IGNORED

Does Bristol City have an SLO?

Mr Popodopolous

On an interesting note. Saw an article by that- insert phrase here-Rod Liddle!

Apparently he has written about Millwall, departute of Harris- and part of his article about football message boards.Wouldn't do a cause like this any favours!

Will dig out the article. Temped to send him if I can find a relevant email address or the Sunday Times an email feedback wise on his article- if he has a Sunday Times email others may wish to send him their feedback!

I notice that Matt Parsons- our old SLO- reads threads on here from time to time.

You might be interested @bristolcitysweden - is it a case of the club observing (watching/monitoring) but not engaging? Second worst of all worlds basically. Or am I overly suspicious- simply a case of a club employee reading a good forum?

@BobBobSuperBob @phantom @Dollymarie @Blagdon red @Bristol Rob @Riaz may also be interested. That survey I'll definitely fill in today.

Or is it, in fact a good thing, that demonstrably proves that people from the club do read this site?

club presence on here.png

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I notice that Matt Parsons- our old SLO- reads threads on here from time to time.

You might be interested @bristolcitysweden - is it a case of the club observing (watching/monitoring) but not engaging? Second worst of all worlds basically. Or am I overly suspicious- simply a case of a club employee reading a good forum?

@BobBobSuperBob @phantom @Dollymarie @Blagdon red @Bristol Rob @Riaz may also be interested. That survey I'll definitely fill in today.

Or is it, in fact a good thing, that demonstrably proves that people from the club do read this site?

club presence on here.png

"We" changed Matt's "status" from "Club Employee" to "Member" when he changed roles

I believe Matt now visits this site as a supporter of the club and not in any official capacity

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

"We" changed Matt's "status" from "Club Employee" to "Member" when he changed roles

I believe Matt now visits this site as a supporter of the club and not in any official capacity

Would hope that at some point (if he hasn't already), Matt re-registers under a generic user handle, and posts as a fan rather than an employee.

• Admin

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/201920/efl-slo-directory_2019_20.pdf

What’s an SLO or a DAO we hear many ask? SLO stands for supporter liaison officer and DAO is disability access officer. Neither are especially new roles within football but neither roles are as well known amongst fans as we would like, so we are committed to raising their profile.

The best SLOs and DAOs can make a difference to your matchday.

A good SLO can build bridges between the club and its fans and its more art form than science. They can help facilitate fan engagement structures, advocate for the fans’ voice within a club, and liaise with stewards, police, and counterparts at opposition clubs.

They are a point of contact for supporters both home and away and can be club employees or volunteers – some clubs even have a mixture of both. We believe they should be active and available on matchdays.

In July 2015 UEFA said clubs who wished to compete in their competitions must appoint a disability access officer (DAO) to support the provision of inclusive, accessible facilities and services. DAOs are responsible for
supporting and advising their club in relation to improving access and inclusion for disabled supporters, employees, volunteers and players.

In the coming months we’ll develop this section of the FSA website with FAQs and case studies so fans better understand the roles and supporters’ groups have resources which they can take to their clubs. If you know of examples of good practice and your club relating to SLOs or DAOs we’d love to hear from you.

Resources:

Contacts:

If you search for supporter liaison officer or disability access officer plus the name of the relevant club you should be able to find the person you need. If you are having serious trouble finding the contact you need let us know and we will try and find that information for you.

We do try and maintain an accurate SLO contact list but it is a constantly moving target as people change roles, but we hope the below list is useful. If you notice an error, required update, or know of a non-league club SLO that isn’t on our list, please let us know: info@thefsa.org.uk

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I personally think you're doing a great job as it is @phantom. Keep us informed on what's happening at the club and other information like trains, coaches etc etc which is great. just what we need thanks

I did notice Matt Parsons is still listed as the SLO on the staff listing.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not exactly actively engaging with fans though.

I agree his profile could be higher and more could be done with a meet and greet team on matchdays, but his failure to be on here officially has led to some unfair criticism.  He is clearly not a figment of anyone's imagination.

