IGNORED

Ollie Watkins

formerly known as ivan

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, only The goals.  In fairness, my evaluation of Kane is mainly related to how he plays for England.  He plays differently at club-level, and I do think he’s a star in Spurs set up.  England he’s one-dimensional.

You surprise me Dave. For England, playing in a front 3, he often drops off and sets moves up rather well I think. Something you can do if you have Sancho and Sterling making runs.

53 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Would love to think we would go all out for this lad in January if we are still in the mix for promotion. A player of his quality really could be the difference between making it to the promised land or not.

Just scores again, 5th of the season in what seems a poor Brentford team.

And as I posted this he just hit the post and then crossbar in the space of a couple of seconds!

Was thinking this myself. With the through balls Palmer puts through I think he’d suit us. Barnsley playing such a high line though it’s made for him

40 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

Absolutely criminal we let Ollie slip through our fingers twice 

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You surprise me Dave. For England, playing in a front 3, he often drops off and sets moves up rather well I think. Something you can do if you have Sancho and Sterling making runs.

I think he’s been better in the last 18 months admittedly....aided by Sterling and the likes of Sancho bringing fluidity.  Not saying it’s only because of them, but partly because of them.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s been better in the last 18 months admittedly....aided by Sterling and the likes of Sancho bringing fluidity.  Not saying it’s only because of them, but partly because of them.

I think he has changed his game somewhat since the World Cup, when he was a bit one dimensional I agree.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Innate ability over speed. The knack of being in the right place at the right time, something that is very hard to teach + can finish well with both feet and good in the air.

Teddy Sheringham had similar talents.

34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

As you mention Sancho and Sterling, what on earth had happened to Hudson-odoi? He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

We only get Watkins in cloud cuckoo land. We had our chance. He’s easily premier league quality now. 

Is he 'easily Premier League quality now'? Che Adams and Maupay who both got their Prem moves after smashing it in the Championship both seem to be struggling. I know you need to give them the entire season, but I'd be surprised if they hit more than 7/8 goals this season for Brighton/Saints respectively. 

17 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Is he 'easily Premier League quality now'? Che Adams and Maupay who both got their Prem moves after smashing it in the Championship both seem to be struggling. I know you need to give them the entire season, but I'd be surprised if they hit more than 7/8 goals this season for Brighton/Saints respectively. 

I would say Watkins is better than those two as he has a lot more dimensions to his game and has sheer pace. Put Watkins right hand side of Leicester front three for example and I think he’d be excellent 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would say Watkins is better than those two as he has a lot more dimensions to his game and has sheer pace. Put Watkins right hand side of Leicester front three for example and I think he’d be excellent 

Pretty sure Che Adams is quite similar to Watkins in that sense. IMO Watkins is nowhere near good enough to play in Leicester's front 3!!! They're a team who could conceivably get top 6 this season. 

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Pretty sure Che Adams is quite similar to Watkins in that sense. IMO Watkins is nowhere near good enough to play in Leicester's front 3!!! They're a team who could conceivably get top 6 this season. 

Fair enough. I think he’s that good. Lots of top talent from this league are not holding their own in the Premier League 

2 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

Think it was 'Harry that said he was scouted by us & the report that came back was ticking every possible box with high recommendation,,, then "the club" failed to act...sure he said the scout was pulling his hair out in frustration!

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Think it was 'Harry that said he was scouted by us & the report that came back was ticking every possible box with high recommendation,,, then "the club" failed to act...sure he said the scout was pulling his hair out in frustration!

He also said something about Brentford showing him London and a few other bits, I.e. they sold it to him.

Archived