IGNORED

What forward would you like to buy in January?

Unan

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You said you insist on accuracy ‘even though others don’t’ - it’s Jermain ...

I’m sure you’d slag off the Bristol Post for getting a name that wrong ... accuracy is so easy in this modern age ... yet so many blame ‘autocorrect’ ... ✌️??

Ooh - you obviously know Vardy well, or acquaintances of his - please do tell, why isn’t he a nice guy?

Do you think there will be just one day on here when you're not looking for an argument BS4?

Jesus.

11 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just on Pisano does anyone know if he has a club yet?...wiki suggests no which is a shame as thought he still has plenty to offer

Can't see us bringing him back - He seems very family orientated so presumably for any move he'd have to uproot his family again, you'd imagine his child is in school in Italy and that's more upheaval and not really fair midway through the term. 

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

My fear is that we spent so much of our striker budget was spent on the Afobe loan fee that we dont want to have to fork out another big loan fee or all the costs of a permanent. 

I can see us actually not bringing anyone in for this exact reason. With Janneh back and Semenyo as back up, I can see us changing to a system with wingers/wide players and playing Fammy and Weimann up front.

I think we'll look to go abroad again.

Better value abroad.

Think Cisse in and Mervyn Day moving on is significant.

Wouldn't be surprised if we went Portuguese, French or even German.

Really like the look of this guy at Braga and think he would suit our style.

26yo, has strengths that suit us...loves a through ball, and receiving key passes, good a heading and has good defensive contribution. Plus also likes a long ball into him and likes a tackle.

Plus...left footed.

Take a look...could see his style with us.

Reckon £5million would get him.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

My fear is that we spent so much of our striker budget was spent on the Afobe loan fee that we dont want to have to fork out another big loan fee or all the costs of a permanent. 

I'm certain there are contingency plans.........we did bank nearly 40 mill, so although we have spent some of it, we surely have quite a bit  left in  our deposit account? ?

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I'm certain there are contingency plans.........we did bank nearly 40 mill, so although we have spent some of it, we surely have quite a bit  left in  our deposit account? ?

Not a lot left by my maths.  Enough for a top loan, yes....not for a £5m+ purchase.  Unless we trade.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Please explain?......I don;t get it.

Because football finances aren’t as simple as having the net spend to spend.

Before we start each season, we have:

- a wage bill probably £5m greater than income (Could be worse)

- operating expenses on top of £8-10m

- an amortisation Bill (depreciation of player contracts over the contract length) of £10-11m

So we start our recruitment with the following FFP position:

£23m loss...of which we can probably offset £5m for academy etc....so £18m.  That’s £5m over the annual average £13m FFP allowance.  Quite frightening really.  If you go back to summer 2018, the sales of our big three funded our recruitment, but also helped correct a massive £25m loss the season before.  We will know much that compensated 17/18, when we see 18/19’s accounts.

So this summer:

sold;

Kelly £15.0m

Webster £20.0m

Pack £4.0m

Eisa £1.2m

Freeman £0.5m (sell-on)

Total £40.7m

bought:

Bentley £3.0m

Dasilva £2.0m

Kalas £7.0m

Szmodics £0.8m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £2.8m 

Nagy £2.3m

Total £21.4m (none of this factors in future commitments for any performance related add-ons with their old clubs)

Plus:

Afobe - lets say £2.5m loan fee (hence Kid’s view that the option to buy is a very good fee)

Pereira - £1.0m Loan fee

Thats now £25.9m

Plus signing on fees, agent fees, increased wage bill to get the quality of Afobe, Palmer, Kalas, and I think you’re adding another £5-8m commitment onto that £25.9m.  Let’s take the lowest figure £5.0m....so £30.9m.

That leaves £9.8m minus the £5.0m ffp deficit....

so say circa £5.0m left in the budget in January.  That has to cover transfer fee (loan or permanent), increased wage bill, agent fee, signing on fee.

