IGNORED

City Women

The Original OTIB

8 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

No problem...  when there are equal crowds and prices. Supply and demand is what it's all about. Talk of equal pay, equal to who?

(nothing sexual there, Dave) don't arrest me

It’s the US women who want and talk about equal pay isn’t it?  

Is there any talk of British women wanting it as well?

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s the US women who want and talk about equal pay isn’t it?  

Is there any talk of British women wanting it as well?

Right, I hear it's a lot more advanced in the USA so that would figure.

If it's the British women that is a bit odd. It's like a new band on the scene who have a small but growing following  saying "heeey hang on look what Coldplay are earning, we want that NOW" Can't happen.

31 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Right, I hear it's a lot more advanced in the USA so that would figure.

If it's the British women that is a bit odd. It's like a new band on the scene who have a small but growing following  saying "heeey hang on look what Coldplay are earning, we want that NOW" Can't happen.

I don’t think it is the British ones but expect them to be beaten with that stick by men who for some reason don’t like women playing football 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t think it is the British ones but expect them to be beaten with that stick by men who for some reason don’t like women playing football 

Probably true. Although I'm not really a big watcher of the women's game (I've enough on my plate with City and all the league football on TV already) I have no problem and wish them well. There's no denying it's all about how many want to watch though and they still have a long way to go.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Probably true. Although I'm not really a big watcher of the women's game (I've enough on my plate with City and all the league football on TV already) I have no problem and wish them well. There's no denying it's all about how many want to watch though and they still have a long way to go.

Agreed but Chelsea are getting over 20k people to watch them. Big strides being made and quality going up all the time 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Agreed but Chelsea are getting over 20k people to watch them. Big strides being made and quality going up all the time 

How much are the tickets though? What are the other super league games attracting? Club histories, historical rivalries, songs and stuff. They have a long road to travel, hey like I said.. I've no problem

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

How much are the tickets though? What are the other super league games attracting? Club histories, historical rivalries, songs and stuff. They have a long road to travel, hey like I said.. I've no problem

Not sure how much they are but that crowd is impressive regardless.  Bristol City Ladies crowd was close to Rovers men recently I believe. 

From a standing start it’s quite impressive. 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Agreed but Chelsea are getting over 20k people to watch them. 

Chelsea are averaging 12,900 this season.

£49 for a season ticket at Chelsea, or £5 for the season if you're a juvenile or OAP.

£1 potd for OAP's and juveniles.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Until the Women's team gets more news of posts being made it's pointless having it's own sub forum. If you cannot handle the one'ish thread a week that appears there is something seriously wrong with you.

I suspect that the requests for a women's football forum are chiefly so that the people asking don't have to read them on the main channels at all. At least one person in this thread and at least one person who keeps asking this REPEATEDLY on City's FB page fits this opinion.

As much as it would be nice to pay the women's team anything comparable to the mens, if today's turnout at WISE is an indication (with 3x the ticket prices at the Ashton Gate no less) it's some way from happening.

Back to today's match against Chelsea...yes, it was quite a big gap between the Vixens and the visitors - possibly reflecting the differences in money. The girls were caught rather cold and were 3-0 down in short order, making the rest of the game less than exciting. My view is that we have a decent side but are not going to compete regularly with the likes of the usual suspects this season. Crowd was nearly 1,000, boosted by a large and noisy away following.

Having lost Lucy Graham to Everton I am a little concerned about who is going to score the goals, despite the win over the Bees last week. Could be a long season, but there are some surprise strugglers at the bottom currently. The Vixens are off to Liverpool in a fortnight's time in a crunch match. A win there will really make a statement.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Put it in a separate forum ffs.

This is a minority sport and nobody gives a monkey's unless they are blood relatives of the players.

I don’t give a monkeys about your opinion, that’s why I’ve made sure I reply to your post, to make doubly sure you know how few monkeys I give.

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Why should we put a post about football in a separate forum to the Football Chat forum?

The unwritten title of the forum is Bristol City First Team Football Chat; people read this forum to find out about the squad and games of that team. This includes U23 games as this covers much of the first team squad.

The only non-Bristol City First Team Football that gets a good level of discussion is Bristol Rovers and this is treated differently to other threads with every new discussion about them put into one single thread which many people entirely ignore; as is easy with a single thread.

That's an alternative to a separate forum: merge all women's football chat into a single easily ignored thread.

Keep cluttering up the board with women's football threads and they will all go the same way as this has.  Segregate them off and the very small number of people who have an interest can talk about it to their hearts' content without the complaints that they are cluttering up the main forum.

If someone started posting loads of threads about Yeovil would those be allowed to stand unmerged?

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The unwritten title of the forum is Bristol City First Team Football Chat; people read this forum to find out about the squad and games of that team. This includes U23 games as this covers much of the first team squad.

The only non-Bristol City First Team Football that gets a good level of discussion is Bristol Rovers and this is treated differently to other threads with every new discussion about them put into one single thread which many people entirely ignore; as is easy with a single thread.

That's an alternative to a separate forum: merge all women's football chat into a single easily ignored thread.

Keep cluttering up the board with women's football threads and they will all go the same way as this has.  Segregate them off and the very small number of people who have an interest can talk about it to their hearts' content without the complaints that they are cluttering up the main forum.

If someone started posting loads of threads about Yeovil would those be allowed to stand unmerged?

If that was the case then why is it called football chat?

Surely we should have a Bristol City football chat section with another section for chat about other things to do with football, of which there are quite a few on this page. 

But we don’t, the women’s team are as much a football team as the men’s team are and so they should be kept on the football chat page, I don’t understand the logic of moving threads about them to a different part of the forum?

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Give me one time when the board was ‘cluttered up’ with womens football please

38 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Do women run less than 100m or swim in smaller pools? No. 

The game is improving massively every year with same sized pitches and goals and balls as men. 

Women do run 100m and swim in the same size pools, but slower than the men do. I don't think that they should play with smaller balls and smaller goals but I do think they should play on smaller pitches. This will result in a better spectacle for viewers.

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Women do run 100m and swim in the same size pools, but slower than the men do. I don't think that they should play with smaller balls and smaller goals but I do think they should play on smaller pitches. This will result in a better spectacle for viewers.

And we accept that they are slower. I don’t think anyone watching Dina Asher-Smith last night was sat there thinking that she would come last in a men’s race as it’s irrelevant.

The spectacle is already very good as the huge viewing figures in the World Cup showed. 11m people wouldn’t watching something that they found boring. 

A smaller pitch would make for a scrapper game and be worse viewing 

Archived