IGNORED

Glastonbury 2020

winterbournered

2 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Just watched it, absolutely brilliant, don't know how I missed this back in 2003. Arthur died 3 years later.  They were backed by the Stockholm Strings and Brass, who also backed Brian Wilson's Band during the mid to late 2000s, notably when they toured the long awaited Smile album with him in 2004, and carried on touring with him for a few years after.  One of them was unfortunately killed in the Tsunami.

Getting back to Love, Forever Changes is a fantastic album, to see it performed live (albeit on TV) makes you realise just how sophisticated a piece of music it is, with the orchestrated performances on every track.  Way ahead of its time! Could not get over the young faces in the crowd (many knowing every word of the songs), considering it would have been released 36 years prior to that performance, and was never a "commercial" success!

One of my more unusual gig highlights was seeing the Bluetones at the Fleece. First encore they played a cover of “Between Clark and Hilldale”. About 5 of us in the crowd (complete strangers) knew from the opening chords what it was and ran to each other across the room in a mini mosh.

If you know and have heard Forever Changes, I don’t know how you can’t love it

6 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Just watched it, absolutely brilliant, don't know how I missed this back in 2003. Arthur died 3 years later.  They were backed by the Stockholm Strings and Brass, who also backed Brian Wilson's Band during the mid to late 2000s, notably when they toured the long awaited Smile album with him in 2004, and carried on touring with him for a few years after.  One of them was unfortunately killed in the Tsunami.

Getting back to Love, Forever Changes is a fantastic album, to see it performed live (albeit on TV) makes you realise just how sophisticated a piece of music it is, with the orchestrated performances on every track.  Way ahead of its time! Could not get over the young faces in the crowd (many knowing every word of the songs), considering it would have been released 36 years prior to that performance, and was never a "commercial" success!

To correct my own mistake, it was The Stockholm Strings and Horns!

• Admin
On 24/06/2020 at 08:01, internetjef said:

When I started going ten years ago I didn’t always have too much of an appetite (cough),

Some great memories and posts on this thread, this point resonates with me, I can remember spending 4 days at an event and only eating once - because I thought I should have something.....

Some of these posts are fairly Glastonbury specific, but many can relate to general feeling about festivals, one of my favourite, smaller festivals is Fairport Convention's Cropredy, they done some festival merch this year, even though it's not going ahead.

T shirt.png

Archived