17 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I agree his profile could be higher and more could be done with a meet and greet team on matchdays, but his failure to be on here officially has led to some unfair criticism.  He is clearly not a figment of anyone's imagination.

Under 'corporate' orders as far as Otib is concerned I believe, why the f does the club feel it necessary to keep their 'supporter liaison officer' away from a sizeable group of supporters, supporters with a good mix of views and opinions, what better way for the club to gauge the up to date feelings of its fan base, see whats good/not so good from the current grassroots point of view of the club. 

Mystifying really. 

PS... Think I should whack a few of  these ????? and these …… into this post. ? 

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Under 'corporate' orders as far as Otib is concerned I believe, why the f does the club feel it necessary to keep their 'supporter liaison officer' away from a sizeable group of supporters, supporters with a good mix of views and opinions, what better way for the club to gauge the up to date feelings of its fan base, see whats good/not so good from the current grassroots point of view of the club. 

Mystifying really. 

I am sure they monitor it.

On 26/10/2019 at 15:47, WhistleHappy said:

Mystifying really. 

PS... Think I should whack a few of  these ????? and these …… into this post. ? 

On 26/10/2019 at 15:51, Drew Peacock said:

I am sure they monitor it.

On 26/10/2019 at 15:54, WhistleHappy said:

….bet they do, bit too 'arms length' though.

Easiest thing in the world.

It's an open forum- go onto OTIB, go to Football Chat ie the main part, read at your leisure for the relevant bits- don't need to make an account,  not at all.

@Bristol Rob Entirely his prerogative of course, but I noticed that since he in forum terms became a fan again and is no longer here as a club employee, he's posted...oh all of zero times. Dunno if that's relevant though!

Makes you wonder how many club employees or Bristol Sport employees are lurking on here, but hidden in- or out of- plain sight!

Remember DerbyFan? Not our club but I wonder if they were a mere fan.

Supporters liaison, disability liaison make absolutely no difference at our club, there seems to be no-one reading emails, if there were, then those of us that have emailed the club recently would have been happy to have received a reply!

when will they fix the disadvantage of disabled supporters, unable to book away tickets because they can’t book online, and the designated extension for disable supporters is not answered

The SC&T are going to be bringing this up I believe? The SLO issue I mean.

There is a disability related SLO too- Gareth Torpy- has quite a good rep. Worth contacting him?

It's even mentioned that Ryan Corrigan can respond quickly, a few have reported this to be the case- but his lack of engagement on here for example, as instructed by the club leaves a big lag!

I reckon the club are still sulking from when things were at their most toxic in LJ's first full season, pretty much everyone connected to the club was getting stick and some of the more 'forthright' posters on here were demanding Adam Baker speak out against the club and demand the sacking of LJ, which was never going to happen.

The interaction has reduced ever since, leading to the situation we have now.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The SC&T are going to be bringing this up I believe? The SLO issue I mean.

There is a disability related SLO too- Gareth Torpy- has quite a good rep. Worth contacting him?

It's even mentioned that Ryan Corrigan can respond quickly, a few have reported this to be the case- but his lack of engagement on here for example, as instructed by the club leaves a big lag!

I understand that the SLO is not allowed to post on here................:cool2:

Whoever the SLO is and in order to fulfil the role effectively they should not be an  employee  of the club but an independent.

In the dealings Ive had with both SLO’s regarding the shambolic PA system in the Dolman both said they’d talk to the people in charge.........I told them both that I’d already spoken directly  to the stadium manger and still nothing has been done to fix the PA system.

On this particular matter both were simply ineffective.

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I reckon the club are still sulking from when things were at their most toxic in LJ's first full season, pretty much everyone connected to the club was getting stick and some of the more 'forthright' posters on here were demanding Adam Baker speak out against the club and demand the sacking of LJ, which was never going to happen.

The interaction has reduced ever since, leading to the situation we have now.

But it was hardly just something that was exclusive to here. Once again OTIB gets singled out because it’s the most popular 

Archived