IGNORED

Does Bristol City have an SLO?

Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Go directly to the club - a simple phone call.

Not always. I had a query last season with season tickets and the ticket staff could'nt help. I got help in the end from the SLO and pointed me in the direction of someone who could.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Go directly to the club - a simple phone call.

An example just from me

Earlier in the week the Direct debit never got taken for this months season ticket so tried numerous times to phone - got no answer

So sent an email - got no answer

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

An example just from me

Earlier in the week the Direct debit never got taken for this months season ticket so tried numerous times to phone - got no answer

So sent an email - got no answer

Can anyone from the SC&T assist with this type of query?

If she were interested in the SLO role Dolls would do a cracking job. 

Well known by pretty much all the officials the club, heavily involved in the SC&T........perfect candidate imo.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well known by pretty much all the officials the club, heavily involved in the SC&T........perfect candidate imo.

Ha god no! Enough of them there already don’t like me because I’m not afraid to speak my mind! Wouldn’t toe the line enough for them and wouldn’t therefore last 5 minutes :D 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think you are failing to understand the SLO have to do as they are told as they are employees of Bristol Sport.

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Ha god no! Enough of them there already don’t like me because I’m not afraid to speak my mind! Wouldn’t toe the line enough for them and wouldn’t therefore last 5 minutes :D 

That’s a shame Dolls - someone who is prepared to ruffle a few feathers would be an advantage in breaking thru the bureaucracy at AG.

Next time you see the main man put yourself forward as a candidate for the job. With him on your side things will be much easier.

8 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I think you are failing to understand the SLO have to do as they are told as they are employees of Bristol Sport.

They should be a bridge though, shouldn't they? Not just taking one side- admittedly that of their employer!

(Whether it actually works like that in practice is of course, very different thing).

What I'm saying I guess, is the appointee should have more autonomy and freedom than they do.

@solihull cider red

Who said anything about just this forum in isolation? Yes they should be on here, but also FB, City Till I die being the main one, WTMS and any other FB groups IMO.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That’s a shame Dolls - someone who is prepared to ruffle a few feathers would be an advantage in breaking thru the bureaucracy at AG.

Next time you see the main man put yourself forward as a candidate for the job. With him on your side things will be much easier.

I’d happily ruffle feathers, problem is the club don’t want someone who will do that. They have a named SLO to meet the UEFA requirement, but they have absolutely no interest in actually properly listening to fans concerns and comments, nor acting on them. Stuff the SC&T have been banging on about for years in some cases. They’re quite happy doing what they want, how they want, and don’t actually want to have any kind of meaningful liaison or interactions with the very fans who keep them in jobs.  Sad state of affairs really. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’d happily ruffle feathers, problem is the club don’t want someone who will do that. They have a named SLO to meet the UEFA requirement, but they have absolutely no interest in actually properly listening to fans concerns and comments, nor acting on them. Stuff the SC&T have been banging on about for years in some cases. They’re quite happy doing what they want, how they want, and don’t actually want to have any kind of meaningful liaison or interactions with the very fans who keep them in jobs.  Sad state of affairs really. 

Even more reason why you should put yourself forward and why you should talk to the main man............:cool2:

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It would be an utterly pointless exercise sadly. They don’t care enough as long as the pennies keep rolling in. 

BS best hope we stay on an upward trajectory then Dolly because the pennies won't roll in if people stop coming and they may have to review the approach.

Bittersweet really - the better we do (which we all want) the less fans are valued it seems.

I don't expect too much from the powers that be anyway so I don't get as upset as many fans with a greater investment in the club do.

23 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I won't do that. I'll contact him and give him the (further) opportunity to come one here first. 

Perhaps a call from our local rag might get some sort of reaction, The Post must still have a bit of influence...

Organisations are very sensitive to publicity, they crave the positive and often go to great lengths to avoid the negative..  Bristol Sport are clearly firmly in that category!  … this is one issue they can easily and painlessly sort in the interests of everyone concerned.. or if ignored can leave a sour taste in the mouths of thousands of supports, tarnishing the all too important  'good will ' that's been hard earned through years of hard work... 

Lip Service is no longer acceptable to increasingly savvy and demanding fan bases, mutual respect is fundamental to continued success.. Dont lose sight of the little things.

Bristol Post.. are you reading this? :phone:   Bristol Sport, are you shaking in your corporate shoes yet. 

On 02/10/2019 at 12:13, ChippenhamRed said:

In the interests of balance I feel compelled to share my recent experience of the SLO.

As some of you may recall from the Swansea match thread, my son Daniel and I (both members) had bought tickets for the match, but had to miss the game as he was admitted to hospital that weekend for urgent surgery to remove his appendix, having become very poorly.  He was actually in the operating theatre while the match was in progress.  Thankfully he is now on the mend and returned to school this week.

