Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BRISTOL86

£5 to get in if you’ve forgotten your season ticket

Is it just me being grumpy or is that completely excessive/unnecessary ? 

There’s no overhead to the club other than the bit of paper it’s printed on, not like you need to take on additional ticket staff to perform this function. 

Yeah I get that I’m a numpty for forgetting it but it just feels like a licence to print money to me. You wouldn’t dream of levying a £5 printing charge on a POTD customer so why do it to loyal fans who have given you their hard earned a year in advance? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There’s no overhead to the club other than the bit of paper it’s printed on, not like you need to take on additional ticket staff to perform this function. 

Yeah I get that I’m a numpty for forgetting it but it just feels like a licence to print money to me. You wouldn’t dream of levying a £5 printing charge on a POTD customer so why do it to loyal fans who have given you their hard earned a year in advance? 

Completely agree. The only argument I can make is that you want to dissuade people from forgetting as it does create an overhead if lots of people start doing it, knowing it doesn’t matter if they forget. But a fiver is ridiculous.

Yes, it’s a absolute con mate. Wouldn’t have happened back in the day. Fans aren’t treated all that well these days. It’s becoming more like a visit to the cinema by the week. 

Sad times really. Football doesn’t give me the joy / buzz it used to. 

I wouldn’t have an issue at all if it was £2 and it went to a local charity like the Children’s Hospital etc.

Edited by ziderheadarmy
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

They could at least give you the first one free and then charge if you do it again during the season.

Absolutely. It’s fair game if you’re doing it every week but a £5 printing charge is taking the piss. 

• Like 1

It stinks. By buying a season ticket you have made a season long financial commitment to the club.

In fact you have dropped a substantial amount of money into the club accounts, in some cases a year before you will see the final game you are entitled to watch.

To charge £5 to print a bit of paper is just not on. Fair enough levy a charge against repeat offenders but you should a least be allowed a couple of chances to forget your card.

It’s almost like the club have got your money in the bank and they can treat you how they like. But surely no business treats it customers like that.........

Edited by Benguin
  • Like 1

Why need to  print anything? Surely a quick ID verification at a dedicated turnstile and let you in would be easier and free, only downside is ST holder loses any discount benefits on purchases for the day - (so what?... Corporate pisstake to charge, terrible PR for loyal supporters)… should be taken up with Supporter Liaison Officer .. 🤔 

As others have said, should be no charge unless happens more than once or twice per season - then a 'penalty charge' as a deterrent  would be justified)

Anyway we're 1nil up.. Nice one Fam👍

Edited by WhistleHappy

Has the same experience today and brought last years season tickets- entirely no fault however the ticket office told me it was £5 per ticket to start with and I had 3 . Fortunately it was only £5 ultimately. 

Unnecessary admin charge but agree it should be there to deter repeat offenders .  

24 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Has the same experience today and brought last years season tickets- entirely no fault however the ticket office told me it was £5 per ticket to start with and I had 3 . Fortunately it was only £5 ultimately. 

Unnecessary admin charge but agree it should be there to deter repeat offenders .  

They were seriously trying to charge you £5 per season ticket?

Where do they source the ink and paper? 

You'd think by now we'd have an app with 2d barcodes or NFC.

£5 is taking the piss but the main cost is people's time not paper.

21 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You'd think by now we'd have an app with 2d barcodes or NFC.

£5 is taking the piss but the main cost is people's time not paper.

The point is those people are working match day ticket sales anyway. There is no additional overhead to help the handful of people who need a season ticket reprint to gain admission. In fact having witnessed the ticket 'office' first hand today, you could operate it with half the staff if it was run efficiently. 

There is no valid argument to levy a £5 printing fee on a season ticket holder, who is receiving the same 'product' as someone who pays on the day, and upon whom no fee is levied. 

It's a cash grab. At the very least you should get your first 'offence' free but there really is no justification for the charge. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The point is those people are working match day ticket sales anyway. There is no additional overhead to help the handful of people who need a season ticket reprint to gain admission. In fact having witnessed the ticket 'office' first hand today, you could operate it with half the staff if it was run efficiently. 

There is no valid argument to levy a £5 printing fee on a season ticket holder, who is receiving the same 'product' as someone who pays on the day, and upon whom no fee is levied. 

It's a cash grab.

At the very least you should get your first 'offence' free but there really is no justification for the charge. 

Absolutely this IMHO

• Like 1

It’s more a deterrent I guess - so I I can see both sides of argument. 

£5 isn’t much and I guess you won’t be forgetting it again I’m a hurry. But I do like the idea of giving it to charity. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

£5 isn’t much and I guess you won’t be forgetting it again I’m a hurry. But I do like the idea of giving it to charity. 

It’s about £4.99 too much for what you get ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Totally agree . We’re shelling out enough without the club taking the piss like this . Who’s the Slo ? 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I can’t see both sides. I don’t keep my season card in my wallet all the time and have occasionally had to go back to get it before setting off for a game. It’s a piss take 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Totally agree . We’re shelling out enough without the club taking the piss like this . Who’s the Slo ? 

It ‘s been £5 for the last 2 seasons, so I suppose we should be grateful that they haven’t put the price up😊

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s about £4.99 too much for what you get ;) 

Don’t fear 86 they have announced a change in policy 

If you pay a add on of £79.99 at the start of the season when you shell out a few hundred quid for your season card

They've said reprints are free 

:yawn:

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, swampy said:

Forgot to take my IKEA card to the store on Friday .... punch my details into a machine and get a free temporary 'card'  .... it is so simple ... 

