IGNORED

Nathan Jones - Mr Invulnerable?

reddogkev

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Very bad decision to jump ship at Luton when promotion was a shoe-in, even in January, and when they had lots of upward momentum. Stoke have been in a downward spiral for some time and he was fairly fortunate that they stayed clear of relegation last season. Not the first and certainly won't be the last manager to jump ship for a so say bigger name though.

How many managers who leave a club actually work out.  We might have the only successful one at the moment and that wasn't without quite a wobbly stage early on. Perhaps Stoke look at LJ riding through it and think Jones will ? 

18 hours ago, downendcity said:

You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall
You said you had to get away to ease your mind
And all you needed was a little of time

Appropriate?

I wonder if Sir Eltons lyrics are more appropriate!

"And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home"

• Admin
2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Quick someone get the shit joke in...

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You must mean.....”.job for Cotts”...............:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

That’s the one 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Well, he had been around too long.

This is the joke that I thought he meant...

Maybe an age thing?

It's amazing how much Stoke's stock has dropped over the course of the year. I remember before Jones was appointed, there was some vague speculation about Lee Johnson being linked with the job. It was never very serious but I remember some people wondering if LJ would be tempted to make the step up. I don't think anyone would see it a step up at the moment...

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It's amazing how much Stoke's stock has dropped over the course of the year. I remember before Jones was appointed, there was some vague speculation about Lee Johnson being linked with the job. It was never very serious but I remember some people wondering if LJ would be tempted to make the step up. I don't think anyone would see it a step up at the moment...

If we get beat tonight at Barnsley....there will be a few on here willing to drive LJ to Stoke ???

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The year that we beat them in the League Cup they were fully trying to win it- according to Crouch.

36 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Stoke now refused permission to talk to Alex Neil about the vacancy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50274819

Contrary to reports on Talksport today, Preston North End Football Club can confirm the following.

1. Stoke City Football Club have not been given permission to speak our contracted manager Alex Neil.
  2. As a result of the reports that were made this lunch time, there are now no circumstances under which Stoke City would be given permission to speak to Alex Neil.
  3. We have today reported Stoke City to the EFL for an illegal approach.

There will be no further comment at this stage.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2019/november/club-statement/

Archived