IGNORED

Jack Hunt, again (Merged)

Kid in the Riot

He was very certainly one of our better players today. Was really worried when LJ made the changes and it meant Hunt had so much more one on one defending to do. We know he can struggle when up against real quality wingers, but he did really well to keep that quality winger getting past him. The ball for the goal real quality.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was very certainly one of our better players today. Was really worried when LJ made the changes and it meant Hunt had so much more one on one defending to do. We know he can struggle when up against real quality wingers, but he did really well to keep that quality winger getting past him. The ball for the goal real quality.

Quality ??

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How many points has he 'assisted' us winning this season?

Derby, Hull, Brentford...Boro was it?

Of our 17 points accumulated so far he must have played a significant part in winning at least 5/6 of them. 

2 assists at Stoke. Been involved in a lot of our goals this season even when not getting the direct assist.

Those advertising boards are too close......Obviously.

Well done to the ref for being sensible, and carding them both - if that was second half Saturday we would have got 2 red cards. Well done Canos on staying in the stands making out it was worse than it was falling a full two feet.

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Those advertising boards are too close......Obviously.

Well done to the ref for being sensible, and carding them both - if that was second half Saturday we would have got 2 red cards. Well done Canos on staying in the stands making out it was worse than it was falling a full two feet.

Sensible reffing sure as he does not actually do that much, but another day, another ref, he could well have got a red there.

25 minutes ago, wood_red said:

He has been absolutely superb this season. One bad cross this Saturday and he will be back to being inconsistent and crap on here though!!

To be fair he admitted himself in an interview earlier this year that his form wasn't great last season.   He put this down to injuries and the fact he never fully recovered his fitness.

This year he has been in great form.  Long may it continue.

I actually think that Brentford can feel aggrieved that he got away with what many would consider violent conduct, then set up the goal.

BUT...totally agree that he's really kicked on this season. I think most of us were hoping that Pereira would slot straight in as our new right back but Hunt has not just shown a real desire on the pitch but the quality of his crossing has been Premier League standard.

55 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Been really good this season, after a mixed bag last year.

No doubt at all that the coaching Hunt has received at Failand has significantly improved his game. Credit to LJ and his assistants for working on how to provide quality crosses.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt at all that the coaching Hunt has received at Failand has significantly improved his game. Credit to LJ and his assistants for working on how to provide quality crosses.

....or we have players on the pitch who can make the best of his crosses! ???

We are seeing the Hunt I thought we’d signed.  Proper modern right back.  Defended well tonight too.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How many points has he 'assisted' us winning this season?

Derby, Hull, Brentford...Boro was it?

Of our 17 points accumulated so far he must have played a significant part in winning at least 5/6 of them. 

Oh stop it. He’s shit!!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....or we have players on the pitch who can make the best of his crosses! ???

We are seeing the Hunt I thought we’d signed.  Proper modern right back.  Defended well tonight too.

Teamwork is an essential and crucial element of training Dave......absolutely no doubt that anticipation of crosses is worked on up at Failand.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Teamwork is an essential and crucial element of training Dave......absolutely no doubt that anticipation of crosses is worked on up at Failand.

You actually took the time to write that. You have a unbelievable talent of saying something without actually saying anything. 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You actually took the time to write that. You have a unbelievable talent of saying something without actually saying anything. 

So....Steve.....you don’t think that LJ and his assistants all work on various aspects of creativiting goalscoring opportunities? That would....of course helping the strikers to anticipate where any teammate will cross the ball?

Do you suppose that Weimann’s late equaliser was luck? or do accept that that particular move had been practiced in training?

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So....Steve.....you don’t think that LJ and his assistants all work on various aspects of creativiting goalscoring opportunities? That would....of course helping the strikers to anticipate where any teammate will cross the ball?

Do you suppose that Weimann’s late equaliser was luck? or do accept that that particular move had been practiced in training?

It’s the fact that you state the bleeding obvious. Everyone knows that it’s worked on in training . Also here you are again labouring your point ???????

6 hours ago, mozo said:

I actually think that Brentford can feel aggrieved that he got away with what many would consider violent conduct, then set up the goal.

BUT...totally agree that he's really kicked on this season. I think most of us were hoping that Pereira would slot straight in as our new right back but Hunt has not just shown a real desire on the pitch but the quality of his crossing has been Premier League standard.

Really?? ?

8 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Ha ha ha. 

Love it, not only Cus of the snide little push on Hunt from Canos but also the little petulant kick he aimed at Tommy Rowe after he was tackled in the first half.

I must admit I was a little worried at the time though, sensible referring in the end!

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

If that had happened to a City player the reaction on here would be ever so slightly different!

I don't think so. End of the day if Hunt had gone up to Canos, pushed him and then ended up getting one back and ending up in the crowd, I think most would say that he deserved it for making the original shove.

Canos thought that he'd get away with it and look like a big man. The fact he ended up flat on his ass makes him look a bit of a prat.

Some referees would have sent both off to be fair.

Archived