IGNORED

£5 to get in if you’ve forgotten your season ticket

BRISTOL86

I wouldn't mind the £5 charge if it was then refunded after proof of season card etc. 

Last season I left all our season tickets in the car, couldn't be arsed to walk back and get them as kick off was fast approaching. I was charged £2.50 per ticket, after a email complaining I was refunded. 

On a separate note I saw lots of season cards turning red on turnstiles today..? 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You will be alright Tipps

13.4.  Anyone who is a seat holder in the Lansdown will be excused execution

Is that so the club could sell them a package to watch us all meet our fate then? 

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Is it just me being grumpy or is that completely excessive/unnecessary ? 

There’s no overhead to the club other than the bit of paper it’s printed on, not like you need to take on additional ticket staff to perform this function. 

Yeah I get that I’m a numpty for forgetting it but it just feels like a licence to print money to me. You wouldn’t dream of levying a £5 printing charge on a POTD customer so why do it to loyal fans who have given you their hard earned a year in advance? 

Technically, it's £4.50, but without your season ticket, they can't give you your discount on a forgotten ticket reprint. ?

Rock and a hard place, innit.

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

It is nearly November 5th, maybe the club could use us all as Guy Fawkes & charge the more welcome City customers for the privilege of watching us burn? It would certainly help with the cost of not charging £5 to print a season ticket holders ticket off.........

You wouldn't have to worry if that happened Tipps, you're well liked, I'm sure that plenty of us would happily piss on you if you were on fire mate... ?

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

You wouldn't have to worry if that happened Tipps, you're well liked, I'm sure that plenty of us would happily piss on you if you were on fire mate... ?

That’s a relief, thanks for giving me something to look forward to, a golden shower from OTIB’s finest (and not so good)?

Not long ago they had discretion over the charge. 

My missus threw our season cards in the bin days before the first game of the season (LJs first full season). 

I went to the ticket office before kickoff, the lady took pity on us saying she was supposed to charge something like £15 per replacement card, then ran 2 new cards off the machine and gave them to me for free. 

Computer says yes!

14 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

If only our season card barcodes could be on an app on our phones , eliminating the need for season cards all togeher .....

But then they’d have no extra way of getting extra money out of their customers!

There are a few reasonings for why the club has done things that just don’t ring true, us customers are told they are doing one thing for the benefit of us customers & then they move the goalposts again & it’s us customers who are taking the fall for it! And it shows no sign of ending anytime soon!

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'll be honest, on the one occasion I forgot my ticket, I thought the fiver was OK. I was expecting to have to buy a full-price one and claim it laboriously back or something.

I really don’t see the big deal. 

They obviously don’t want thousands of people forgetting their tickets regularly, so it’s a small penalty for being a bit of a numpty! 

I’ve only ever forgotten mine (been a numpty) twice. Once last season,  and gas far happier paying a fiver for a re-print, than the previous time a few years back, where I needed to buy another ticket and then take the stub back with my ST to claim a refund. 

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not long ago they had discretion over the charge. 

My missus threw our season cards in the bin days before the first game of the season (LJs first full season). 

I hope the divorce wasn’t too traumatic. 

It might be an idea to have the season card barcode tattooed onto the back of one's hand. Problem solved as wouldn't ever be forgotten. The only downside would be if one then lost one's hand in an accident. It would be even harder then to get the fiver payment out for forgetting one's severed hand.

Either that or use iris recognition technology. The intricate lines of the iris could be formed into a personal barcode unique to everyone. When one purchases a season ticket one's personal barcode is stored in the relevant turnstile technology and admittance can easily be obtained. I would've included fingerprints but then the same problem could arise as with the tattoo idea, except one would have to lose both hands in an accident before it became a problem and then it would be nigh on impossible to get a fiver out for forgetting to bring one's season fingerprints.

Consider yourselves lucky, Bears fans are second class again (shirts being more expensive than City, etc) getting charged £10 to print off a forgotten or misplaced season ticket. 

Had it happen to me twice, first time I had misplaced it after boxing day game drunk (found it following week or so) second time it fell out of my pocket whilst getting phone out to take a call and nobody saw/handed it in even though I realised what had happened and returned to the spot within a couple of minutes.

Not very happy to find out City games will only cost me a fiver and Bears double for what is already a questionable charge... and some people got actual season card replacements for free!

Archived