IGNORED

Ollie Watkins

formerly known as ivan

Anyone remember Kelly completely out sprinting Watkins at the Gate last season? Watkins had a head start too and Kelly beat him to the ball with ease. I think most were shocked by Kelly's pace.

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Woodrow's been very good as well in terrible conditions. Funny how it just clicks at some stage in a career at a particular club.

Absolutely - I thought he played well today. Rubbish research by Sky as usual though - at one point the commentator said something along the lines of ‘Woodrow has extensive premier league experience...’ - yeh, 6 premier league appearances in total ...

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That was the one I thought you meant mate to illustrate what happens if you leave early sometimes.

Well, yeh, I do agree with that, but I was equally disgusted when the stands started to empty the moment we went 3 down to Leeds with 23 minutes left ... I know people who walked out at Mansfield when it was 4-2 - they’ve never forgiven themselves - you just never know!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, yeh, I do agree with that, but I was equally disgusted when the stands started to empty the moment we went 3 down to Leeds with 23 minutes left ... I know people who walked out at Mansfield when it was 4-2 - they’ve never forgiven themselves - you just never know!

I`ve only ever left one game early and that was Saints at home at HT many years ago due to having a bug and not knowing which end my lunch was going to exit from next! I think it was 0-0 when I left and we won 3-0 in the end - I remember sitting in the car and hearing the roars for the goals.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve only ever left one game early and that was Saints at home at HT many years ago due to having a bug and not knowing which end my lunch was going to exit from next! I think it was 0-0 when I left and we won 3-0 in the end - I remember sitting in the car and hearing the roars for the goals.

When you’ve gotta ‘go’ you’ve gotta go! 

17 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Is he 'easily Premier League quality now'? Che Adams and Maupay who both got their Prem moves after smashing it in the Championship both seem to be struggling. I know you need to give them the entire season, but I'd be surprised if they hit more than 7/8 goals this season for Brighton/Saints respectively. 

Yep, elsewhere on the forum the debate continues on "Should we have let Eisa go?".  It's a similar situation in reverse?  Eisa is scoring freely in League 1 after dropping down, whereas Maupay and Adams are not getiing the time and space that they were able to utilise in the Championship. If Peterboro' were to get promoted, I can see Eisa having a similar struggle when going up a level?  I guess we have to wait and see?                                                                           PS.  Out of interest, which strikers in the last few years have managed to make the step up successfully from the Championship to the Prem, by continuing to score regularly?  Pukka is doing ok at present, hope he keeps it up.

29 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep, elsewhere on the forum the debate continues on "Should we have let Eisa go?".  It's a similar situation in reverse?  Eisa is scoring freely in League 1 after dropping down, whereas Maupay and Adams are not getiing the time and space that they were able to utilise in the Championship. If Peterboro' were to get promoted, I can see Eisa having a similar struggle when going up a level?  I guess we have to wait and see?                                                                           PS.  Out of interest, which strikers in the last few years have managed to make the step up successfully from the Championship to the Prem, by continuing to score regularly?  Pukka is doing ok at present, hope he keeps it up.

Callum Wilson jumps out as being the best player to come from EFL in recent times. He was obviously League 1 with Coventry before Bournemouth bought him for the Champ. Oh and of course Jamie Vardy!!!

You could also argue that Ashley Barnes has developed into a more than decent forward at Prem level, following 4-5 years as a Champ player.

I could also add Glenn Murray into the mix. Basically anyone who has scored more than 10 in Prem season over more than one season really.

42 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Callum Wilson jumps out as being the best player to come from EFL in recent times. He was obviously League 1 with Coventry before Bournemouth bought him for the Champ. Oh and of course Jamie Vardy!!!

You could also argue that Ashley Barnes has developed into a more than decent forward at Prem level, following 4-5 years as a Champ player.

I could also add Glenn Murray into the mix. Basically anyone who has scored more than 10 in Prem season over more than one season really.

Thanks........good research. I hadn't thought of Wilson

5 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Personally I think Bobby Reid could have done it if he`d had the game time and been played in a system that suited his strengths.

Archived