Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ExiledAjax

Fam called up to Senegal squad (and has just scored against Brazil)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Fam returning to training like t55uVPw.gif

On a serious note, I found it odd not one single City player posted an Insta story congratulating Fam or highlighting his goal. Often see it from our squad for other players and even ones that half left our club - you know the thing love emojis or buzzing for player name - but nothing. 

Often wondered what sort of relationship Fam has with the squad - Afobe was going to player get togethers within weeks of joining but you never see Fam at them. I know he is deeply religious and has a young family but I wonder if there is more to it. Wasn't something made when he first joined of him being a bit distant and keeping his earphones in and not mixing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may have put away a pen today, but City looked a different team when Afobe was in and Fam was out.

Perhaps its just a case of us not playing to his strengths, though I am concerned if he is not involved with his team mates off the field.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Olé said:

On a serious note, I found it odd not one single City player posted an Insta story congratulating Fam or highlighting his goal. Often see it from our squad for other players and even ones that half left our club - you know the thing love emojis or buzzing for player name - but nothing.

I don't follow all of them and won't claim to have forensically checked - but Korey and Janneh both posted. And plenty have replied to Fam's own post saying variations on "well done": Massengo, Palmer, Paterson, plus ex players like Flint and Reid.

Dunno how much to read into it - I don't exactly congratulate my colleagues publically on social media when they send a great email.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't follow all of them and won't claim to have forensically checked - but Korey and Janneh both posted. And plenty have replied to Fam's own post saying variations on "well done": Massengo, Palmer, Paterson, plus ex players like Flint and Reid.

Dunno how much to read into it - I don't exactly congratulate my colleagues publically on social media when they send a great email.

Weird. I was looking at Insta a few hours after the game and Korey didn't seem to have posted anything in his story unless I missed it. Certainly didn't see any other senior players post so still struck me as sad. Always readily "buzzing" for others!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The childish point-scoring on here regarding Fam is just embarrassing - whenever he scores for City loads just can’t wait to post comments like yours above on the matchday threads (obviously not at the games then) and when he misses a sitter loads do just the same to criticise him.

It’s no secret that I don’t particularly rate him as a good striker - but the tit for tat posts like yours are just boring ...

You were at the game in Singapore?! 

If you don’t like my posts feel free to block me fella. Otherwise, stfu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Olé said:

Weird. I was looking at Insta a few hours after the game and Korey didn't seem to have posted anything in his story unless I missed it. Certainly didn't see any other senior players post so still struck me as sad. Always readily "buzzing" for others!

I think he maybe just keeps himself to himself. I saw them all training in Tampa and wouldn't describe him as looking notably isolated. Might not be in the core of the core group of "lads" but I'm not worried.

Screenshot_20191010-171426.png

Edited by ExiledAjax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think he maybe just keeps himself to himself. I saw them all training in Tampa and wouldn't describe him as looking notably isolated. Might not be in the core of the core group of "lads" but I'm not worried.

Screenshot_20191010-171426.png

Sammie is in on it too, nothing to worry about 

6D0A623F-4FA3-415C-ADBD-2220CB513D89.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Fam’s just that guy at work that gets on well with everyone but doesn’t socialise outside of work. That image from earlier in the season where KP & Afobe are celebrating and Fam (an unused substitute) looks as delighted in the background. The players also all celebrate with him when he scores.

As an aside, I’ve been noting how many of our players go and celebrate with the goal scorer than with other teams, it is often quite a difference. I think LJ has done a decent job of putting together a squad that have a good spirit and want each other to do well....a consequence of the oft maligned DNA? (Dare I say it, best team spirit since that L1 team?)

Team-mates and ex Team-mates who commented:

Korey Smith, Lloyd Kelly, Marlon Pack, Liam Walsh, Antoine Semenyo, Jay Dasilva, Adam Webster, Kasey Palmer, Jamie Paterson, Han-Noah Massengo, Taylor Moore, Aden Flint, Bobby Reid.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Olé said:

Weird. I was looking at Insta a few hours after the game and Korey didn't seem to have posted anything in his story unless I missed it. Certainly didn't see any other senior players post so still struck me as sad. Always readily "buzzing" for others!

Football players block instagram stalker shock. :whistle:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Fam haters, where you at? tenor.gif?itemid=10245867

I'm certainly not a "hater"

But did ANYONE actually watch the game to judge how Fam played? 

