IGNORED

oliver langford the ref for Wednesday

Never to the dark side

From memory, granted this was a long time ago, it doesn't matter where you're from, they just rely on you declaring any allegiances to football clubs. I think ordinarily, they may try to keep referees from certain areas away from certain games to avoid fans questioning it, but there's no real rule against it.

11 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

From memory, granted this was a long time ago, it doesn't matter where you're from, they just rely on you declaring any allegiances to football clubs. I think ordinarily, they may try to keep referees from certain areas away from certain games to avoid fans questioning it, but there's no real rule against it.

Anthony Taylor, from Manchester got given the Manchester Derby because he's a Accrington fan 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

So if I became a referee and declared myself a Bristol Manor Farm fan I could referee a game between City and Rovers?

Nowadays, if you declare you 'gender identify' yourself as female it wouldn't surprise me if you'd qualify to join our women's football team !   

( I jest of course but as per the title of that great 1960s film, ...It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World … I increasingly find those words running through my mind   -  tch, I'm getting old! ) 

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

So if I became a referee and declared myself a Bristol Manor Farm fan I could referee a game between City and Rovers?

In a few years time you would be banned from refereeing   a match between Manor Farm and Rovers when they are in the same league. I don’t mind if the ref is a Langford as long as it’s not Bonnie

FFS....Oliver Langford.

Ranks worse than Keith Stroud, but better than Geoff Eltringham and Gavin Ward.  Andy Davies was just a homer, he knew the rules, but only applied then in a manner than PNE benefitted from.

Langford is just incompetent, but if there was a game to ref us, Brentford (rather than a MIllwall or PNE) is probably a bit of luck.

Archived