IGNORED

Sacked by 8 o`clock?

Lanterne Rouge

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You're probably thinking of Chelsea :)

As I recall - I was there for KK's first game - they were getting around 18k before his appointment, a good crowd at the bottom of the 1st division at the time. KK's appointment boasted the crowd for our game to mid to high 20's. I think their capacity at the time was about 30k. It was a bit hairy with all them Geordies in the away end. Anyway that's all from my memory which may be a bit suspect.

The season Keegan went there - and Andy Cole - 92/93, the smallest crowd they played before in the league, home and away, was at Trumpton Park, Bath. Fact!

And that was a division with the likes of Cambridge, Southend, Tranmere, Oxford, Peterborough and Grimsby in it.

10 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Under 9200 for a game v crewe  

Quick question Where were the other 45k of the self claimed Best fans in the world that night?

I take your point and you’re just stating a fact - but it drives me mad when people quote stuff like that from the distant past. I mean, how relevant is that actually? You’re talking the best part of 30 years ago.

So, to answer your question, a big percentage of the other 45k probably hadn’t even been born yet?!

24 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

You're right: I remember seeing a documentary about Geordie bricklayers working on building sites in Germany due to the unemployment in the North East at the time.  Can't remember the name; something like Goodbye my love?

Third best television show of ALL TIME. FACT*

*Fact based on my view that Minder is the best followed by Lovejoy. No returns.

12 hours ago, daored said:

Their loyal fan base is sticking with them. A complete myth by the media , pre keegan they were getting around 10,000 a home game. More deluded than the blue few 

The Fewers level of delusion is on another planet, no one even comes close to rivalling those idiots.

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Think unemployment was fairly high in the North East in the 80's which would have had some effect on attendances.

Variety of factors tbh.

Football hooliganism was fairly rife for various periods of the 1980s? Combined with higher unemployment in certain areas- probably one or two other variables too but would all have an impact.

If people actually look at historic attendances though they'll see that a 10,000 average wasn't right. They'd also see that it took a while for fan bases as averages to build up again through the 1990s at a lot of clubs.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just like Villa, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Stoke?

Both times Newcastle got relegated from the Prem, they won the Championship the next season. Whether they will do it a third time who knows, but I think they will be legitimate favourites for the Championship title for the 20/21 season. Get your money on early.

11 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I take your point and you’re just stating a fact - but it drives me mad when people quote stuff like that from the distant past. I mean, how relevant is that actually? You’re talking the best part of 30 years ago.

So, to answer your question, a big percentage of the other 45k probably hadn’t even been born yet?!

Ok point taken

30 Years ago Newcastle fans were just like us normal fans

but since the Keegan days they have become the super fans we see today!!

On 29/09/2019 at 18:31, RedDave said:

Robbie Savage says the Hayden red shouldn’t be a red. Absolute idiot. 

Getting fed up of pundits who know less than the average fan. 

As for Bruce, I just can’t believe they gave him the job. On paper they are decent but being led by a clown 

Robbie watches the game through the lens of a player who whinged, whined and cheated whenever he could. His points rarely focus on the rules of the game. 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

and The Bill 

Behave Reg.

If you want to judge The Bill, you need @Arthur Daley to break it down by era.

Are we talking 'vintage Bob Cryer' - are you putting your eggs in a 'Tosh Lines basket', maybe you are second generation 'Burnside' (pre spin off), or are you more of a 'Reg Hollis and Des Taviner' leading in to the Gabriel Kent school of mis-thought.

Too many highs and way too many lows for it to be an end-2-end claim on greatness. It's like claiming Prisoner Cell Block H (when it was just Bea Smith, before 'the freak') was anything better than company when you were falling asleep in a large meat doner, chilli Source and all the salad.

Reflect mate.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Behave Reg.

If you want to judge The Bill, you need @Arthur Daley to break it down by era.

Are we talking 'vintage Bob Cryer' - are you putting your eggs in a 'Tosh Lines basket', maybe you are second generation 'Burnside' (pre spin off), or are you more of a 'Reg Hollis and Des Taviner' leading in to the Gabriel Kent school of mis-thought.

Too many highs and way too many lows for it to be an end-2-end claim on greatness. It's like claiming Prisoner Cell Block H (when it was just Bea Smith, before 'the freak') was anything better than company when you were falling asleep in a large meat doner, chilli Source and all the salad.

Reflect mate.

I saw Burnside at Victoria Station...fierce looking cvnt.

Archived