IGNORED

Season Ticket Direct Debit

Cider-Head23

Update:

Refund has been issued. I urge everyone else to do the same. 

It was quite a simple process, I went onto my banking app and connected to live chat and wrote the following,

"My direct debit to Bristol Sport was supposed to be taken on the 1st, as this fell on the weekend it should have been taken on the 2nd, however it was deducted from my account on a date(5th) other than agreed with the organisation without any prior notification, as such under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, please re-credit my account accordingly"

55 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Update:

It was quite a simple process, I went onto my banking app and connected to live chat and wrote the following,

"My direct debit to Bristol Sport was supposed to be taken on the 1st, as this fell on the weekend it should have been taken on the 2nd, however it was deducted from my account on a date(5th) other than agreed with the organisation without any prior notification, as such under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, please re-credit my account accordingly"

Won’t that affect your season ticket in any way?

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Won’t that affect your season ticket in any way?

Shouldn't do, their mistake. 

• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Update:

Done, see what happens .

I hope they take your S/Ts away quite frankly.

Don't try and justify with their fault shit.

I hope your cretin actions do not make this company and hence City pull the plug on monthly payment options in the future.

Ebenezer is alive and well

11 minutes ago, Meh said:

I hope your cretin actions do not make this company and hence City pull the plug on monthly payment options in the future.

That's my concern. I wouldn't take a refund if my ticket was still valid.

Can you imagine being denied access to the Stadium due to your ticket being suspended.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Meh said:

Blimey @Meh thats a bit harsh mate, two people aren't going to affect a contract worth tens of thousands to a business

Though as the original site is "out there" they surely can't be the only firm to have had this used against them and no doubt this current crowd probably have already too? Though my personal opinion is it may be more applicable to those that maybe naively spend the money then when it comes to being taken go overdrawn?

But the bottom line it is the finance companies fault that it KEEPS happening that the money is taken late

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Take it your not requesting a refund that you are entitled to then?

Well who's fault was it then? Cos it clearly wasnt mine. Do you think its acceptable for an organisation to take direct debits late without prior notification? That's why the direct debit Guarantee is in place, to protect people from things like this.

They accepted the direct debit Guarantee terms and conditions when they signed up. Had they of taken the payment on the correct date, or given prior notification it would be taken out late then they would have been in breach of these terms and conditions. 

As I said above, some people dont follow their finances closely, they would have assumed that the payment was taken out and then maybe spent the money, for some they could be paying £100+ a month so they may well have unwittingly spent that money and now could find themselves in some difficulties, just before Xmas. That's why the direct debit Guarantee is in place.

Anyways, I believe the finance company gives Bristol City the money in advance. So it's the finance company that are losing out, not bcfc.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I wouldn't take the chance.

I did and I was successful. Whoever the finance company are will now have a chance to raise a complaint about this with the bank. If it comes back that I have to pay it then so be it but the regulations seem pretty clear. I dont think the finance company will make an issue of it and cancel my season ticket because quite simply they cant operate without direct debits and if they were found to be abusing the direct debit Guarantee then they may lose the ability to take direct debit payments.

32 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Take it your not requesting a refund that you are entitled to then?

Well who's fault was it then? Cos it clearly wasnt mine. Do you think its acceptable for an organisation to take direct debits late without prior notification? That's why the direct debit Guarantee is in place, to protect people from things like this.

They accepted the direct debit Guarantee terms and conditions when they signed up. Had they of taken the payment on the correct date, or given prior notification it would be taken out late then they would have been in breach of these terms and conditions. 

As I said above, some people dont follow their finances closely, they would have assumed that the payment was taken out and then maybe spent the money, for some they could be paying £100+ a month so they may well have unwittingly spent that money and now could find themselves in some difficulties, just before Xmas. That's why the direct debit Guarantee is in place.

Anyways, I believe the finance company gives Bristol City the money in advance. So it's the finance company that are losing out, not bcfc.

I've been ****** about by finance companies in the past, so sod 'em !