It's great he scored a penalty but lets not get too ahead of ourselves, he needs to do it for us over a longer time if he's going to get his starting position back 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm certainly not a "hater"

But did ANYONE actually watch the game to judge how Fam played? 

It's great he scored a penalty but lets not get too ahead of ourselves, he needs to do it for us over a longer time if he's going to get his starting position back 

But no-ones saying he played amazing and must lead our attack for the next 10 years.

People have just recognised that our player has scored an international goal against Brazil and that is a good thing, regardless if it's a penalty, came off his backside or was a 30 yard screamer.

It's the sort of thing Fam will look back on his career and tell his grandkids that "I scored against Brazil".

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done that man Fam.

Is he the first active City player to score against Brazil?  I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps the likes of Agostino, Goater, Goodridge might have bagged one back in the nineties for one of their international sides, but can't recall hearing of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm certainly not a "hater"

But did ANYONE actually watch the game to judge how Fam played? 

It's great he scored a penalty but lets not get too ahead of ourselves, he needs to do it for us over a longer time if he's going to get his starting position back 

Hate to disappoint you but he already has, he's our starting default striker 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give the guy a break FFS.   He just scored a goal against Brazil, while playing alongside Sadio Mane ( A Champions League Winner)..........this is not a time for bickering.   This a time to offer congratuations to Fam for a great penalty, and a big thankyou for putting Bristol City in the spotlight, and giving us a higher profile.   Thanks Fam!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm certainly not a "hater"

But did ANYONE actually watch the game to judge how Fam played? 

It's great he scored a penalty but lets not get too ahead of ourselves, he needs to do it for us over a longer time if he's going to get his starting position back 

His scoring rate for us ain’t bad is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, swanker said:

His scoring rate for us ain’t bad is it?

It’s fine. I’ve no idea why he causes so many arguments. He isn’t as good as Afobe but he is a proven 15 goal a season striker at this level. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, swanker said:

His scoring rate for us ain’t bad is it?

The first line of my reply is a clue 

I just can't see why so many people are getting themselves in a frenzy because he scored a penalty in a game, when clearly nobody has a clue how he played in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, phantom said:

The first line of my reply is a clue 

I just can't see why so many people are getting themselves in a frenzy because he scored a penalty in a game, when clearly nobody has a clue how he played in the game 

Have you read any of the posts? People are not saying he’s played amazing against Brazil. Everyone has said he has scored a penalty against Brazil, that’s good.

the only over-reaction has been you. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s fine. I’ve no idea why he causes so many arguments. He isn’t as good as Afobe but he is a proven 15 goal a season striker at this level. 

Who’s scored 13 both seasons for us!!! 🤣🤣🤣

 

 

 

yes, he was injured in 17/18 for 3 months and missed 6 games at start of last season.

He has 3 already this season in all comps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hare Island said:

You were at the game in Singapore?! 

If you don’t like my posts feel free to block me fella. Otherwise, stfu. 

You aren’t prepared to accept opinions that differ from yours? People who don’t agree with you either need to block you or ‘‘stfu”?! Wow. No debate allowed. Ok.

... and I wasn’t at the Singapore game, my post was about childish tit for tat comments on matchday threads during Bristol City games, not sure how you got to Singapore from that ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phantom said:

The first line of my reply is a clue 

I just can't see why so many people are getting themselves in a frenzy because he scored a penalty in a game, when clearly nobody has a clue how he played in the game 

I wasn’t talking about an international friendly, I was talking about playing for us in the championship. 

He’s has a pretty decent scoring record whatever anyone says. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me but I wonder why the club cant be arsed to update their "players on international duty" article on their website? Some if not all the players have been involved by now. I used to titter at some of the news items that were placed in the latest news section but now it barely gets updated 2 or 3 times a week, (apart from updating the date on some of them!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You aren’t prepared to accept opinions that differ from yours? People who don’t agree with you either need to block you or ‘‘stfu”?! Wow. No debate allowed. Ok.

... and I wasn’t at the Singapore game, my post was about childish tit for tat comments on matchday threads during Bristol City games, not sure how you got to Singapore from that ...

 

717902CA-CC36-4356-9D97-9F82C8815F9C.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fam would surely have scored 20 plus had he not been injured so long first season. Even if he'd done a lot worse than his record suggests then he would still have got very close to 20. Last season he was up top on his own a lot so was a lot harder to score so many, but was a key player in a lot of our away wins.

So he will score goals if he plays regularly in a 2. But my problem is he doesn't so far get the best out of some players like Palmer and Weimann.

