IGNORED

Fam Last Night...

Silvio Dante

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was knackered. Down on his haunches after an hour. Summoned enough energy to set up Massengo, but gasket blown at that point!!

Fair enough , he was blowing but surely bring Palmer on with Semenyo to get his foot on the ball and get us higher up the pitch that might play to Semenyo strengths rather than lumping it to him , trying to get out. Either way Semenyo looks out of his depth. 

Get taylor back and send Semenyo to oxford . He would of been perfect to come on today . Taylor made if you like ?  

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He still dropped deep ish first half when with 2 proper wingers the ball was crying out to be put in the box. All very pretty with little end product. Frustrating imo because I thought they were there for the taking first half . 

I think he likes to arrive in the box on the run, but Eliasson’s crosses often have too much whip on them for him to come on to them late.

Everything clicked once today.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think he likes to arrive in the box on the run, but Eliasson’s crosses often have too much whip on them for him to come on to them late.

Everything clicked once today.

Without taking away from his performance today or the fact he scored

But the Centre halves did the parting of the Red Sea leaving him in years of space and Elliasson dropped it on a plate - there was no run and IMHO his movement both in quantity and quality is exactly the reason he doesn’t get in the end of as many crosses as he should 

Finished it well but I’d expect that to be finished at pro level  tbh

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Fair enough , he was blowing but surely bring Palmer on with Semenyo to get his foot on the ball and get us higher up the pitch that might play to Semenyo strengths rather than lumping it to him , trying to get out. Either way Semenyo looks out of his depth. 

Get taylor back and send Semenyo to oxford . He would of been perfect to come on today . Taylor made if you like ?  

Think we saw in a brief Palmer-cameo what he brings.  Got on the ball, moved it, got fouled, created, should’ve scored too.  Suspect 90 on Wednesday was a big reason for sub today, which is fine, but I think LJ will see what KP can bring in terms of quality in tight games, even when you think he’s not the first player you’d bring on when trying to see out a game.

Thought he was great in the 1st half, a real battling half. Unsurprisingly looked on his feet after 15/20 minutes of the 2nd.  

Pleased he got the goal, didn't stop the group of blokes around me shouting 'get that useless c*** off' every 5 minutes though. They were in shock that people were actually clapping him off when he got subbed. 

Only swapped seats as I brought a mate down, thankfully I won't have to sit in the same seats again! 

2 minutes ago, InCyder said:

Thought he was great in the 1st half, a real battling half. Unsurprisingly looked on his feet after 15/20 minutes of the 2nd.  

Pleased he got the goal, didn't stop the group of blokes around me shouting 'get that useless c*** off' every 5 minutes though. They were in shock that people were actually clapping him off when he got subbed. 

Only swapped seats as I brought a mate down, thankfully I won't have to sit in the same seats again! 

That’s our “fans” for you.

I don’t see why it’s so difficult to applaud someone that’s had a good game, even if generally you’re don’t rate them...and on the flip think a player you do rate has had a poor game.

If Fam could play like that most weeks, that would be fine.  He’s not Afobe, but he can still contribute.  He looked like he was “on it” and needs to be like that more often. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s our “fans” for you.

I don’t see why it’s so difficult to applaud someone that’s had a good game, even if generally you’re don’t rate them...and on the flip think a player you do rate has had a poor game.

If Fam could play like that most weeks, that would be fine.  He’s not Afobe, but he can still contribute.  He looked like he was “on it” and needs to be like that more often. 

It surprises me. It was a fairly large group of lads so maybe it's just the 'in' thing to hate on one player the way they do. We've been treated to some real terrible players in the past, I can only assume many weren't around to see them if they think Fam is really that bad. 

if a player is lazy/lacks effort, I can understand the criticism. But to see a guy leave everything on the pitch and still receive abuse is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, InCyder said:

It surprises me. It was a fairly large group of lads so maybe it's just the 'in' thing to hate on one player the way they do. We've been treated to some real terrible players in the past, I can only assume many weren't around to see them if they think Fam is really that bad. 

if a player is lazy/lacks effort, I can understand the criticism. But to see a guy leave everything on the pitch and still receive abuse is beyond me. 

I’d call it ignorance.

I don’t think he has left everything on the pitch this season, but he certainly put a shift in Saturday.  I don’t think he’s a player that can do 90 minutes at full-tilt at this level.

Archived