IGNORED

What forward would you like to buy in January?

Unan

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It can depend.  Several southern-hemisphere rugby players play without their ACL! 

From a bit of reading, I think he’s only done his ACL once previously.  He had another “knee injury” but ACL not mentioned.  The ACL was 6 1/2 years ago.

Is this what they have done instead Dave? 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140722164132.htm

Vydra on loan from Burnley must surely be a realistic option? Hardly plays up there at all now, especially as they have J-Rod back.

Andre Gray could be good loan option too if Kiko Flores doesn't fancy him, and don't forget they have Deeney, Welbeck and Dela there now.

Surely we wouldn't consider Kodjia for a loan? Not sure how it ended up between him and Johnson, can't remember if he refused to play that night at Scunny?

I mean in an idea world I'd love us to splash the cash and get Jarrod Bowen in during Jan, especially if Hull are bottom half. Would take over 12 million to land him so it ain't gonna happen.

Solid loan sounds like the main option.

29 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Vydra on loan from Burnley must surely be a realistic option? Hardly plays up there at all now, especially as they have J-Rod back.

Andre Gray could be good loan option too if Kiko Flores doesn't fancy him, and don't forget they have Deeney, Welbeck and Dela there now.

Surely we wouldn't consider Kodjia for a loan? Not sure how it ended up between him and Johnson, can't remember if he refused to play that night at Scunny?

I mean in an idea world I'd love us to splash the cash and get Jarrod Bowen in during Jan, especially if Hull are bottom half. Would take over 12 million to land him so it ain't gonna happen.

Solid loan sounds like the main option.

No chance of Bowen joining another Champ club, especially not us.

Vydra seems the most logical option - only played 559 mins last season and only 102 so far this season.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Is this what they have done instead Dave? 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140722164132.htm

No, they just build up all the muscles around it to hopefully keep stability if the joint.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-12/peter-wallace-played-for-two-years-without-an-acl/9861170

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-play-rugby-without-reconstructing-ACL

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

In that case, lets tell Benik to get off his cosy hospital bed and get down the ground to get his muscles built up properly. :) 

I see that it can increase the chances of dislocating the knee and you would have thought it would have hampered speed and jumping ability, but if a Wide Receiver in the NFL could play without one, that can't be the case.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

In that case, lets tell Benik to get off his cosy hospital bed and get down the ground to get his muscles built up properly. :) 

I see that it can increase the chances of dislocating the knee and you would have thought it would have hampered speed and jumping ability, but if a Wide Receiver in the NFL could play without one, that can't be the case.

Amazing really.  Back in the day a cartilage tear was career ending, then Gazza did his ACL, now some players play without them.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Amazing really.  Back in the day a cartilage tear was career ending, then Gazza did his ACL, now some players play without them.

Is it cruciate that they replace with old dead peoples ones as replacements Dave? 

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Janneh

Such a shame he got that injury. He'd be on our bench now I reckon at times.

Would love to see him come back and get opportunities. If Semenyo can kick on then Semenyo, Weimann, Janneh, Diedhiou with Watkins as an emergency 5th may be enough.

I guess it all really comes down to how good Semenyo is up till January.

If we do go in for someone then Marriott I'd still really like. I think he would suit our current system with Weimann alongside him.

Large Dependency on this question is to where we are, and also where others are.

Take Assombalonga. If Boro continue to be in lower mid table then he’ll likely be available on loan with obligation to buy if promoted to a top six/seven side. (Attendances down, no chance of promotion, need to cut wages at that point). Do I think if we go up he’d be prem quality? Probably not, but you can sell as soon as you’re up and the finances don’t take a hit as you’ve got the prem money (exactly what Wolves did with Benik)

I’d personally go down the route, rather than shelling a huge fee on Watkins (although would like him) or a punt on a player who doesn’t know the league, of getting an Assombalonga, Marriott or a Gayle in on the basis described. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think it is an option.  For mine they took part of my patella tendon, but they can also use part of hamstring too.

After stretching my ACL the doctor told me to build up the muscles around it to compensate. First game back after months out I snapped it ?

They used  my patella tendon as well but put it in too long so it didn’t work . Never played again . 

Ah well 

49 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

After stretching my ACL the doctor told me to build up the muscles around it to compensate. First game back after months out I snapped it ?

They used  my patella tendon as well but put it in too long so it didn’t work . Never played again . 

Ah well 

Getting the tension right is key.  Mr Newman did mine.  When I had my other knee ops (meniscus) done, he was really pleased how strong my right knee was.  Fluid was the issue because of hardly having any cartilage left!!

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Getting the tension right is key.  Mr Newman did mine.  When I had my other knee ops (meniscus) done, he was really pleased how strong my right knee was.  Fluid was the issue because of hardly having any cartilage left!!

I had a German surgeon Dr honal who actually had a documentary made about him. He made the same mistake with 22 other ACL patients and almost crippled a woman performing a hip replacement. 

Archived