Cant believe some would argue about having money they planned to spend in there bank account for a couple of extra days. Are you sure that it involves a finance company?  I missed a payment once and had to phone supporters services to make the payment. The receipt came from Bristol Sport. As for Up The City! Complaining and getting there refund. I take it you never make any mistakes? I hope someone realises what you done and they suspend your ticket until they receive your payment for this month.

28 minutes ago, CS Red said:

Cant believe some would argue about having money they planned to spend in there bank account for a couple of extra days. Are you sure that it involves a finance company?  I missed a payment once and had to phone supporters services to make the payment. The receipt came from Bristol Sport. As for Up The City! Complaining and getting there refund. I take it you never make any mistakes? I hope someone realises what you done and they suspend your ticket until they receive your payment for this month.

It's a system that works for a variety of reasons - both as a payee and a customer.

If you have a joint account with money going in and out on fixed dates, people can manage their transactions to avoid charges, balance their books and know where they are.

When you go to pay for something on a card, the petrol station/supermarket don't give you your balance before you unload your shopping. People expect fixed payments to be taken on the agreed date. Likewise, if your employer says, 'I'll pay you on the 25th every month, unless it falls on a weekend, in which case, I'll bring it forward...' you would expect the money to be there.

If it wasn't, and your bank hit you with overdraft fees/interest, you wouldn't be happy.

Some pay by direct debit because that allows them to manage their money more efficiently, others because that is how they are able to go as they can't shell out a lump sum.

Regardless of why they have selected that payment method, both sides agree to a level of service. This comes with a guarantee.

1 hour ago, CS Red said:

What's your problem? 

The direct debit Guarantee makes it very clear that in a situation like this we are entitled to a full refund. I didnt make those rules did I? 

Yes I've made mistakes, in the past I may have missed my car insurance direct debit and then had to pay a late fee on top of that. I didnt like paying it but my mistake and that's the rules and the rules I agreed to when I took out car insurance.

If they wanna suspend my season ticket, that's fine, I'll fight them all the way tho. Im not being punished for their mistake. It was their mistake, not mine and it's not the 1st time this has happened either but the 1st time I've made a claim.

I hope if you ever have to go to Tesco or somewhere to get a refund on something, they ban you from all of their stores.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

What's your problem? 

The direct debit Guarantee makes it very clear that in a situation like this we are entitled to a full refund. I didnt make those rules did I? 

Yes I've made mistakes, in the past I may have missed my car insurance direct debit and then had to pay a late fee on top of that. I didnt like paying it but my mistake and that's the rules and the rules I agreed to when I took out car insurance.

If they wanna suspend my season ticket, that's fine, I'll fight them all the way tho. Im not being punished for their mistake. It was their mistake, not mine and it's not the 1st time this has happened either but the 1st time I've made a claim.

I hope if you ever have to go to Tesco or somewhere to get a refund on something, they ban you from all of their stores.

I guess you make a decent argument except that last paragraph that lets you down.

There is a major difference imo than agreeing to pay X amount over 10 months for a good or service and then effectively missing one payment versus returning a fully packaged item due to defect or non-requirement.

The latter can be resold or refunded by the secondary supplier according to the return circumstance.

The former is a 10% loss to the original supplier with no cost to the secondary supplier.

On 04/12/2019 at 13:45, phantom said:

I would be interested to know if the club are at fault in anyway here

Surely the whole point we sign a contract to agree to an amount being taken on a set date or the next working day must stand for something?

Like mentioned above, just imagine if we said we'll pay you next week!

The fact that it will at best be FOUR days late I would suggest there is a problem with completing the transactions - what IS piss poor is that there has been no contact or statement from the club

Well I actually missed a payment about 3 months ago and had a threatening letter so say that my season ticket would be cancelled and my seat sold to someone else. The best bit was they sent the same email to about 100 other people all with there email addresses visible. I thought about reporting it as a breach of GDPR as I was pretty pissed off at the time!

Archived