IGNORED

Season Ticket Direct Debit

Cider-Head23

17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

They usually put something on the OS .

Their reason given over the phone was because it was due out at the weekend, yet that would normally result in payment being taken on the Monday. It's now Wednesday and the girl on the phone says it should be taken by Friday.

It's no big deal, but imagine the grief someone would get if they didn't stick to their side of the agreement.

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Their reason given over the phone was because it was due out at the weekend, yet that would normally result in payment being taken on the Monday. It's now Wednesday and the girl on the phone says it should be taken by Friday.

It's no big deal, but imagine the grief someone would get if they didn't stick to their side of the agreement.

I would be interested to know if the club are at fault in anyway here

Surely the whole point we sign a contract to agree to an amount being taken on a set date or the next working day must stand for something?

Like mentioned above, just imagine if we said we'll pay you next week!

The fact that it will at best be FOUR days late I would suggest there is a problem with completing the transactions - what IS piss poor is that there has been no contact or statement from the club

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would be interested to know if the club are at fault in anyway here

Surely the whole point we sign a contract to agree to an amount being taken on a set date or the next working day must stand for something?

Like mentioned above, just imagine if we said we'll pay you next week!

The fact that it will at best be FOUR days late I would suggest there is a problem with completing the transactions - what IS piss poor is that there has been no contact or statement from the club

They obviously know payments haven’t been taken. A simple statement on the OS wouldn’t be too difficult, surely?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

My first repayment was 1st July 2019, meaning last repayment will be 1st April 2020

20191204_210646.jpg

Thanks that depressed me, £52 a month is really going into my disposable income. Think might be having a year off next year,

• Admin
23 minutes ago, boatman said:

Thanks that depressed me, £52 a month is really going into my disposable income. Think might be having a year off next year,

15 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

My first payment was May 1st.

I thought everyone would pay on the same dates

Apologies @RedLionLad + @boatman just realised I was looking at my wrong account for May.

My first repayment WAS 7th May 2019.

Last repayment in February, so two more to go (if they ever take December's amount)

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Apologies @RedLionLad + @boatman just realised I was looking at my wrong account for May.

My first repayment WAS 7th May 2019.

Last repayment in February, so two more to go (if they ever take December's amount)

March and April are the two non-payment months. It means we can eat better for 8 or 9 weeks :)

On 02/10/2019 at 16:59, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/Incorrectpayments.aspx

If they have taken it on the wrong day without prior notification - and assuming it wasn't due to come out on a weekend - that link seems to suggest you can have it refunded.

Doesn't sound like that would be at a cost to the club either.

Worth a try, I was expecting it to go out on Monday not today. For those that dont follow their finances closely they may have assumed it went out and unwittingly assumed they had extra money in their bank account and may have spent it.

• Admin
On 02/10/2019 at 16:59, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/Incorrectpayments.aspx

If they have taken it on the wrong day without prior notification - and assuming it wasn't due to come out on a weekend - that link seems to suggest you can have it refunded.

Doesn't sound like that would be at a cost to the club either.

I wonder how we would come off for the fact that we would "in theory" still owe the club money?

I would assume if you got your money back the club would just add a month on the end?

Four days late for me this month, add to that previous late collections - oh well only two more to go

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

March and April are the two non-payment months. It means we can eat better for 8 or 9 weeks :)

Add to that the two months without council tax payments - it's going to be a food bonanza in MG's house :chant6ez:

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder how we would come off for the fact that we would "in theory" still owe the club money?

I would assume if you got your money back the club would just add a month on the end?

Four days late for me this month, add to that previous late collections - oh well only two more to go

Add to that the two months without council tax payments - it's going to be a food bonanza in MG's house :chant6ez:

Don't think it's anything to do with the club, I may be wrong but I think the cub is paid upfront by a finance company and the DD money goes to them?

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure (I don't pay for my ST monthly), but I was under the impression the monthly payment incurred a premium, so I would guess that the full amount of the ST is passed to the club by the finance house when it's taken out, and they get their money back (and their profit) from the monthly payments customers make.

Speak with your bank, they can probably advise.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't think it's anything to do with the club, I may be wrong but I think the cub is paid upfront by a finance company and the DD money goes to them?

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not sure (I don't pay for my ST monthly), but I was under the impression the monthly payment incurred a premium, so I would guess that the full amount of the ST is passed to the club by the finance house when it's taken out, and they get their money back (and their profit) from the monthly payments customers make.

Speak with your bank, they can probably advise.

Now you mention it I am sure you are right, I seem to remember signing with the involvement of a third party

5 hours ago, phantom said:

True story mate.....and a few awaydays too :)

20 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Anyone up for having a go at a refund ? I wouldn't rip the club off..............but finances houses, that's different ! :cool:

I contacted my bank this morning and raised this issue. They said they can see that it normally goes out on the 1st and that it should have gone put on the 2nd. They tried to fob me off and tried to get me to take the issue up with Bristol Sport but I made it very clear I was requesting a refund under the direct debit Guarantee. They then said I could have a refund no problem but I'd have to cancel the direct debit which obviously I dont want to do so after explaining that to them they said as long as my claim meets the criteria then the funds will go back into my bank by 8pm this evening. I'll keep you updated.

10 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I think it's safe to say that if you request a refund over this you won't be able to buy a ST using this method in the future.

I've seen it on here in the past that people that haven't kept up their payments one season have been refused the option thereafter.

Think you are getting confused between the two things.

The organisation signs up to these terms and agreements when they agree to take direct debit payments. If enough people make a claim then that will ensure in future they take the payments when they are supposed too. They are at fault so therefore they must issue a refund under the direct debit Guarantee. 

You are talking about people who have missed payments and quite rightly if they miss a few payments then the option should not be open to someone in the future. I've not missed my payment, I made my payment, however they broke the terms of our agreement by not taking it on the date they were supposed to and not giving me prior notification. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Think you are getting confused between the two things.

The organisation signs up to these terms and agreements when accepting a direct debit, they are at fault so therefore they must issue a refund under the direct debit Guarantee. 

You are talking about people who have missed payments and quite rightly if they miss a few payments then the option should not be open to someone in the future. 

You are quite possibly correct, just something to maybe be wary of though.

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You are quite possibly correct, just something to maybe be wary of though.

I am sure if I broke my agreement with them then they would come down hard on me and cancel my season ticket and not allow the direct debit option in the future. If they want to try and bar me or anyone else of using this option in the future for rightly requesting a refund because of their mistake then I'm sure they would be on tricky ground there. 

For me the fact it came out late was of no consequence for me but as I said further up others may have thought that they had extra money in their accounts, not realising the payment hadn't been taken (as there wasnt any advance notice) and may have spent the money and have now missed their season ticket payment or they have spent the extra they had and then Bristol Sport took the payment so they are down, not ideal just before Xmas.

If my refund request is successful then I'll report back and urge everyone else to put in a request. 

Archived