Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

“Let’s go City let’s go”


Recommended Posts

To whoever tried (and thankfully failed) to start the song mentioned in the title tonight, which was quite comfortably the worst chant I have ever heard at a football match in my life, please never sing this again. We aren’t American teenage cheerleaders. Thanks.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That one has been going for as long as I can remember, it's not new. 20 years plus?

Better than "ooooo Bristol City, la la la la OHH, la la la la OHH. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha."... and repeat. 

Edited by TBW
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TBW said:

That one has been going for as long as I can remember, it's not new. 20 years plus?

Better than "ooooo Bristol City, la la la la OHH, la la la la OHH. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha. Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh Ha."... and repeat. 

Never heard it in my entire life supporting the club. If that’s what floats your boat though then don’t forget to bring your pom poms for Reading.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Never heard it in my entire life supporting the club. If that’s what floats your boat though then don’t forget to bring your pom poms for Reading.

Never said it was great. Just that it's been going for ages and there is worse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

To whoever tried (and thankfully failed) to start the song mentioned in the title tonight, which was quite comfortably the worst chant I have ever heard at a football match in my life, please never sing this again. We aren’t American teenage cheerleaders. Thanks.

I shall be shouting that on Saturday.....

.....when I watch Bristol Flyers Basketball on the evening.  It’s a Flyers chant....definitely not City!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

the worst has to be the song that some of our fans sing at the moment.... "East End are rising"

Completely kills the atmosphere every time

Great song.....

 

.....not sure it’s a very good football chant though.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I shall be shouting that on Saturday.....

.....when I watch Bristol Flyers Basketball on the evening.  It’s a Flyers chant....definitely not City!!

Well it's an American chant so suitable only for US sports!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we still sing 'Keep the Red flag flying high'?  I haven't heard that old classic for a while, and it used to get all corners of the ground singing it.

If I had the voice / confidence to start songs I'd be bellowing that all game.

Can't say I've heard the one mentioned in the title.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I shall be shouting that on Saturday.....

.....when I watch Bristol Flyers Basketball on the evening.  It’s a Flyers chant....definitely not City!!

“On the evening”? Sheesh!

I’m starting a campaign against

on the team

on the weekend

and now - on the evening!*

This is not the US of A!

In the team

at the weekend

this evening ...

in Blighty, please.

*oh and sneaked, not snuck, while I’m at it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

On the evening”? Sheesh!

I’m starting a campaign against

on the team

on the weekend

and now - on the evening!*

This is not the US of A!

In the team

at the weekend

this evening ...

in Blighty, please.

*oh and sneaked, not snuck, while I’m at it.

 

I thought it was Bristolian? 🧐

Saturday:

morning - Joe’s first taste of Wheelchair footie

afternoon - City at AG

evening - Flyers at the Wise

nice day coming up!!!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was Bristolian? 🧐

Saturday:

morning - Joe’s first taste of Wheelchair footie

afternoon - City at AG

evening - Flyers at the Wise

nice day coming up!!!

I’m not Bristolian, but can’t say I’ve ever heard on the evening in England! Maybe it’s niche Bristle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I just want to use this thread to thank whoever it was who told the guy shouting out his every passing thought in the form of a long-winded sermon to pipe down. He was getting a bit much. 

Sounds like the bloke who sits behind me at AG, although thankfully some respite as he's not there every week.

Never stops prattling his every thought loudly all game, talking to no one in particular (or whoever he thinks he's talking to never answers him)

He must take less breathers during a game than Hoskin commentating on RB, and he's even more irritating if that were possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I just want to use this thread to thank whoever it was who told the guy shouting out his every passing thought in the form of a long-winded sermon to pipe down. He was getting a bit much. 

Why didn’t you tell him at the game chief?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I just want to use this thread to thank whoever it was who told the guy shouting out his every passing thought in the form of a long-winded sermon to pipe down. He was getting a bit much. 

To left of the goal? near the pillar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

Why didn’t you tell him at the game chief?

He was about twenty rows behind me and it was crowded as Hell. No way of knowing who he was and no real way of getting back to him without annoying a load of fellow fans, chief

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

To left of the goal? near the pillar?

That sounds about right. I was a few rows ahead of that around where the goal was and that was about where the sound seemed to be coming from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

That sounds about right. I was a few rows ahead of that around where the goal was and that was about where the sound seemed to be coming from. 

Sounded like a cockney?  he was doing my head in!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...