quite clearly. I don’t agree with the rule itself but it’s not tricky to understand 

That qualified ref must be a bit simple 

19 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

VAR disallowed a similar type goal in the Leicester - Spurs game a couple of weeks ago! 

I asked a referee in the pub I drink if he could explain the difference between that the Borough goal against us, he couldn’t, so I’m still none the wiser. 

Any qualified refs on here who can? 

Law 11 seems fairly clear to me.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Not a chance he could, mate. He's 69 now, nowhere near fit enough to keep up with play (and blow a whistle. Think he would've disallowed their third, mind)

I think it was Lionel Ritchie who said that him and Stevie were out one day after Stevie had had some eye surgery.  They had to drive somewhere and Stevie got in the driver’s seat.  Lionel’s going “what the eff’, Stevie replying “it’s fine, doc says it’s ok”.  This goes on for a few minutes, Stevie turns to ignition on, puts it into gear, Lionel now getting worried because he doesn’t want to offend his friend.  Then Stevie laughs at him, and say "I had you going there didn’t I”. ???

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it was Lionel Ritchie who said that him and Stevie were out one day after Stevie had had some eye surgery.  They had to drive somewhere and Stevie got in the driver’s seat.  Lionel’s going “what the eff’, Stevie replying “it’s fine, doc says it’s ok”.  This goes on for a few minutes, Stevie turns to ignition on, puts it into gear, Lionel now getting worried because he doesn’t want to offend his friend.  Then Stevie laughs at him, and say "I had you going there didn’t I”. ???

That's weird what with Lionel  being a bit Superstitious- I bet Stevie laughed All Night long

11 hours ago, Roe said:

Anyone explain this one? 

Think Weimann had 4 last season and this his first of this. Possible I've missed some but 5 is a bare minimum...think 2 were right, 3 were wrong- or vice versa!

Archived