IGNORED

Does Bristol City have an SLO?

Mr Popodopolous

There was a post by @The Original OTIB around the time of the discontent with Johnson IIRC.

Listed these email addresses- the format seems the same for each one.

doug.harman@bcfc.co.uk

keith.dawe@bcfc.co.uk

jon.lansdown@bcfc.co.uk

ernie.arathoon@bcfc.co.uk

Format- unless he has his own funky one or is under Bristol Sport- appears to be first name.last name@bcfc.co.uk.

Could've changed since then?

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Does mark ashton have an email address?

If you are going to write I’d surmise that Jon Lansdown would be a better one to write too

Would  it not be a good idea if the SC&T contacted the Club ‘Officially’ , and asked the question directly ?

And if true , their reasons ?

Just a thought / suggestion  ?

@Blagdon red

@Dollymarie

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you are going to write I’d surmise that Jon Lansdown would be a better one to write too

Would  it not be a good idea if the SC&T contacted the Club ‘Officially’ , and asked the question directly ?

And if true , their reasons ?

Just a thought / suggestion  ?

@Blagdon red

@Dollymarie

Yes, best to do it officially. A load of supporters just sending random emails will be ignored.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes- and...?

A single daft remark in response to a daft point- seriously though, can you tell us why you think the SLO has been instructed to stay off?

Back to the point- I wonder if this Tweet- that someone sent last night- will get a response of any kind?

I don’t bother with twitter but just looked at his twitter accounts 

TWO tweets , one a re-tweet about not standing since the beginning of August !!

Hes really engaging with fans on social media isn’t he 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t bother with twitter but just looked at his twitter accounts 

TWO tweets , one a re-tweet about not standing since the beginning of August !!

Hes really engaging with fans on social media isn’t he 

Replies will show more but it's piss-poor.

I did a calculation the other day that he had made inclusive of the replies 12 in a week.

It's possible he engages on FB, though I don't know for sure as I don't use it that much- not seen any evidence of it but again maybe I'm in the wrong Fans Group. I say on Twitter front 12 in a week, more like Monday 23rd September 2019 to the end of yesterday. Still it seems to be creeping up steadily...

Doesn't include DMs of course, he may do plenty of these- honestly no idea on that front though.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Replies will show more but it's pisspoor.

I did a calculation the other day that he had made inclusive of the replies 12 in a week.

It's possible he engages on FB, though I don't know for sure. I say on Twitter front 12 in a week, more like Monday 23rd September 2019 to the end of yesterday. Still it's creeping up steadily...

Doesn't include DMs of course, he may do plenty of these.

Thanks - ( shows my knowledge of twitter !)

can see ‘replies’ now 

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Agreed - but you have to question the long term wisdom of such a policy. 

Exactly.

If we ever get a really bad season and  new fans decide to go back supporting Chelsea etc then  the club may have to reconsider an awful lot of how it engages with its core support.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

On the Bristol Bears board Tom Tainton, from their media team, was active as recently as August on there  - so it would be a bit weird if we had one forum blackout rule for the City but a completely different approach to the Bears. 

That also appears to be defunct now.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

That also appears to be defunct now.

I think it was a season 18/19 thread - and it seemed that there would be a 19/20 thread pinned closer to the start of the season proper. Either way, he has been in direct "liaison" with fans (even as a media bod) until only a few weeks ago. Rugby has a much closer relationship with their fans than the nasty football - stuff like the Clubhouse etc after the game at AG bears (way-hey, pun intended) testament to that. 

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was a post by @The Original OTIB around the time of the discontent with Johnson IIRC.

Format- unless he has his own funky one or is under Bristol Sport- appears to be first name.last name@bcfc.co.uk.

mark.ashton@bristol-sport.co.uk

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cross reference these with LinkedIn Sales Navigator & you may be able to confirm any active emails.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/linkedin-sales-navigator/hihakjfhbmlmjdnnhegiciffjplmdhin?hl=en

(Little tip from my job hunting days & contacting bosses bosses etc, directly, to show initiative.)

