IGNORED

Competition

BCFC Rich

Loving the competition within the team right now. We have great depth in pretty much every position Nagy and Kalas should be back from injury soon and whoever gets left out at their expense is going to be unlucky and you could make a good case for any of the players keeping their place. DaSilva will presumably come back in too but (whilst I think that's the right decision) it's going to be harsh or Rowe who has stepped up brilliantly. 

Pereira has barely had a look in with hunt in such great form but his presence has surely been part of what has pushed Hunt on. And I think there is a element of pressure on most players to perform or risk their place. Hopefully that's something that's pushes us on. 

45 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Can't wait for Nagy to be back, I'm not insinuating Brownhill has been poor but he's essentially been immune from being dropped for his City career.

Not sure it will be Brownhill on the bench if Nagy returns today. More likely Massengo imho. 

Im sure LJ has a selection surprise in store for us today. Even an unchanged team as per Wednesday was a shock to me!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure it will be Brownhill on the bench if Nagy returns today. More likely Massengo imho. 

Im sure LJ has a selection surprise in store for us today. Even an unchanged team as per Wednesday was a shock to me!

I agree with your post.

What I mean is, now we have Massengo ready to take Brownhills place. Where as before there was never someone that could realistically take Brownhills place.

An out of form Brownhill was still picked overy any of our other options. He's rarely out of form, in his defence, but has looked tired towards the end of the season for a couple of years.

LJ has a habit of making average players captain and then picking them every game even if better options - Brownhill will start every game when fit meaning Palmer or Massengo on the bench when Nagy back even if it weakens the side.

Archived