IGNORED

Brentford away

Connell

The last time I went to an evening game at Griffin Park, the bus either didn't turn up or was full for the return journey to South Ealing Tube, so I ended up having to walk. It's quite a distance, especially for those who might be getting a train back to Bristol at a certain time and need to use Piccadilly line.

You can get a South Western train to Bristol from Brentford but it takes 3 hours with two changes!

I think the bus's replacement will only effect those travelling to Bath and Chippenham.

Looks like the route will be Padd/reading/didcot/swindon non stop to BTM and NOT calling at Bristol Parkway

My thoughts are for any one living nearer to the bath/keynsham  aerial than bristol is to drive to BTM and leave your car at BTM

When your on the bus replacements it seems ages to load up and ages to get to chippenham or Bath

8 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Loads going without tickets just staying in boozers so I heard 

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Yeah I know 3 doing that. They might try for the home end, or see if there are spares about on the day but I doubt it

I'd be surprised if there is any POTD for home ends given capacity but you never know!

Appears to be on restricted sale or similar too. Maybe able to buy spares/unwanted tickets on the day from pubs etc though?

• Admin
16 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Can't see any disrupion to return trains unless any one knows different

Only that there are no trains back to Weston, so taxi from Temple Meads for a group of us

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I think the bus's replacement will only effect those travelling to Bath and Chippenham.

Looks like the route will be Padd/reading/didcot/swindon non stop to BTM and NOT calling at Bristol Parkway

This is correct - coming into Temple Meads will be OK

One of my favourite away trips, so I’m gutted that work commitments are preventing me from visiting Griffin Park for the last time. 

I’m sure we always used to get a bigger allocation than 1600, though. Are away fans still allocated the top tier or have they just reduced the overall capacity at that end?

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

One of my favourite away trips, so I’m gutted that work commitments are preventing me from visiting Griffin Park for the last time. 

I’m sure we always used to get a bigger allocation than 1600, though. Are away fans still allocated the top tier or have they just reduced the overall capacity at that end?

The away capacity is always about 1,600 for Brentford. It's the whole stand, upstairs and downstairs. They can't sell every seat in top tier because of fire restrictions, but it's most of them.

Archived