8 hours ago, phantom said:

When you look at what the role is supposed to involved there are lots of things not being done

http://fsf.org.uk/assets/Downloads/SLOs/UEFA-SUPPORTER-LIAISON-OFFICER-HANDBOOK.pdf

'5.2 Minimum requirements for SLOs SLOs should meet the following minimum requirements: • The SLO must be available as the main point of contact at the club for supporters. • The SLO manages the information flow/communications/dialogue between the fans and the club. • The SLO liaises and builds relationships with the various supporter groups, other liaison officers, the football association, league, police, etc. • The SLO must be credible with fans and therefore should have experience and contact with the networks in the club’s fan base. • The SLO gathers feedback, and monitors and evaluates the project.'

My personal view on the SLO is that they should be employed by fifa or some footballing body, not employed by football clubs. If they are employed by the club then they're already in their pockets and have to say yes to them. They should be independant of the club.

9 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

On the Bristol Bears board Tom Tainton, from their media team, was active as recently as August on there  - so it would be a bit weird if we had one forum blackout rule for the City but a completely different approach to the Bears. 

It's been pretty much a blackout, prior to that tiny burst of posts he hadn't been seen in months despite having a thread in which he claimed he would be available through. Everything went unanswered. He then said a new thread was going to be made, the old one was unpinned and now we have nothing at all. Last year was great on that front, this one has been very poor.

Not too impressed right now. Seems Bristol Sport as a collective want to control (marketing only/yes people) rather than have genuine avenues of communications and feedback.

57 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

Not too impressed right now. Seems Bristol Sport as a collective want to control (marketing only/yes people) rather than have genuine avenues of communications and feedback.

Exactly this. Want to interact when it suits them. Such a shame. 

5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Cross reference these with LinkedIn Sales Navigator & you may be able to confirm any active emails.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/linkedin-sales-navigator/hihakjfhbmlmjdnnhegiciffjplmdhin?hl=en

(Little tip from my job hunting days & contacting bosses bosses etc, directly, to show initiative.)

Thanks- yeah used it myself once or twice, not for a while though!

Don't have it at this time- dunno if I want club officials knowing I looked at their LinkedIn however! ?

This sounds very Lisa Knights. The club going for “style” over substance when replacing AB isn’t miles away from this. All the image of wonderful PR and so on, without actually having to engage with the riff-raff.

I know this place is held in contempt by some at AG and it is a little off the wall sometimes but they could do a lot better than looking down on their own fan base.

In the interests of balance I feel compelled to share my recent experience of the SLO.

As some of you may recall from the Swansea match thread, my son Daniel and I (both members) had bought tickets for the match, but had to miss the game as he was admitted to hospital that weekend for urgent surgery to remove his appendix, having become very poorly.  He was actually in the operating theatre while the match was in progress.  Thankfully he is now on the mend and returned to school this week.

The following Monday after the Swansea match I emailed the SLO, Ryan, to explain the circumstances.  Ryan was exceptionally helpful and polite in his correspondence.  He arranged for our tickets to be transferred to a future match at no cost (we are now coming to the Reading game).  He then said he would make sure they give Daniel a shout-out over the tannoy at the Reading game.  Most impressive was that we also got a video message for Daniel from Callum O'Dowda, wishing him well in his recovery and saying he hoped to see him at Ashton Gate again soon!  You can imagine how much that meant to a City-mad 8 year old!  It was a lovely gesture.

So my experience was a very positive one.  Ryan went above and beyond to help us.

13 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

This sounds very Lisa Knights. The club going for “style” over substance when replacing AB isn’t miles away from this. All the image of wonderful PR and so on, without actually having to engage with the riff-raff.

I know this place is held in contempt by some at AG and it is a little off the wall sometimes but they could do a lot better than looking down on their own fan base.

I can't believe the suits consider this place to be a contemptible hive of irrelevance.

An insight into the mood of the fan should be of great interest to them. 

If anyone does write to the club about the Lord Lucan of SLOs, what odds do you think we'll get on the club asking 'Downsy' to make a statement about it on Saturday, safe in the knowledge that no bugger will hear it in the 42mil stadium because they are still using a PA system they got in the Tandy closing down sale back in '92.

Archived