IGNORED

“Let’s go City let’s go”

Aaron-Bcfc

That one has been going for as long as I can remember, it's not new. 20 years plus?

Better than "ooooo Bristol City, la la la la OHH, la la la la OHH. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha."... and repeat. 

10 minutes ago, TBW said:

That one has been going for as long as I can remember, it's not new. 20 years plus?

Better than "ooooo Bristol City, la la la la OHH, la la la la OHH. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha."... and repeat. 

Never heard it in my entire life supporting the club. If that’s what floats your boat though then don’t forget to bring your pom poms for Reading.

13 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Never heard it in my entire life supporting the club. If that’s what floats your boat though then don’t forget to bring your pom poms for Reading.

Never said it was great. Just that it's been going for ages and there is worse. 

7 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

To whoever tried (and thankfully failed) to start the song mentioned in the title tonight, which was quite comfortably the worst chant I have ever heard at a football match in my life, please never sing this again. We aren’t American teenage cheerleaders. Thanks.

I shall be shouting that on Saturday.....

.....when I watch Bristol Flyers Basketball on the evening.  It’s a Flyers chant....definitely not City!!

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

.....when I watch Bristol Flyers Basketball on the evening.  It’s a Flyers chant....definitely not City!!

Well it's an American chant so suitable only for US sports!

Do we still sing 'Keep the Red flag flying high'?  I haven't heard that old classic for a while, and it used to get all corners of the ground singing it.

If I had the voice / confidence to start songs I'd be bellowing that all game.

Can't say I've heard the one mentioned in the title.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

“On the evening”? Sheesh!

I’m starting a campaign against

on the team

on the weekend

and now - on the evening!*

This is not the US of A!

In the team

at the weekend

this evening ...

in Blighty, please.

*oh and sneaked, not snuck, while I’m at it.

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

On the evening”? Sheesh!

I’m starting a campaign against

on the team

on the weekend

and now - on the evening!*

This is not the US of A!

In the team

at the weekend

this evening ...

in Blighty, please.

*oh and sneaked, not snuck, while I’m at it.

I thought it was Bristolian? ?

Saturday:

morning - Joe’s first taste of Wheelchair footie

afternoon - City at AG

evening - Flyers at the Wise

nice day coming up!!!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was Bristolian? ?

Saturday:

morning - Joe’s first taste of Wheelchair footie

afternoon - City at AG

evening - Flyers at the Wise

nice day coming up!!!

I’m not Bristolian, but can’t say I’ve ever heard on the evening in England! Maybe it’s niche Bristle.

57 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Do we still sing 'Keep the Red flag flying high'?  I haven't heard that old classic for a while

Must have been sung at least half a dozen times last night (in the downstairs bit) Also at Preston on Saturday....

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I just want to use this thread to thank whoever it was who told the guy shouting out his every passing thought in the form of a long-winded sermon to pipe down. He was getting a bit much. 

Sounds like the bloke who sits behind me at AG, although thankfully some respite as he's not there every week.

Never stops prattling his every thought loudly all game, talking to no one in particular (or whoever he thinks he's talking to never answers him)

He must take less breathers during a game than Hoskin commentating on RB, and he's even more irritating if that were possible.

30 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I just want to use this thread to thank whoever it was who told the guy shouting out his every passing thought in the form of a long-winded sermon to pipe down. He was getting a bit much. 

Why didn’t you tell him at the game chief?

45 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To left of the goal? near the pillar?

15 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

Why didn’t you tell him at the game chief?

He was about twenty rows behind me and it was crowded as Hell. No way of knowing who he was and no real way of getting back to him without annoying a load of fellow fans, chief

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

To left of the goal? near the pillar?

That sounds about right. I was a few rows ahead of that around where the goal was and that was about where the sound seemed to be coming from. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

That sounds about right. I was a few rows ahead of that around where the goal was and that was about where the sound seemed to be coming from. 

Sounded like a cockney?  he was doing my head in!

Archived