Ikea ? So that's how you spend your time !

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If only we had an SLO that we could LIASE with!

He (or she) could surely bring this up to the club but alas, it shall never be because those people at OTIB are the scourge of our football club!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

If only we had an SLO that we could LIASE with!

He (or she) could surely bring this up to the club but alas, it shall never be because those people at OTIB are the scourge of our football club!

Burn them !

Round them up and Burn Them !

👹

Save the Judean Peoples Front  

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Burn them !

Round them up and Burn Them !

👹

It is nearly November 5th, maybe the club could use us all as Guy Fawkes & charge the more welcome City customers for the privilege of watching us burn? It would certainly help with the cost of not charging £5 to print a season ticket holders ticket off.........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It is nearly November 5th, maybe the club could use us all as Guy Fawkes & charge the more welcome City customers for the privilege of watching us burn? It would certainly help with the cost of not charging £5 to print a season ticket holders ticket off.........

You will be alright Tipps

13.4.  Anyone who is a seat holder in the Lansdown will be excused execution

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m stuffed then Bob, I can’t afford prawn sandwiches so I’m sat with the riffraff in the lesser stands 😢

• Haha 1

I wouldn't mind the £5 charge if it was then refunded after proof of season card etc. 

Last season I left all our season tickets in the car, couldn't be arsed to walk back and get them as kick off was fast approaching. I was charged £2.50 per ticket, after a email complaining I was refunded. 

On a separate note I saw lots of season cards turning red on turnstiles today..? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is that so the club could sell them a package to watch us all meet our fate then? 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Who’s the Slo ? 

Ryan Corrigan (in name only)?

@bristolcityslo and slo@bcfc.co.uk are his Twitter and email respectively.

Doesn't frequent this forum, there's a thread on the subject in fact.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Technically, it's £4.50, but without your season ticket, they can't give you your discount on a forgotten ticket reprint. 🤔

Rock and a hard place, innit.

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

You wouldn't have to worry if that happened Tipps, you're well liked, I'm sure that plenty of us would happily piss on you if you were on fire mate... 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

You wouldn't have to worry if that happened Tipps, you're well liked, I'm sure that plenty of us would happily piss on you if you were on fire mate... 👍

That’s a relief, thanks for giving me something to look forward to, a golden shower from OTIB’s finest (and not so good)😂

Not long ago they had discretion over the charge. 

My missus threw our season cards in the bin days before the first game of the season (LJs first full season). 

I went to the ticket office before kickoff, the lady took pity on us saying she was supposed to charge something like £15 per replacement card, then ran 2 new cards off the machine and gave them to me for free. 

Computer says yes!

This needs some momentum, it's a disgrace. A total cash grab as others have said, a cynical way of making money out of people with literally no justification. If it wastes you some time and paper charge £1. No-one would have a problem with that.

Can you take it forward @Dollymarie @Blagdon red

14 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

If only our season card barcodes could be on an app on our phones , eliminating the need for season cards all togeher .....

But then they’d have no extra way of getting extra money out of their customers!

There are a few reasonings for why the club has done things that just don’t ring true, us customers are told they are doing one thing for the benefit of us customers & then they move the goalposts again & it’s us customers who are taking the fall for it! And it shows no sign of ending anytime soon!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

If only our season card barcodes could be on an app on our phones , eliminating the need for season cards all togeher .....

Can I just check what the fee is for forgetting my phone before I vote for this one?

• Haha 2

I'll be honest, on the one occasion I forgot my ticket, I thought the fiver was OK. I was expecting to have to buy a full-price one and claim it laboriously back or something.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'll be honest, on the one occasion I forgot my ticket, I thought the fiver was OK. I was expecting to have to buy a full-price one and claim it laboriously back or something.

I really don’t see the big deal. 

They obviously don’t want thousands of people forgetting their tickets regularly, so it’s a small penalty for being a bit of a numpty! 

I’ve only ever forgotten mine (been a numpty) twice. Once last season,  and gas far happier paying a fiver for a re-print, than the previous time a few years back, where I needed to buy another ticket and then take the stub back with my ST to claim a refund. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not long ago they had discretion over the charge. 

My missus threw our season cards in the bin days before the first game of the season (LJs first full season). 

I hope the divorce wasn’t too traumatic. 

• Like 1

It might be an idea to have the season card barcode tattooed onto the back of one's hand. Problem solved as wouldn't ever be forgotten. The only downside would be if one then lost one's hand in an accident. It would be even harder then to get the fiver payment out for forgetting one's severed hand.

Either that or use iris recognition technology. The intricate lines of the iris could be formed into a personal barcode unique to everyone. When one purchases a season ticket one's personal barcode is stored in the relevant turnstile technology and admittance can easily be obtained. I would've included fingerprints but then the same problem could arise as with the tattoo idea, except one would have to lose both hands in an accident before it became a problem and then it would be nigh on impossible to get a fiver out for forgetting to bring one's season fingerprints.

• Haha 1

Consider yourselves lucky, Bears fans are second class again (shirts being more expensive than City, etc) getting charged £10 to print off a forgotten or misplaced season ticket. 

Had it happen to me twice, first time I had misplaced it after boxing day game drunk (found it following week or so) second time it fell out of my pocket whilst getting phone out to take a call and nobody saw/handed it in even though I realised what had happened and returned to the spot within a couple of minutes.

Not very happy to find out City games will only cost me a fiver and Bears double for what is already a questionable charge... and some people got actual season card replacements for free!