IGNORED

£5 to get in if you’ve forgotten your season ticket

BRISTOL86

Is it just me being grumpy or is that completely excessive/unnecessary ? 

There’s no overhead to the club other than the bit of paper it’s printed on, not like you need to take on additional ticket staff to perform this function. 

Yeah I get that I’m a numpty for forgetting it but it just feels like a licence to print money to me. You wouldn’t dream of levying a £5 printing charge on a POTD customer so why do it to loyal fans who have given you their hard earned a year in advance? 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There’s no overhead to the club other than the bit of paper it’s printed on, not like you need to take on additional ticket staff to perform this function. 

Yeah I get that I’m a numpty for forgetting it but it just feels like a licence to print money to me. You wouldn’t dream of levying a £5 printing charge on a POTD customer so why do it to loyal fans who have given you their hard earned a year in advance? 

Completely agree. The only argument I can make is that you want to dissuade people from forgetting as it does create an overhead if lots of people start doing it, knowing it doesn’t matter if they forget. But a fiver is ridiculous.

Yes, it’s a absolute con mate. Wouldn’t have happened back in the day. Fans aren’t treated all that well these days. It’s becoming more like a visit to the cinema by the week. 

Sad times really. Football doesn’t give me the joy / buzz it used to. 

I wouldn’t have an issue at all if it was £2 and it went to a local charity like the Children’s Hospital etc.

It stinks. By buying a season ticket you have made a season long financial commitment to the club.

In fact you have dropped a substantial amount of money into the club accounts, in some cases a year before you will see the final game you are entitled to watch.

To charge £5 to print a bit of paper is just not on. Fair enough levy a charge against repeat offenders but you should a least be allowed a couple of chances to forget your card.

It’s almost like the club have got your money in the bank and they can treat you how they like. But surely no business treats it customers like that.........

Why need to  print anything? Surely a quick ID verification at a dedicated turnstile and let you in would be easier and free, only downside is ST holder loses any discount benefits on purchases for the day - (so what?... Corporate pisstake to charge, terrible PR for loyal supporters)… should be taken up with Supporter Liaison Officer .. ? 

As others have said, should be no charge unless happens more than once or twice per season - then a 'penalty charge' as a deterrent  would be justified)

Anyway we're 1nil up.. Nice one Fam?

Has the same experience today and brought last years season tickets- entirely no fault however the ticket office told me it was £5 per ticket to start with and I had 3 . Fortunately it was only £5 ultimately. 

Unnecessary admin charge but agree it should be there to deter repeat offenders .  

24 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Has the same experience today and brought last years season tickets- entirely no fault however the ticket office told me it was £5 per ticket to start with and I had 3 . Fortunately it was only £5 ultimately. 

Unnecessary admin charge but agree it should be there to deter repeat offenders .  

They were seriously trying to charge you £5 per season ticket?

Where do they source the ink and paper? 

21 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You'd think by now we'd have an app with 2d barcodes or NFC.

£5 is taking the piss but the main cost is people's time not paper.

The point is those people are working match day ticket sales anyway. There is no additional overhead to help the handful of people who need a season ticket reprint to gain admission. In fact having witnessed the ticket 'office' first hand today, you could operate it with half the staff if it was run efficiently. 

There is no valid argument to levy a £5 printing fee on a season ticket holder, who is receiving the same 'product' as someone who pays on the day, and upon whom no fee is levied. 

It's a cash grab. At the very least you should get your first 'offence' free but there really is no justification for the charge. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The point is those people are working match day ticket sales anyway. There is no additional overhead to help the handful of people who need a season ticket reprint to gain admission. In fact having witnessed the ticket 'office' first hand today, you could operate it with half the staff if it was run efficiently. 

There is no valid argument to levy a £5 printing fee on a season ticket holder, who is receiving the same 'product' as someone who pays on the day, and upon whom no fee is levied. 

It's a cash grab.

At the very least you should get your first 'offence' free but there really is no justification for the charge. 

Absolutely this IMHO

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s more a deterrent I guess - so I I can see both sides of argument. 

£5 isn’t much and I guess you won’t be forgetting it again I’m a hurry. But I do like the idea of giving it to charity. 

It’s about £4.99 too much for what you get ;) 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Totally agree . We’re shelling out enough without the club taking the piss like this . Who’s the Slo ? 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s more a deterrent I guess - so I I can see both sides of argument. 

£5 isn’t much and I guess you won’t be forgetting it again I’m a hurry. But I do like the idea of giving it to charity. 

I can’t see both sides. I don’t keep my season card in my wallet all the time and have occasionally had to go back to get it before setting off for a game. It’s a piss take 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s about £4.99 too much for what you get ;) 

Don’t fear 86 they have announced a change in policy 

If you pay a add on of £79.99 at the start of the season when you shell out a few hundred quid for your season card

They've said reprints are free 

:yawn:

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If only we had an SLO that we could LIASE with!

He (or she) could surely bring this up to the club but alas, it shall never be because those people at OTIB are the scourge of our football club!

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

If only we had an SLO that we could LIASE with!

He (or she) could surely bring this up to the club but alas, it shall never be because those people at OTIB are the scourge of our football club!

Burn them !

Round them up and Burn Them !

?

Save the Judean Peoples Front  

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Burn them !

Round them up and Burn Them !

?

It is nearly November 5th, maybe the club could use us all as Guy Fawkes & charge the more welcome City customers for the privilege of watching us burn? It would certainly help with the cost of not charging £5 to print a season ticket holders ticket off.........

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It is nearly November 5th, maybe the club could use us all as Guy Fawkes & charge the more welcome City customers for the privilege of watching us burn? It would certainly help with the cost of not charging £5 to print a season ticket holders ticket off.........

You will be alright Tipps

13.4.  Anyone who is a seat holder in the Lansdown will be excused execution

Archived