IGNORED

Sacked by 8 o`clock?

Lanterne Rouge

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Steve Bruce? Newcastle 5 down at Leicester and looking like a parks side.

Robbie Savage says the Hayden red shouldn’t be a red. Absolute idiot. 

Getting fed up of pundits who know less than the average fan. 

As for Bruce, I just can’t believe they gave him the job. On paper they are decent but being led by a clown 

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Robbie Savage says the Hayden red shouldn’t be a red. Absolute idiot. 

Getting fed up of pundits who know less than the average fan. 

As for Bruce, I just can’t believe they gave him the job. On paper they are decent but being led by a clown 

Didn’t look as if they were playing for him. May as well get rid or walk as the players today have not played for the shirt 

My ribs are still aching from watching such ineptitude, their demise to the Championship once again will be a joy to behold.  Aside from Benitez they've hounded out every manager in recent memory (especially Pardew, who's tenure can now be classed as halcyon compared to the present).  I bet Michael Owen is also pissing himself.

30 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

My ribs are still aching from watching such ineptitude, their demise to the Championship once again will be a joy to behold.  Aside from Benitez they've hounded out every manager in recent memory (especially Pardew, who's tenure can now be classed as halcyon compared to the present).  I bet Michael Owen is also pissing himself.

The only issue I have with Newcastle getting relegated is that they will be  nailed on to go straight back up. I suppose it just means we have to make sure we get promoted this season.

24 minutes ago, bris red said:

No sympathy at all for Newcastle.. an absolute joke of a club.

The chairman is the only joke. Fan base and club as a whole is unbelievable. Stick a solid manager there with a decent budget and they’d fly. 

You’d think that Ashley being such a good businessman, that employing someone with a pretty poor record is a horrific business decision

10 minutes ago, daored said:

Their loyal fan base is sticking with them. A complete myth by the media , pre keegan they were getting around 10,000 a home game. More deluded than the blue few 

You're probably thinking of Chelsea :)

As I recall - I was there for KK's first game - they were getting around 18k before his appointment, a good crowd at the bottom of the 1st division at the time. KK's appointment boasted the crowd for our game to mid to high 20's. I think their capacity at the time was about 30k. It was a bit hairy with all them Geordies in the away end. Anyway that's all from my memory which may be a bit suspect.

49 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You're probably thinking of Chelsea :)

As I recall - I was there for KK's first game - they were getting around 18k before his appointment, a good crowd at the bottom of the 1st division at the time. KK's appointment boasted the crowd for our game to mid to high 20's. I think their capacity at the time was about 30k. It was a bit hairy with all them Geordies in the away end. Anyway that's all from my memory which may be a bit suspect.

Under 9200 for a game v crewe  

Quick question Where were the other 45k of the self claimed Best fans in the world that night?

1 hour ago, daored said:

Their loyal fan base is sticking with them. A complete myth by the media , pre keegan they were getting around 10,000 a home game. More deluded than the blue few 

Not true, the season before Keegan’s first spell as manager they had over 29k at home versus Forest and averaged a lot higher than 10k (17k in fact) -  I’m no Newcastle fan and I’ve even highlighted a 9k crowd they had at home vs Scunthorpe under Ardiles - but let’s keep the ‘facts’ real ...

They're clearly not the most loyal fans of all time but this 10k average thing is a myth.

Nor does it take into account attendances falling broadly speaking ACROSS THE BOARD for spells in the 1980s and yes they took a while to rebuild fan bases even through the 1990s at quite a few clubs- Newcastle weren't immune to this.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They're clearly not the most loyal fans of all time but this 10k average thing is a myth.

Nor does it take into account attendances falling broadly speaking ACROSS THE BOARD for spells in the 1980s and yes they took a while to rebuild fan bases even through the 1990s at quite a few clubs- Newcastle weren't immune to this.

Think unemployment was fairly high in the North East in the 80's which would have had some effect on attendances.

27 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Think unemployment was fairly high in the North East in the 80's which would have had some effect on attendances.

You're right: I remember seeing a documentary about Geordie bricklayers working on building sites in Germany due to the unemployment in the North East at the time.  Can't remember the name; something like Goodbye my love?

Archived