IGNORED

Ollie Watkins

formerly known as ivan

Would love to think we would go all out for this lad in January if we are still in the mix for promotion. A player of his quality really could be the difference between making it to the promised land or not.

Just scores again, 5th of the season in what seems a poor Brentford team.

And as I posted this he just hit the post and then crossbar in the space of a couple of seconds!

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Would love to think we would go all out for this lad in January if we are still in the mix for promotion. A player of his quality really could be the difference between making it to the promised land or not.

Just scores again, 5th of the season in what seems a poor Brentford team.

Just thought the same watching this. Looks like he would fit the bill to replace Afobe, likes to play off the shoulder, good pace. Would link well with players like Kasey. 

You're looking at £15m minimum though. Depends how close we are on Jan 1st I guess. 

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Woodrow's been very good as well in terrible conditions. Funny how it just clicks at some stage in a career at a particular club.

I thought he showed things here enough to take a risk on a 2 year or so contract as a different option - might prove to be one that got away.

2 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

Palace were in for him in Summer and would have taken him had Saha gone

1 minute ago, redcherryberry said:

Yeah very similar. 

What has happened to Ali? Injuries? Don’t really follow the Prem. 

Ollie has just notched again btw....

From the outside looking in....attitude....looks to me like he got ahead of himself.  Became lazy on the pitch defensively and working for space.

8 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Woodrow's been very good as well in terrible conditions. Funny how it just clicks at some stage in a career at a particular club.

As you say, different players for different clubs as we've found with Afobe and William's.

Always amazes me why "top" teams like Manure can't build another team from their huge stable of young players? It's alright thinking they must spend ridiculous amounts on a player who more often than not brings a huge ego with them. £100 million guarantees nothing if the player doesn't get. Take for instance Sanchez?

7 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Yeah very similar. 

What has happened to Ali? Injuries? Don’t really follow the Prem. 

Ollie has just notched again btw....

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the outside looking in....attitude....looks to me like he got ahead of himself.  Became lazy on the pitch defensively and working for space.

Mind you how good was Kane yesterday

Magnificent , his involvement and finish in that winner superb

Now there’s a top top pro

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Aaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh, you know I don’t rate his overall game....but boy can he finish.

Did you see him yesterday Dave - his running , movement and all round game magnificent and drove Spurs on with 10 men

How about the fantastic little header from an upfield clearance to initiate the winner !

On another note - De Bruyne- Wow -   Is he a better crosser of the ball than the reigning No 1 , Beckham ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Did you see him yesterday Dave - his running , movement and all round game magnificent and drove Spurs on with 10 men

How about the fantastic little header from an upfield clearance to initiate the winner !

On another note - De Bruyne- Wow -   Is he a better crosser of the ball than the reigning No 1 , Beckham ?

No, only The goals.  In fairness, my evaluation of Kane is mainly related to how he plays for England.  He plays differently at club-level, and I do think he’s a star in Spurs set up.  England he’s one-dimensional.

27 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

I was led to believe Exeter wanted £3m from us but accepted £1.8m from Brentford. Relations between the clubs were not good it seems.

Though you can imagine the furore on here at that time if we had paid £3m for a lower league player.

Archived