IGNORED

Anyone had one of these in their car?

fanjita

3 hours ago, fanjita said:

Think mine was in a mk2 Cortina 

Nice motor the Cortina 16E.  

I had one for about three years.

I did have some similar car items that had sucker pads sticking them to the rear window and some gashead scrawled ‘sheedhead ****’ in the grime when I was parked up. 

That put me right off having any City fan ID on display!

Many moons ago I was working in Nottingham one weekend and drove up on the Saturday morning. My car’s back window was plastered with cringy stickers proclaiming world-changing slogans such as “Don’t Follow Me Follow Bristol City...” - “City, We Are Bristol...” There’s Only One Team in Bristol...” along with the irrelevant yet highly hilarious “Actually I Do Own The Road...”

Anyway, long story short, da gas happened to be playing Notts County away on that Saturday so I was getting plenty of hand signals from the occupants of quite a few cars who clocked my stickers on the motorways ... and I also overtook the Roverzzz team bus so pulled in front of it and slowed right down to allow a few occupants to view my proud back window messaging.

So, I got to Nottingham and I was working at the Trent Bridge Cricket Ground - and it quickly became clear that one of the contractors I’d hired to work for me that weekend (from a London based company) had an accent that sounded suspiciously like he was a resident of the Fishponds/Staple Hill area of our fair city - his Penrice-esque moustache confirmed my worst fears and I quickly deduced he was a sag.

Now, fair play to him, he knew who was paying his wages that weekend and he was very respectful and humble and took my sledgehammer wit about his fave team in good grace - but I could tell he was itching to slip away and trudge the few hundred yards from Trent Bridge Cricket Ground to Meadow Lane to cheer on his heroes. I told him we were going to be way too busy for any of that nonsense and to his credit he only sulked for a short while before resigning himself to missing out on the glamour of a Notts County vs Roverzzz fixture .... and I still feel bad to this day but at 2.50pm I gave in and told him to go and watch his heroes ... he sprinted off and I docked his pay ...

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nice motor the Cortina 16E.  

I had one for about three years.

I did have some similar car items that had sucker pads sticking them to the rear window and some gashead scrawled ‘sheedhead ****’ in the grime when I was parked up. 

That put me right off having any City fan ID on display!

Must admit LJ's dad could be vindictive at times, bit cheeky of him to blame it on The Gas though to be fair. ?

Archived