IGNORED

Divers

RedLionLad

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

However let's be honest, Ashley whacked him in the ribs in the first half while making a clearance - I think I would forgive most for laying down after that.

Twice he went down trying to get a penalty and twice the referee didn’t have a word or show him a yellow card.

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Have we ever seen so many dives as today in the first half of any game before?

Their no. 17 and 19 have hardly been on their feet.

Were at the Jacks game?

If you were you’d have seen Ayew  throwing himself around and feigning injury  virtually all game - probably the worst example I’ve seen at AG throughout the  entire match.

The refereeing was particularly weak in that game.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Those in glass houses, we've a couple in our side who go down in a stiff breeze too. I don't like it any more than you but we're hardly innocent ourselves.

I agree but I do think we're more honest than most when it comes to diving, fake injuries and time wasting....

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

I agree but I do think we're more honest than most when it comes to diving, fake injuries and time wasting....

Took a quick free kick with 5 minutes left! Always in a hurry when sometimes there's no need to be.

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Those in glass houses, we've a couple in our side who go down in a stiff breeze too. I don't like it any more than you but we're hardly innocent ourselves.

Totally agree mate - we have lots on here with selective views - it  makes me laugh when an opposition player gets sent off vs the gas and the outraged ones post that most annoying of phrases “imagine my shock...”  - yeh cos footballers only ever get sent off when they are playing against Bristol Rovers - and, to be fair, I haven’t really got the time to imagine anyone’s shock - it must be a millennial social media thing ... they also think that penalties are only given when teams play da gas ... ‘imagine my shock’ - i’d rather imagine the MILF across the road in the shower, but that’s an entirely different story ...?

From where I was I felt the ref was quite lenient to us, we were quite physical today. If some of those had gone against us we’d be fuming!

also Massengo and Palmer did their own bit of “buying a foul” in the closing minutes. There was contact but they went down easy

Fair play to this Reading fan on their forum , and this comment after a frustrating 1-0 defeat 

‘ On another note, the ref was very good. He didn't fall for our ridiculous diving (which seems to now be a common feature of our game) and made the correct decisions throughout. It's easy to criticize refs when they're poor so it's important to praise them after a good game ‘

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair play to this Reading fan on their forum , and this comment after a frustrating 1-0 defeat 

‘ On another note, the ref was very good. He didn't fall for our ridiculous diving (which seems to now be a common feature of our game) and made the correct decisions throughout. It's easy to criticize refs when they're poor so it's important to praise them after a good game ‘

There's a joke there somewhere...

Archived