IGNORED

Help needed

FrozenRobin

5 minutes ago, Meh said:

Agreed but is in The Oxford English Dictionary apparently which I guess makes it an adopted word in English ??

Hotels I stay in have a disinterested porter !!

There's lots of words in it many of which you can't use on here or in polite society and also in court..

52 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

As long as you promise not to come on here saying "how dare you?  How daaaaare you bugger up my planet? ,I don't care how old you are.

I'm all for protecting the environment (honestly, I am) - even got one of they Sodastream things to cut down on plastic waste, rather than binning half a dozen fizzy water bottles a week, but despite my few adjustments I read something a few weeks ago that made me think...

Apparently one of the biggest 'new' polluters these days, is data storage houses, you know how servers/data stacks need to be kept at a constant temperature, so they use air-con, and fridges to keep everything within a range?

Turns out, the kids Instagramming and tweeting their protests is just adding to the problem.

Haven't decided yet, if I am going to buy a diesel car or just unleash 15 cans of Lynx deodorant in the back garden as a one man protest against hypocrisy....

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm all for protecting the environment (honestly, I am) - even got one of they Sodastream things to cut down on plastic waste, rather than binning half a dozen fizzy water bottles a week, but despite my few adjustments I read something a few weeks ago that made me think...

Apparently one of the biggest 'new' polluters these days, is data storage houses, you know how servers/data stacks need to be kept at a constant temperature, so they use air-con, and fridges to keep everything within a range?

Turns out, the kids Instagramming and tweeting their protests is just adding to the problem.

Haven't decided yet, if I am going to buy a diesel car or just unleash 15 cans of Lynx deodorant I'm the back garden as a one man protest against hypocrisy....

Please don't do that, used it for years but after they removed the cfc's I had a very bad reaction to what ever they used instead but still alive so not that bad.

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Please don't do that, used it for years but after they removed the cfc's I had a very bad reaction to what ever they used instead but still alive so not that bad.

Know what you mean. CFC's in deodorant is a bit like MSG in your Chinese takeaway.

Get rid of those and the whole thing is one disappointing mess.

The food became shite, and I became far less (nasally) attractive*.

*other factors may have been in play. Like age, money, looks, weight etc.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Know what you mean. CFC's in deodorant is a bit like MSG in your Chinese takeaway.

Get rid of those and the whole thing is one disappointing mess.

The food became shite, and I became far less (nasally) attractive*.

*other factors may have been in play. Like age, money, looks, weight etc.

age = yes

money = no wife spent it

weight = yes lots

good looks = supposed to look my best in 2099*

*oh bugger

Archived