IGNORED

Micah Richards

Davefevs

16 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Estimated £35k a week, much as you have sympathy with the player, that’s an awful lot of money for doing nothing. 

Of course it’s a lot of money. But he didn’t choose to be “doing nothing” did he? Sounds like a model pro and a fine man. 

17 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Estimated £35k a week, much as you have sympathy with the player, that’s an awful lot of money for doing nothing. 

I think that’s exactly the issue & when a player is seemingly constantly injured, it can seem like they are taking the piss & maybe this is part of the problem with football but even if a player took a 50% reduction in wages while out during a long term injury it would make fans feel a bit better about things & let’s be honest, if a player can’t survive on £17.5kp/w then there is something wrong with them! And yes, I know he’s entitled to the money because it’s in his contract etc & as I said, that’s football’s problem.

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I think that’s exactly the issue & when a player is seemingly constantly injured, it can seem like they are taking the piss & maybe this is part of the problem with football but even if a player took a 50% reduction in wages while out during a long term injury it would make fans feel a bit better about things & let’s be honest, if a player can’t survive on £17.5kp/w then there is something wrong with them! And yes, I know he’s entitled to the money because it’s in his contract etc & as I said, that’s football’s problem.

I have a contract at work, and if I went off long term sick I’d end up on statutory sick pay. Seems perfectly reasonable thy a footballer should suffer the same fate

5 minutes ago, city1983 said:

I have a contract at work, and if I went off long term sick I’d end up on statutory sick pay. Seems perfectly reasonable thy a footballer should suffer the same fate

You don't get what's fair in life, you get what you negotiate.

If sick pay is important to you, you either insist that it is part of your contract of employment, or you negotiate a salary that allows you to take out cover that provides that level of income.

I did read a story about 12 months ago, that Richard's was happy to reach a settlement with Villa, but the club weren't keen on the idea, as their continued support would make their inevitable insurance claim easier if they had ticked all the right boxes in trying to help the player recover.

Archived