IGNORED

Glastonbury 2020

winterbournered

Hoping to get coach tickets tomorrow. It was an absolute ball ache going from London on the coach last year as the coach station was the O2. From there we went north and ended up going past Watford. I think it took 6 hours by the time we arrived, despite there being little traffic on site. With Worthy View priority being given to coach ticket holders, I'm hoping we get them early doors. 

I thought i'd add that i've been to Glastonbury a fair few times and last year we stayed in WV for the first time. It's completely ruined the festival for me as I now get chills thinking about camping with you riff raff. ?

23 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Nah, better off watching it on the box

Have you been out of interest? 

5 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Hoping to get coach tickets tomorrow. It was an absolute ball ache going from London on the coach last year as the coach station was the O2. From there we went north and ended up going past Watford. I think it took 6 hours by the time we arrived, despite there being little traffic on site. With Worthy View priority being given to coach ticket holders, I'm hoping we get them early doors. 

I thought i'd add that i've been to Glastonbury a fair few times and last year we stayed in WV for the first time. It's completely ruined the festival for me as I now get chills thinking about camping with you riff raff. ?

Have you been out of interest? 

I haven't, no

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I haven't, no

I'd recommend it. My Dad went for his 60th this year having never been to anything like it before. He's desperate to secure tickets for 2020. Admittedly the camping is a pain and not everyone likes crowds but in terms of entertainment, what you see on TV is only 20% of it. There really is something there for everyone. 

9 hours ago, Coppello said:

I'd recommend it. My Dad went for his 60th this year having never been to anything like it before. He's desperate to secure tickets for 2020. Admittedly the camping is a pain and not everyone likes crowds but in terms of entertainment, what you see on TV is only 20% of it. There really is something there for everyone. 

Not directly aimed at AG above but I always laugh at people who slag it off and then have never been. It really isn't anything like the papers portray. 

Coach sale sounded brutal. I know a group of 30 and not one of them got past the holding screen.  So many people who’ve never been on my Facebook seemed to be trying this year too. 

Not getting hopes up for Sunday 

19 hours ago, TomF said:

Coach sale sounded brutal. I know a group of 30 and not one of them got past the holding screen.  So many people who’ve never been on my Facebook seemed to be trying this year too. 

Not getting hopes up for Sunday 

I've been fortunate that friends have managed to secure tickets in previous years but we had no luck on Thursday. I don't think I've even seen a holding page for about 5 years as it's never loaded!

I lucked out massively. A mate got through for me after a couple of minutes, then I got through myself for first time in years after about 20 mins and got tickets for 6 others. Only got 12 out of our 30+ person group tho. Feeing very lucky personally, bit gutted most of regular gang have missed out. will chuck everything at the resale for those who missed out now 

5 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I lucked out massively. A mate got through for me after a couple of minutes, then I got through myself for first time in years after about 20 mins and got tickets for 6 others. Only got 12 out of our 30+ person group tho. Feeing very lucky personally, bit gutted most of regular gang have missed out. will chuck everything at the resale for those who missed out now 

So many regulars seem to have missed out this year. I guess 160,000 into 2.4m was never going to be a nice outcome for most 

I have no idea why but that was the best it’s been for me.

Trying for 7 tickets for myself and friends on 2 iPads, both iPads went straight to holding page dead on 9! I was on that for about 10 mins then 1 went to booking page literally 2 seconds later the other went through also, 2 minutes later 7 tickets secured!

Good luck to all in the re-sale!

2 hours ago, winterbournered said:

I have no idea why but that was the best it’s been for me.

Trying for 7 tickets for myself and friends on 2 iPads, both iPads went straight to holding page dead on 9! I was on that for about 10 mins then 1 went to booking page literally 2 seconds later the other went through also, 2 minutes later 7 tickets secured!

Good luck to all in the re-sale!

I am a believer that you don't choose Glastonbury; Glastonbury chooses you. In the past I've been able to get through again after purchasing tickets. To those going - enjoy!

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Got through twice to the payment stage and both times it crashed.

Disappointed but my luck with the resales is good. I’ve been to Glastonbury twice before and both times I got the tickets on the resales.

It really shouldn’t be crashing at that point. Piss poor from See 

4 hours ago, Coppello said:

I am a believer that you don't choose Glastonbury; Glastonbury chooses you. In the past I've been able to get through again after purchasing tickets. To those going - enjoy!

Ha I’ve been using that quote all week to my mates, 4 who’ve never been!They were texting this morning... It only went and bloody chose us ha 

9 hours ago, TomF said:

So many regulars seem to have missed out this year. I guess 160,000 into 2.4m was never going to be a nice outcome for most 

My whole group failed. I'm trying to think of how to spend that weekend on similar cash. Ideas welcome (and no, I won't be watching it on TV!)

I got six, well my boy got six tickets. My iPad got stage fright and froze. First time in five years we managed to get through. I thought I may have been blackballed for all the times I may or may not have jumped the fence before they put up they gurt big uns. On that point, it's made it much better without the gangs of scousers and mancs robing tents, the whole tent.

15 hours ago, mozo said:

My whole group failed. I'm trying to think of how to spend that weekend on similar cash. Ideas welcome (and no, I won't be watching it on TV!)

I nearly laid into my mate who said 'watch it on TV' - its the typical response from anyone who's never been to Glasto.   I don't go to be a sheep and watch the stuff at the pyramid for three days..  I go to see my friends, find a whole new wave of music, art, etc all over the site.  Oh and drink a wee bit on the way....

21 hours ago, TomF said:

I nearly laid into my mate who said 'watch it on TV' - its the typical response from anyone who's never been to Glasto.   I don't go to be a sheep and watch the stuff at the pyramid for three days..  I go to see my friends, find a whole new wave of music, art, etc all over the site.  Oh and drink a wee bit on the way....

Yeah, same.

Any ideas for Glasto alternatives? Anyone? Help!

Archived