IGNORED

Another career being thrown away...

Maesknoll Red

22 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

What on earth would make him steal a team mates watch?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49897317

That thing where some / most footballers think they are untouchable & can get away with doing whatever they want with no consequences?!?

The sooner these same people realise they are no better than anyone else, the better.

And before anyone says he’s only 18 & won’t be on that much, he’ll be on a hell of a lot more than the average 18 year-old & to put that into context, there was report about HNM joining us from Monaco & him being on about £2kp/w, so he should hardly be ‘hard up’!

46 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

He's a forward and he's now a free agent. OK so he is a bit of a tea leaf, not everyone's perfect. He might not fit our DNA, but if we take a sample of his DNA then it might make him think twice before he steals from teammates as he might leave some behind at the crime scene.

Perhaps he could pick the pockets of some of the defenders in possession 

7 hours ago, handsofclay said:

He's a forward and he's now a free agent. OK so he is a bit of a tea leaf, not everyone's perfect. He might not fit our DNA, but if we take a sample of his DNA then it might make him think twice before he steals from teammates as he might leave some behind at the crime scene.

He might nick a few goals for us.

24 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

(Allegedly) didn't do Andy Cole's career much harm. It was (allegedly) the reason we got him as easily as we did I thought?

Never realised that, I was always under the impression that it was basically his desire for first team football (confidence in his own ability) & whoever was Arsenal’s manager didn’t see it that way & Cole’s attitude pushed for him towards a move?

9 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Why would you spend £62k on a watch? I love horology and watches, but even if i had the money, nothing would make me part with that amount for a timepiece.

Because they can, and then add in the "look at me and what I got". No doubt if (big if) it was the most expensive in the dressing room, another player would have gone out and bought a watch for £75K. Surely we all know someone like that on a lower scale.

10 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Why would you spend £62k on a watch? I love horology and watches, but even if i had the money, nothing would make me part with that amount for a timepiece.

How about a rare,early Omega Speedmaster??...or numerous Omega "Limited Editions"...

The right watch can be a very,very sound investment indeed....

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Never realised that, I was always under the impression that it was basically his desire for first team football (confidence in his own ability) & whoever was Arsenal’s manager didn’t see it that way & Cole’s attitude pushed for him towards a move?

It was certainly the story going round at the time.

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

And before anyone says he’s only 18 & won’t be on that much, he’ll be on a hell of a lot more than the average 18 year-old & to put that into context, there was report about HNM joining us from Monaco & him being on about £2kp/w, so he should hardly be ‘hard up’!

The player from whom the watch was stolen - the owner of a £62,000 watch - is 21 years old. :no:

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I assume the kid had some idea of the value of the watch which is why he lifted it.

But how on earth does someone who has lived in the bubble of a football club know someone who cam fence such a high-value (and probably) rate item.

You could hardly take it to cash converters.

You'd be surprised how many watch dealers/sellers there are..Especially when you're living in Nice and only a couple of hours away from Monaco

19 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The player from whom the watch was stolen - the owner of a £62,000 watch - is 21 years old. :no:

Had a stadium tour of Stamford Bridge a few years ago, there was a display if very expensive watches for sale (club sponsors.. Rotary perhaps?) costing thousands... 

Anyway the guide told us that all the first team squad members was given them!  

Archived