IGNORED

Stream for today

old_eastender

So, as an overseas subscriber, does this mean I can't watch the live game today???? Seems a bit harsh that the club take my hefty Euros for the subscription and then make a decision not to show the game to us foreigners.  Or have I got this wrong and at hora Española 3.55pm my screen will show 22 blokes running out at Ashton Gate?  I don't do this internet stuff too well at my age.

7 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

So, as an overseas subscriber, does this mean I can't watch the live game today???? Seems a bit harsh that the club take my hefty Euros for the subscription and then make a decision not to show the game to us foreigners.  Or have I got this wrong and at hora Española 3.55pm my screen will show 22 blokes running out at Ashton Gate?  I don't do this internet stuff too well at my age.

Don't believe it's the club's decision. Pretty sure they are not permitted to stream the game if it's been chosen for international TV coverage.

24 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/no-livestream-for-royals-visit/

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I'm afraid you do have it right.  I don't know who is showing it but I shall pop down to my local bar in the hope that it may be on their telly.  I also understand that, in November, at least three games are on Sky which means they will not be on Robins TV.  Last week the game was constantly freezing which seems to happen quite regularly.  The £110 I coughed up is beginning to look like a poor investment.

1 minute ago, Red Bill said:

I'm afraid you do have it right.  I don't know who is showing it but I shall pop down to my local bar in the hope that it may be on their telly.  I also understand that, in November, at least three games are on Sky which means they will not be on Robins TV.  Last week the game was constantly freezing which seems to happen quite regularly.  The £110 I coughed up is beginning to look like a poor investment.

Re freezing.

I don't know if it has anything to do with your graphics card... But I experienced the same, so had it running on 2 laptops. One constant freezing the other streamed perfectly. Interestingly I can stream films on both laptops absolutely fine. So maybe the issue is with the encoding of the stream with the hardware running on your computer.  I was berating the stream until I tested it.

4 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

If I pop down into the village bar, I'm pretty sure that they'll have blimmin' bullfighting on the telly.  Seems like the only time they switch the set on!  

1 hour ago, TRL said:

Re freezing.

I don't know if it has anything to do with your graphics card... But I experienced the same, so had it running on 2 laptops. One constant freezing the other streamed perfectly. Interestingly I can stream films on both laptops absolutely fine. So maybe the issue is with the encoding of the stream with the hardware running on your computer.  I was berating the stream until I tested it.

Thanks for the response.  I don't understand why I receive a perfect picture one week and a terrible one the next.  I have tried both Google and Firefox with no difference.  I am a dinosaur in these matters so will have a word with my local boffin.  Thanks again.

41 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The Preston game was constantly lagging for me. Not acceptable.

Yet my stream was fine for that game. It might have something to do with the robins.tv content delivery network (cdn), your internet provider, your home internet/wifi, or your computer/device.

Next time this happens try a vpn connection (still using a Swedish server) and see if this helps. This should rule out your ISP mucking around with the delivery of data. I can recommend Mullvad who are solid/fast and provIde a free hour of service so you can test.

If its still an issue maybe try a server slightly further away (eg Paris/France) which might get a better delivery path from the cdn.

Good luck.

Archived