The following Monday after the Swansea match I emailed the SLO, Ryan, to explain the circumstances.  Ryan was exceptionally helpful and polite in his correspondence.  He arranged for our tickets to be transferred to a future match at no cost (we are now coming to the Reading game).  He then said he would make sure they give Daniel a shout-out over the tannoy at the Reading game.  Most impressive was that we also got a video message for Daniel from Callum O'Dowda, wishing him well in his recovery and saying he hoped to see him at Ashton Gate again soon!  You can imagine how much that meant to a City-mad 8 year old!  It was a lovely gesture.

So my experience was a very positive one.  Ryan went above and beyond to help us.

Credit where due... More of this sort of thing please Bristol Sport well done ?.. 

Lend an ear to respectful supporters on Otib too though eh? 

(the mods are committed to sortting the wheat from the chaff, minimising abusive posts and timewasters)   

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It would be an utterly pointless exercise sadly. They don’t care enough as long as the pennies keep rolling in. 

How does that song lyric go? … 'If You Tolerate This …..'  etc 

Very true lyric ….

..  it sounds like the SC&T are demoralised, brow beaten by the big boys, Stand Your Ground keep banging your heads against the wall until the cracks reappear and they have to respect you beyond mere lip service. Now is not the time to be cowed into apathetic defeatism, to meekly accept the crumbs handed down from above, keep on keeping on until you take your place at the top table and supporters voices are truly heard.. 

Appears the whole thing has been little more an organised PR campaign on behalf of the organisation to gently control the more high profile support while giving the appearance of genuine and meaningful partnership, they are winning in this deception, its clear from your comments that the SC&T have been slowly worn down... Fight for you right to parity!

• SC&T Board Members
8 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

How does that song lyric go? … 'If You Tolerate This …..'  etc 

Very true lyric ….

..  it sounds like the SC&T are demoralised, brow beaten by the big boys, Stand Your Ground keep banging your heads against the wall until the cracks reappear and they have to respect you beyond mere lip service. Now is not the time to be cowed into apathetic defeatism, to meekly accept the crumbs handed down from above, keep on keeping on until you take your place at the top table and supporters voices are truly heard.. 

Appears the whole thing has been little more an organised PR campaign on behalf of the organisation to gently control the more high profile support while giving the appearance of genuine and meaningful partnership, they are winning in this deception, its clear from your comments that the SC&T have been slowly worn down... Fight for you right to parity!

We're not worn down, don't worry!

The SLO situation was discussed at the last meeting and, as things have not got any better, it will receive more urgent attention at our next meeting on Wednesday, to which, as Dolly says, everyone is invited, as always (7.30pm in the Supporters Bar).

Just an observation from me. I know for a fact as supporters were boarding coaches on Wednesday to go to Brentford our Lesser Spotted SLO was looking on. He was seen amongst the crowd but I didn’t see him liasing with anyone, how could he as nobody bloody well knows him! I don’t know if he travelled as I didn’t see him again. 3pm was in work time, so I assume he was there in an official capacity. I don’t think he normally attends away games, certainly didn’t before be was appointed anyway.

Fast forward to Brentford. Ok she wasn’t their SLO I don’t think but there was at least one girl dressed in a ‘happy to help’ jacket assisting and talking to fans, both home and away. I’ve seen this plenty of times at other grounds and concerts too. I think it might be a starting point for our SLO, bloody well at least identify yourself!!!

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the "Happy to Help" jacketed staff, didn't we have that or something similar not long after the redevelopment?

Pretty sure we did, at one stage. Matchday liaision staff, something like this seems to ring a bell.

Yes we did, but can't say I have seen them about recently

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think it might be a starting point for our SLO, bloody well at least identify yourself!!!

He could actually be stood next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know him

Matt Parsons was good at putting himself around and ensuring people knew who he was

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Matt Parsons was good at putting himself around and ensuring people knew who he was

This poor bloke is no doubt a lovely chap, but he looked scared to death that someone might speak to him. I actually felt for him as he has be placed into a role he probably doesn’t want and hasn’t got the people skills to do. He probably has fantastic IT skills, give him a PC and no people and that’s where he is comfortable. 

As for Matt Parsons, the role was only a stepping stone until he could get back to liasing with the players. He did similar for Arsenal before he took the role here apparently. 

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yes, met Matt in Marbella. Very nice chap who was very helpful.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the "Happy to Help" jacketed staff, didn't we have that or something similar not long after the redevelopment?

Pretty sure we did, at one stage. Matchday liaision staff, something like this seems to ring a bell.

Yes we did. A team of volunteers who reported to me. They got a match ticket in return for helping out before games. They were brilliant: helping disabled fans, welcoming home and away fans, pointing people in the right direction of it was their first visit to AG. . I always saw them as extra SLOs and they did a great job.

Archived