IGNORED

Rob Palmer Sky commentator tonight

steveybadger

8 hours ago, Moulin Rougier said:

I wonder this every time. It must cost a pretty packet to send commentators to every game on the red button. They may also have summarisers there too reporting back to Soccer Special.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were holed up in Sky Towers round a TV.

Don’t be surprised, they are. I don’t know if it is in the contract Sky have with the EFL on red button games (we’re not allowed to use replays or multi-cam iirc, or HD before this season) but either way, I’d guess the viewership for the games wouldn’t make it feasible.

1 hour ago, RonWalker said:

Don’t be surprised, they are. I don’t know if it is in the contract Sky have with the EFL on red button games (we’re not allowed to use replays or multi-cam iirc, or HD before this season) but either way, I’d guess the viewership for the games wouldn’t make it feasible.

The red button was definitely in HD last season.

12 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

For the last couple of minutes of the first half, the cameraman did seem to discover that his camera had a zoom function, as we could actually see what was happening on the far side of the pitch. Unfortunately, he forgot again in the second half... 

That camera man was just as terrible as the commentator, constantly the camera struggled to keep up with play and often the ball was actually out of shot.

21 hours ago, OnCider said:

Was it just me or was the red button coverage about 2 minutes behind?  I got the equaliser notification through BBC 2 minutes before I saw it on TV.  Kind of took the enjoyment out of it.

Shhh... keep that quite. The advance tip off is a brilliant opportunity to lay a bet on in-play betting apps and grab free money.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

That camera man was just as terrible as the commentator, constantly the camera struggled to keep up with play and often the ball was actually out of shot.

Reading thru this thread, I’m not so disappointed that I missed the red button coverage.

Archived