I would still be looking at other options to play alongside Weimann. More suited to having Palmer thread the balls through. There is option of Palmer in behind just Weimann as a lone striker that I would like to see, but maybe that won't work, and that's why LJ isnt going with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We love Fam for all his qualities and faults . He’s a top bloke , decent international footballer and leaves everything on the pitch when he plays.

 

What more can he give ?

Money to the ball boys and girls?! Just joshing .... no doubt he gives his all, that’s never been in question in my opinion ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

 

717902CA-CC36-4356-9D97-9F82C8815F9C.jpeg

What a surprise @JBFC II “liked” this response to one of my posts! You’ve won the ‘most predictable reaction to a post today’ award! And I thought we were getting on better!

Interesting that you don’t seem to know the definition of hypocrite!! As I replied to the post (you know, the one you rushed to “like”) I have never told anyone to “block me or stfu” on here - and you know I haven’t, so how am I a hypocrite for asking a poster why he or she suggests I do just that rather than have a debate? I’ve had many debates with you on here so I’m certainly not against debate containing differing opinions - so really can’t see how you “liked” a very unfunny graphic that suggested I’m a ‘hypocrite’ ... oh well, the joys of social media go on! 

Not really expecting a reply, just enjoy your Friday ... cheers 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a surprise @JBFC II “liked” this response to one of my posts! You’ve won the ‘most predictable reaction to a post today’ award! And I thought we were getting on better!

Interesting that you don’t seem to know the definition of hypocrite!! As I replied to the post (you know, the one you rushed to “like”) I have never told anyone to “block me or stfu” on here - and you know I haven’t, so how am I a hypocrite for asking a poster why he or she suggests I do just that rather than have a debate? I’ve had many debates with you on here so I’m certainly not against debate containing differing opinions - so really can’t see how you “liked” a very unfunny graphic that suggested I’m a ‘hypocrite’ ... oh well, the joys of social media go on! 

Not really expecting a reply, just enjoy your Friday ... cheers 

Imagine getting so wound up over a ‘like’ reaction!

Have a beer (or beverage of choice) and enjoy the football, there’s more to life than reactions on a forum!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Who’s scored 13 both seasons for us!!! 🤣🤣🤣

 

 

 

yes, he was injured in 17/18 for 3 months and missed 6 games at start of last season.

He has 3 already this season in all comps. 

Point is it he wasn’t banned (unfairly by sounds of it) he’s at a 15 a season rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Imagine getting so wound up over a ‘like’ reaction!

Have a beer (or beverage of choice) and enjoy the football, there’s more to life than reactions on a forum! 

....says the one who rushes to post reactions on a forum then reverses when realising he doesn’t know the definition of ‘hypocrite’ - as I said, I thought we were getting on better! Have a great weekend ...🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a surprise @JBFC II “liked” this response to one of my posts! You’ve won the ‘most predictable reaction to a post today’ award! And I thought we were getting on better!

Interesting that you don’t seem to know the definition of hypocrite!! As I replied to the post (you know, the one you rushed to “like”) I have never told anyone to “block me or stfu” on here - and you know I haven’t, so how am I a hypocrite for asking a poster why he or she suggests I do just that rather than have a debate? I’ve had many debates with you on here so I’m certainly not against debate containing differing opinions - so really can’t see how you “liked” a very unfunny graphic that suggested I’m a ‘hypocrite’ ... oh well, the joys of social media go on! 

Not really expecting a reply, just enjoy your Friday ... cheers 

chill calm down GIF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a surprise @JBFC II “liked” this response to one of my posts! You’ve won the ‘most predictable reaction to a post today’ award! And I thought we were getting on better!

Interesting that you don’t seem to know the definition of hypocrite!! As I replied to the post (you know, the one you rushed to “like”) I have never told anyone to “block me or stfu” on here - and you know I haven’t, so how am I a hypocrite for asking a poster why he or she suggests I do just that rather than have a debate? I’ve had many debates with you on here so I’m certainly not against debate containing differing opinions - so really can’t see how you “liked” a very unfunny graphic that suggested I’m a ‘hypocrite’ ... oh well, the joys of social media go on! 

Not really expecting a reply, just enjoy your Friday ... cheers 

triggered GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Selected again for the next round of international matches in a few weeks 

IMG_20191031_194023.jpg

Yeh...you don't drop the guy whos scores against Brazil do you. These are competitive games as well - qualifiers for 2021 AFCON.

Eswatini is the new name for Swaziland for those who may wonder.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...