IGNORED

Good news for Gloc City?

Judda

2 hours ago, Judda said:

Interesting read... didn't know they weren't back home after the floods 12 years ago...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49803354

Raising the pitch by 3m is a good move. Why they ever built there is beyond me...flood prone and a right obscure part of town. Ideally they should groundshare with Gloucester RFC.

5 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Raising the pitch by 3m is a good move. Why they ever built there is beyond me...flood prone and a right obscure part of town. Ideally they should groundshare with Gloucester RFC.

Ground share was mooted a few years back but GRFC was distinctly lukewarm about it I think. Even with the new pitch at Castle Grim I don't think it would have been a go-er. Only possibility would have been if both had moved into a purpose built place but that ship has sailed I'd say.

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Ground share was mooted a few years back but GRFC was distinctly lukewarm about it I think. Even with the new pitch at Castle Grim I don't think it would have been a go-er. Only possibility would have been if both had moved into a purpose built place but that ship has sailed I'd say.

Need a Tigers fan to buy GRFC, and then move City in...Kingsholm is now the right colour, after City changed to a red strip. Very unlikely that that would ever happen, though.

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Need a Tigers fan to buy GRFC, and then move City in...Kingsholm is now the right colour, after City changed to a red strip. Very unlikely that that would ever happen, though.

As a fan of both  I think there's space for both, but in separate grounds. I'm still hoping Bristol move out of AG!

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

They asked Gloucester rfc to share and were told no,it's a rugby ground.....

25 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Be good for Gloucester city when they move back.been a miracle they are doing so well in conference north

No help from the rugby whatsoever

But why should they - it’s their ground? They have no obligation and regardless City would have rattled around Kingsholm anyway, it’s 5 times the capacity of Meadow Park. I don’t live in G anymore but Perhaps it’s Glos Council that could’ve done a bit more to look at other sites for GCFC?

as a fan of both i’m Just glad it’s now been sorted.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

But why should they - it’s their ground? They have no obligation and regardless City would have rattled around Kingsholm anyway, it’s 5 times the capacity of Meadow Park. I don’t live in G anymore but Perhaps it’s Glos Council that could’ve done a bit more to look at other sites for GCFC?

as a fan of both i’m Just glad it’s now been sorted.

To help out a sports team in the same city as them?of course they don't have to 

14 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

That is correct the Rugby Club refused to even talk about it apparently,they got all high and mighty about it and said that Kingsholm was for rugby only!

Same stance as Twickenham....shame they couldn't help but at least there going back home eventually

• Admin
On 05/10/2019 at 22:19, BS13 Robin said:

That is correct the Rugby Club refused to even talk about it apparently,they got all high and mighty about it and said that Kingsholm was for rugby only!

I guess the thing is the rugby club don't need the football club, it was only going to work if a short term deal could be arranged

All the messing around with the pitch markings etc, may at the time have seen to be a waste of time 

What surprises me in that article is that they say they can't get any ground advertising, other clubs have managed to work around this, even if it is just temporary signs that need to be taken down etc.

Can remember watching many games there, including Newport in the exiled state, but it just seems one hell of a mess ever since they moved to this ground

On 05/10/2019 at 10:43, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Loads of parking and away from town traffic.  I liked it and am glad they're returning.

Yellows!

14 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Or as they now are: Reds!*

*i believe this is actually the original colour GC played in, so happily we haven't gone all Cardiff!

Really?

That's dated me!

I'm surprised given that both Cheltenham and the Cherry and Whites both play in red that they've gone the same way.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Really?

That's dated me!

I'm surprised given that both Cheltenham and the Cherry and Whites both play in red that they've gone the same way.

Must admit i’m Old enough to remember Horton Road but don’t remember this.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gloucester-city-new-badge-wear-2766432.amp

On 05/10/2019 at 10:43, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Why would a top class rugby club share with a non league football club getting a few hungred watching them ?

55 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Horton Road could have been a cracking venue, if it had been developed.

I remember it was a big area - big enough to play football behind the pitch which is what I usually did! 
i can’t remember and don’t live in Glos anymore - presumably it’s housing now?

Archived