IGNORED

Who is the striker ?

daored

Listened to Robins on the Wire this morning and an interview with Lee.

Wanted to look have a look until after international break, didn’t want to dive into anything 

few ruled out not good enough or not being top end

one potentially in mind 

Any idea of who this player may be? Clearly someone has been identified by the club and listening to him, would expect a new player in for Luton 

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Lee likes a player who keeps himself fit so guessing it’s bony

Hooper to me looked overweight at Wednesday, and he was injured a lot. Bony injured a lot too in recent seasons. Maybe it is someone else.

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Assume you are joking as bony has played a handful of games in last few years due to injuries ( hamstring)

I wasn’t joking,thought he had been training at Newport,as said above Hooper was never fit when he had a club so god knows what he’s like now,there is a reason why players are out of contract and it’s because they have injury problems or are just shit,that’s the situation we are in I’m afraid 

I still think our best punt would be to risk bringing in Bony on loan. Its that sort of strong striker who sits off the defenders we are missing. That's why i think Afobe had been looking so good. We have the creativity behind that sort of player which would allow them to thrive.

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It is reported that the club had talks with Gary Hooper but the package wasn’t right for either party .

I haven’t heard of anyone else being in the frame.

I would imagine we’ll hang on until January before bringing someone in on a deal which corresponds better with the club’s long term plans.

That links in with the interview he had. However , based on his comments I don’t think we’ll wait till January 

27 minutes ago, GingerClyde said:

I still think our best punt would be to risk bringing in Bony on loan. Its that sort of strong striker who sits off the defenders we are missing. That's why i think Afobe had been looking so good. We have the creativity behind that sort of player which would allow them to thrive.

Let’s be honest any forward worth his salt would score down here the chances we create,so think bony would fill the gap

2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

I reckon a youngster from abroad with potential like Erik Sorga, Ayo Akinola or Joel Zwarts.

Sign all 3 - Zwarts and all!

On 05/10/2019 at 13:49, daored said:

Listened to Robins on the Wire this morning and an interview with Lee.

Wanted to look have a look until after international break, didn’t want to dive into anything 

few ruled out not good enough or not being top end

one potentially in mind 

Any idea of who this player may be? Clearly someone has been identified by the club and listening to him, would expect a new player in for Luton 

Hooper 

On 05/10/2019 at 14:25, joe jordans teeth said:

I wasn’t joking,thought he had been training at Newport,as said above Hooper was never fit when he had a club so god knows what he’s like now,there is a reason why players are out of contract and it’s because they have injury problems or are just shit,that’s the situation we are in I’m afraid 

“Hooper was never fit when he had a club” - yet he still found time to score around 230 goals in 550 games ...

Archived