Hope it kinda makes sense.  All figures above are what have been published or best intentioned from various sources, including the club’s accounts, Kid and media.

Shout if you have any Qs.

It shows why MA said we did the Kelly deal early, to allow us to steal a march on recruitment of key players.

Very well researched, i am impressed, especially at the accuracy of your fees ( Massengo 2.8) and not the silly figures being bandied about, etc.  Also all the hidden costs that most people do not consider  I do believe that our billiomaire benefactor, considering how well the books have been balanced would be ok to throw in a couple or so million, if the forward we were after cost, say £7 to £8mill, and it made the difference in our going for the Prem?  There is also some TV money, not a whole load admittedly, but some, and attendances have been excellent.  So I do believe if we wanted to spend between £5 to £8 mill on a forward, it could happen.  But almost certainly we will go down the loan, with an option to buy route, if we can?  Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out.

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Absolutely.......use the money plus some extra to bring in a new forward, and continue to bring Semenyo on.  It makes sense,  we just have find a buyer for Fam?  Hmmm?

Wonder if Cardiff would be interested. Reckon we might lose a few quid on him though.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

- an amortisation Bill (depreciation of player contracts over the contract length) of £10-11m

£23m loss...of which we can probably offset £5m for academy etc....so £18m.  That’s £5m over the annual average £13m FFP allowance.  Quite frightening really.  If you go back to summer 2018, the sales of our big three funded our recruitment, but also helped correct a massive £25m loss the season before.  We will know much that compensated 17/18, when we see 18/19’s accounts.

So this summer:

sold;

Kelly £15.0m

Webster £20.0m

Pack £4.0m

Eisa £1.2m

Freeman £0.5m (sell-on)

Total £40.7m

bought:

Bentley £3.0m

Dasilva £2.0m

Kalas £7.0m

Szmodics £0.8m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £2.8m 

Nagy £2.3m

Total £21.4m (none of this factors in future commitments for any performance related add-ons with their old clubs)

Plus:

Afobe - lets say £2.5m loan fee (hence Kid’s view that the option to buy is a very good fee)

Pereira - £1.0m Loan fee

Thats now £25.9m

Plus signing on fees, agent fees, increased wage bill to get the quality of Afobe, Palmer, Kalas, and I think you’re adding another £5-8m commitment onto that £25.9m.  Let’s take the lowest figure £5.0m....so £30.9m.

so say circa £5.0m left in the budget in January.  That has to cover transfer fee (loan or permanent), increased wage bill, agent fee, signing on fee.

Hope it kinda makes sense.  All figures above are what have been published or best intentioned from various sources, including the club’s accounts, Kid and media.

It shows why MA said we did the Kelly deal early, to allow us to steal a march on recruitment of key players.

All points towards at best a loan signing with say a loan fee of 2-3m and wages/agent fees on top.

Probably from abroad (extra value) with an option to buy at the end of the season. 

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

Wonder if Cardiff would be interested. Reckon we might lose a few quid on him though.

Always said Diedhiou is made for Cardiff. Anyone who doesn't pass the ball much. Low possession sides.

Hoping that Cisse might have someone in mind?  The UK market is very inflated, and there has to be a striker available abroad who could be the answer.  It's always a risk, but City are competent at background and suitability research, so we could end up with someone from leftfield?

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So this summer:

sold;

Kelly £15.0m

Webster £20.0m

Pack £4.0m

Eisa £1.2m

Freeman £0.5m (sell-on)

Total £40.7m

bought:

Bentley £3.0m

Dasilva £2.0m

Kalas £7.0m

Szmodics £0.8m

Palmer £3.5m

Massengo £2.8m 

Nagy £2.3m

Plus:

Pereira - £1.0m Loan fee

Thats now £25.9m

On the wage bill I would estimate we are paying an extra £30-40k per week this season. £1.5-2m per annum. Not much money left! 

Archived